The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4780
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Do you know your content confidently? If it's a 2 hour exam then even a few hours of sleep might help cognition if you wake up early to revise? :redface:

No, I still need to go over material + do past papers. ): I might even force myself to drink yucky coffee so I can get through the night. Uh, idk.

I avoid all nighters... They may turn out disastrous, sleep is pretty much essential. :eek:

Yeah, I usually do too bc of past experience.. + I agree.. but I just don't trust myself to wake up on time to revise, especially bc it's already 2am. Like, last night I went to bed at around 3am + I was meant to be up at half 5am so I could do some Maths but I ..slept through 4 alarms. )': Which meant that I couldn't do the essential studying that was required. Uhh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anon_98
No, I still need to go over material + do past papers. ): I might even force myself to drink yucky coffee so I can get through the night. Uh, idk.

Yeah, I usually do too bc of past experience.. + I agree.. but I just don't trust myself to wake up on time to revise, especially bc it's already 2am. Like, last night I went to bed at around 3am + I was meant to be up at half 5am so I could do some Maths but I ..slept through 4 alarms. )': Which meant that I couldn't do the essential studying that was required. Uhh.

It might seem excessive but I set 10+ alarms on a few different devices... :colondollar: It usually works but I get you, sometimes you just sleep through it. :redface:
You need to get at least some sleep, would doing work now and going to sleep for a bit (at a later time) once you've done everything work? Provided you have someone to wake you up so you don't miss the exam, of course... :erm:

Ultimately, the exam might be more disastrous if you know more but have less sleep rather than if you know less and have more sleep - otherwise you'll just want to fall asleep or misunderstand what is being asked... (Happened to me...) :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)
Who is doing all nighter😭😭
Reply 4783
It might seem excessive but I set 10+ alarms on a few different devices... :colondollar: It usually works but I get you, sometimes you just sleep through it. :redface:
You need to get at least some sleep, would doing work now and going to sleep for a bit (at a later time) once you've done everything work? Provided you have someone to wake you up so you don't miss the exam, of course... :erm:

Ultimately, the exam might be more disastrous if you know more but have less sleep rather than if you know less and have more sleep - otherwise you'll just want to fall asleep or misunderstand what is being asked... (Happened to me...) :dontknow:

:cry:

10 alarms tho lmao. Yeah, I think that sounds like a good idea. Thank you, I've decided I'll work as much as I can until 5am then just sleep, regardless of whether I've completed everything or not.

You're right - thank you. (and it's happened to me too; really awful feeling. )

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4784
Original post by Sammia

:bawling:

I would but dying doesn't sound appealing, you know?
Original post by Anon_98
:cry:

10 alarms tho lmao. Yeah, I think that sounds like a good idea. Thank you, I've decided I'll work as much as I can until 5am then just sleep, regardless of whether I've completed everything or not.

You're right - thank you. (and it's happened to me too; really awful feeling. )

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your hard work and dedication will pay off if you're more confident in what you're doing. :yep: This isn't me speaking rubbish btw, it's from experience - I messed up three of my first exams because I didn't believe in my abilities. :sigh: But then I did better in subsequent ones because I learnt from my mistakes. :ahee:
Good luck Anon, stay positive and don't beat yourself up about it - you can do it! :heart:
now go and do it :woo:
Reply 4786
2 hours, I got this. Will report back once I'm done. :woo:
Reply 4787
Your hard work and dedication will pay off if you're more confident in what you're doing. :yep: This isn't me speaking rubbish btw, it's from experience - I messed up three of my first exams because I didn't believe in my abilities. :sigh: But then I did better in subsequent ones because I learnt from my mistakes. :ahee:
Good luck Anon, stay positive and don't beat yourself up about it - you can do it! :heart:
now go and do it :woo:

:heart:
Original post by Anon_98
:bawling:

I would but dying doesn't sound appealing, you know?

I have no choice😭
But the exam is on Thursday and
it's the last one wooohoooo
So gives me some motivation there's just so much to learn.
Keep going we got this🙌
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4789
Original post by Sammia
I have no choice😭
But the exam is on Thursday and
it's the last one wooohoooo
So gives me some motivation there's just so much to learn.
Keep going we got this🙌

Oh no. 😭😭

Oh, it's your last one - you can do this, power through and you'll be able to thank yourself in the end. 🌞 Really not long to go now, one more day + it's all over. 💛

Thanks yay, mhmm. 🌞🌞🌞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sammia

Me unfortunately, 2nd one in a row here :frown: Good thing I don't feel sleep deprived...yet
Reply 4791
Okay, so I've been over all the basic material. Now I'm going to spend 10-15 mins doing these sheet thingy questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4792
No, infact I'll just spend 5 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4793
I'll just spend however long it takes me, goddamnit. :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4794
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Me unfortunately, 2nd one in a row here :frown: Good thing I don't feel sleep deprived...yet

:console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made some really cool flashcards for law. :awesome:
Reply 4796
I love revising for Chem 5, it's just so.. fun. :cry2:

I really wish I could've had more time to study for it so I could've appreciated it all a bit more. )':

Anyway, I basically think I'm done. I've skimmed/completed 2 past papers and covered everything I need to know even though some of it feels a bit shaky but I don't want to stay up anymore so I'm hoping it'll be enough.

Goodnight. :'3 <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
I love revising for Chem 5, it's just so.. fun. :cry2:

I really wish I could've had more time to study for it so I could've appreciated it all a bit more. )':

Anyway, I basically think I'm done. I've skimmed/completed 2 past papers and covered everything I need to know even though some of it feels a bit shaky but I don't want to stay up anymore so I'm hoping it'll be enough.

Goodnight. :'3 <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that with politics. :tongue:

Goodnight and good luck with your exam Anon - I hope it goes well. :yep: :heart:
Reply 4798
Okay I'm going to start bio! I'm only gonna revise the subjects that people have predicted because frankly I have no time 😬
Original post by AW97
Okay I'm going to start bio! I'm only gonna revise the subjects that people have predicted because frankly I have no time 😬

What have people predicted? Are they ever accurate?

Im in the same boat today trying to revise all of it....i reckon understanding neurones is key, a bit on muscle contractions and then the processes in homeostasis and i should be okay, everything else is sort of blaggable/common sense...i dont include biotech as ive covered that a few weeks ago (luckily!)

Latest

Trending

Trending