• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    The closest we'll get to Torchwood in Doctor Who is the kiss between The Doctor and Jack in series one :sadnod: There have been many truly shocking moments in Doctor Who though - the thought of the UK government opening concentration camps if The Doctor hadn't been around to save the people from the falling Titanic? That scene between Wilf, Donna and the guy whose name I forget was amazing. Just thinking about it makes me well up a little bit.

Of course there's been plenty more moments where I've been all teary eyed because of the amazing acting, but that scene, just the idea is enough, but the salute ... oh my here I go!

ReputationRep:
    My sister had a really worrying thought - I hope to god that's not the new title sequence, or some form of it...

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's the new time vortex. It makes sense they re-do it, since the previous one was most likely RTD's idea. So if the new title sequence includes the Time Vortex (which, I would think it would, as there is probably no other point at which using it would be necessary so that trailer would've wasted resources/money) then that's what they'll have.

Murray Gold has also redone the music for the title sequence, so I'm really looking forward to that :O Hopefully it wont make me feel like I did when I heard Pulse de Chocobo from Final Fantasy XIII (which was sad that they had changed it so much).

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the new trailer. :lolwut: It was like that scene in Twilight where they are lying in a field.

ReputationRep:
    I still like Matt Smith, despite that trailer.

ReputationRep:
    I think hes the right man but he has to ditch the bow tie! then he'd look a look nicer ;-) my OH likes the new assistant though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving the hint of an accent Amy shows in the trailer. Too bad she's a girl ...

And yeah, the bow tie makes him look a bit dorky (as does his random outfit :|) but oh well, The Doctor has rarely been fashionable - a scarf for all weathers, a cricket uniform, question mark umbrella. Don't even get started on Technicolour-six XD

I think Matt Smith is a fairly attractive person and I am still reserving judgement until I see him for more than a minute in his persona as The Doctor ;B I mean, we get an hour of him come Easter :heart:

ReputationRep:
    *Runs around excitedly*

:woo: :run: Ah! Hurry up Easter!

ReputationRep:
    In the new trailer, did anyone get what the Dalek was saying? Or what that alien face near the end of the trailer was? Can't wait till Easter!

ReputationRep:
    Putting together what information has been going around in the past, I think the face was most likely a remodelled Silurian. And I'm guessing they'll be showing up in the second episode, "The Beast Below", as they are natives of Planet Earth and it makes sense. I could be mistaken though.

ReputationRep:
    The earth breaking in the trailer could be a hint to that? Or something...

ReputationRep:
    And the Dalek says "State your identity"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    *Runs around excitedly*

:woo: :run: Ah! Hurry up Easter!
    When's easter? 4th april?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mist786)
    When's easter? 4th april?
    According to the first website I looked at, yes.

I'm not sure I can wait that long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    According to the first website I looked at, yes.

I'm not sure I can wait that long.
    I'm doing a countdown

According to my calculations it's going to be 41 days.

I hate waiting for the next episode to show.

Matt Smith better be good, hope he is worth the wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mist786)
    I'm doing a countdown

According to my calculations it's going to be 41 days.

I hate waiting for the next episode to show.

Matt Smith better be good, hope he is worth the wait
    The wait for The End of Time nearly killed me, but so hopefully this wait won't be as bad.

ReputationRep:
    "Easter" could mean the actual holiday, or it could mean the end of term break for most schools. Which starts the first weekend in April (so both happen to be 4th April anyway XD)

Apparantly IMDB was under the impression the new series starts mid-march though.

ReputationRep:
    The US always reveals their air-dates so sooner than we do :| Anyway, April 17th is when the next series is scheduled for American transmission, so ours is definitely going to be before that

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/...octor-who.html

ReputationRep:
    Ours is April 5th. New advert said so.

ReputationRep:
    There's another new advert? :O

April 5th is a Monday :|

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.