Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Nah, you've got to want the English teams to do well in Europe. The only one I wouldn't support is QPR.
    Well I'd rather they did do well than say, an Italian or Spanish team (just two randomly picked nations), but I still don't follow it until quarters/semis/final.

Whats wrong with QPR?

(Original post by LH123)
    Well I'd rather they did do well than say, an Italian or Spanish team (just two randomly picked nations), but I still don't follow it until quarters/semis/final.

Whats wrong with QPR?
    Fair enough, I suppose. But I like supporting them till they get to that stage too.

They're Brentford's rivals, they're the richest club in the world thanks to a takeover, they tried to buy Brentford out in the seventies and their fans are a bunch of *****.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I suppose. But I like supporting them till they get to that stage too.

They're Brentford's rivals, they're the richest club in the world thanks to a takeover, they tried to buy Brentford out in the seventies and their fans are a bunch of *****.
    Fair enough, I have no allegiance to them, just wondered why. Think I may have managed them once on Championship Manager 97/98 (oh the good old days :p:).

I only really hate Manchester United and West Brom, although the latter quite a bit more. Chelsea are close to making the list, but it's too much effort to hate them.

Jessica, we're not going to talk about lacrosse, okay?
    Croquet?

(Original post by LH123)
    Fair enough, I have no allegiance to them, just wondered why. Think I may have managed them once on Championship Manager 97/98 (oh the good old days :p:).

I only really hate Manchester United and West Brom, although the latter quite a bit more. Chelsea are close to making the list, but it's too much effort to hate them.
    Oh, I even watch out for their results on FM games and hope that they're losing their virtual matches. The only other team that comes close for me is MK Dons.

(Original post by JessicaW)
    Croquet?
    Very well. The Northampton team's doing smashingly this year, aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I even watch out for their results on FM games and hope that they're losing their virtual matches. The only other team that comes close for me is MK Dons.

:rofl:, that does take it to an extreme. I'm normally too immersed in my own managerial problems to be gleeful in other 'peoples'. I love taking a low league team (Conference North or South) all the way up to the premiership, although it takes a lot of effort and a damn long time...

Have you seen pictures for the new FM coming out next month? It's got a 3D match pitch this time around! :eek:

Very well. The Northampton team's doing smashingly this year, aren't they?
    They are. I still think they could do a lot better though. They often fail to take a croquet when they easily could.

(Original post by LH123)
    :rofl:, that does take it to an extreme. I'm normally too immersed in my own managerial problems to be gleeful in other 'peoples'. I love taking a low league team (Conference North or South) all the way up to the premiership, although it takes a lot of effort and a damn long time...

Have you seen pictures for the new FM coming out next month? It's got a 3D match pitch this time around! :eek:
    My best ever achievement to date is taking Bury to the Prem and getting a UEFA Cup spot.

No, I haven't, actually! Not sure if I'll get it as I know it'll distract me far too much here...

(Original post by JessicaW)
    They are. I still think they could do a lot better though. They often fail to take a croquet when they easily could.
    Indeed. And their performance against Toulouse in the International Croquet Cup was woeful. Still, they could be the team who break the stranglehold Peterborough have upon the national game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)

Talking of taking a low league team to the Premiership, I managed it with Hull City (put them in the Conference to start with as they are in the Third Division) on CM01/02 in 8 seasons.

Won the Conference first year, Third Division second year, Second Division through the play-offs in my fourth year, First Division through the play-offs seventh year, and finished 8th in my first Premiership season, and also was top once as well.

That's the one and only good achievement I've had to date on a football management game.

Plus, I'm looking forward to the new Football Manager.

I'm looking forward to the result of your match against Severnside tbh. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    peterborough :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to the result of your match against Severnside tbh. :teeth:
    I am too mate

It's a big game as well, even if it is in the lowest league of English football.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah FM, my blackburn are riding high in the champions league :bhangra:

(Original post by Seanyyy [s)
    love[/s]]peterborough :rofl:
    Yeah, Helsinki turned them into a bit of a laughing stock last night, didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    My best ever achievement to date is taking Bury to the Prem and getting a UEFA Cup spot.

No, I haven't, actually! Not sure if I'll get it as I know it'll distract me far too much here...
    I managed to get Welling promoted, but then began to get bored of the game sadly. I used to play as Mansfield in Division Three on CM 97/98 with my dad though (he played as mighty scarborough). It's much more fun than playing as a team already set up; for example, Manchester United or another club of equal/higher calibre.

And you should check it out, it look's awesome. They have been testing the 3D system for over a year now.

(Original post by FCUtdWill)
    Talking of taking a low league team to the Premiership, I managed it with Hull City (put them in the Conference to start with as they are in the Third Division) on CM01/02 in 8 seasons.

Won the Conference first year, Third Division second year, Second Division through the play-offs in my fourth year, First Division through the play-offs seventh year, and finished 8th in my first Premiership season, and also was top once as well.

That's the one and only good achievement I've had to date on a football management game.

Plus, I'm looking forward to the new Football Manager.
    My best was probably with Wolves in 01/02 I think, maybe 02/03. Admittedly I only started in the First Division but getting promoted for the first time was awesome, and I had found some brilliant young talent. It was also amazing because I scouted a few youngsters who then appeared later on in real life football, most notably Dean Ashton and Wayne Routledge.

On my Welling game I signed around 20-30 players in three seasons that had a cumulative cost of £0. :^_^: I also had a striker who scored 45 goals in a season and people were offering crazy amounts for him, I think the biggest offer was £100k, which is phenominally huge in the Conference.

ReputationRep:
    duuuude, football talk :w00t:

i've got a football!

:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    have you got a football?

ReputationRep:
    I do, I do!

I have actually.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.