Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Don't worry I'm sure you will.

Private school life - Why didn't I get an A* ?

State school life - Damn it !! One mark off a C.

Lmao.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
    So true...did ya get that off somewhere..or made it up..?

ReputationRep:
    I think P456 is easier than P123. I hate P123 but love P456 and P7. I'm hoping to get 100 UMS in them. Hopefully. Lol.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
    What is UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Wow, nice picture! It looks so professional!

I do Edexcel and I don't think we have 15 markers, instead 16 markers. This is usually the mast questions and you will be given a statement to discuss.

1) Firstly, plan! Planning is key and this will help you get the top marks
    2) Introduce what you are going to say e.g. I am going to talk about....
    3) write a paragraph or 2 to address why the statement is correct by adding lots of historical context. Make it detailed and always refer back to the question
    4) Do the same to address why the statement is not correct
    5) Finally, add your opinion e.g. Overall, I ....

Hope that helps
    Aw thank-you Sahra! they told me to 'act natural,' lol!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by DarkxAngel5)
    I don't know if you are still replying but you seem to have really great grades! Good luck!!!

Also if it isn't a bother, would you mind sharing your double chemistry and physics science notes? Or at least give us tips on how to successfully revise so that you can still remember what you've revise after days? Thank you ^-^
    Yeah I am still replying (when I can find time). I do triple science not double and might be able to share my notes later today. As for remembering it, make something so that you can recap everything very quickly to ensure nothing is forgotten. I use flashcards but a white board or cover and check work quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypetpikachu)
    So true...did ya get that off somewhere..or made it up..?
    I made it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    What is UMS?
    UMS is how you're awarded a grade. If 90 UMS for a paper is 45/60. Then you need to get 45/60 for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    I managed to find the mark scheme
    So this was for a 3 marker but it contains many more points, so I guess we could mould it into a 6 mark response if we tried (part b of the question btw)

Attachment 548769
    Thank you! And referring back to your posts of P456, yeah, they are quite an easy module as long as you understand the science involved! Just want to get additional done and over with

ReputationRep:
    I made it up.

Pretty cool...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    Thank you! And referring back to your posts of P456, yeah, they are quite an easy module as long as you understand the science involved! Just want to get additional done and over with
    You're welcome!
    And yeah I just can't wait for exams in general to be over, but yeah I agree that additional is particularly tedious. I'm dreading the 7s though

ReputationRep:
    Go for it.

' You make me rock hard baby all night. Love's like a glove and it fits just right ' - Kiss - Rock hard. Haven't listened to this track for ages.

Squad goals for life..lmao...jk

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any very hard mathematics questions? I would like to practise solving as many before the further maths exam so the harder, the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Does anyone know of any very hard mathematics questions? I would like to practise solving as many before the further maths exam so the harder, the better.
    You do further maths as well? What exam board do you do...?

ReputationRep:
    You do further maths as well? What exam board do you do...?
    AQA Level 2 IGCSE. Do feel free to send me further maths A-Level Edexcel questions as well; I'd love to give them a try!

ReputationRep:
    AQA Level 2 IGCSE. Do feel free to send me further maths A-Level Edexcel questions as well; I'd love to give them a try!
    Hmm...oh no..I don't do edexcel..i do Aqa as well but just not the iGcse...I'm just doing past papers..and going in mr Barton's maths...they give loads of practice papers on their with YouTube videos to explain every question...you should probably go on that and try it out..it might help...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...oh no..I don't do edexcel..i do Aqa as well but just not the iGcse...I'm just doing past papers..and going in mr Barton's maths...they give loads of practice papers on their with YouTube videos to explain every question...you should probably go on that and try it out..it might help...
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm already using Mr Barton and other sites! I was hoping for just random questions not confined to a specific exam board to prepare me for anything

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm already using Mr Barton and other sites! I was hoping for just random questions not confined to a specific exam board to prepare me for anything
    Ohh okay...sorry..I don't really know any..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Have you done the practise papers out of the workbook? Some of them are pretty tricky tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Have you done the practise papers out of the workbook? Some of them are pretty tricky tbh
    Yes, I didn't find them too hard!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I didn't find them too hard!
    Wow...ur pretty smart...don't think there is anything more you can do...you've already done more than enough..well done for that though...👍👍👏👏

ReputationRep:
    Wow...ur pretty smart...don't think there is anything more you can do...you've already done more than enough..well done for that though...👍👍👏👏
    Thank you very much, perhaps you're right

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.