Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Feel free to come and rescue the wilderness that we call a back yard! How did you get into gardening? I might have a go this summer :holmes: What kind of things do you do?
    I dunno I just enjoy it. I remember diging up a bed with a pickaxe about 8 years ago (ground was that stony) and I just have fun done it with my dad/ mum since forever basically. My brother isn't interested at all...Don't enjoy weeding so much but if weather is nice it is ok.

Last year I built a raised bed with a drystone wall and then a 1 foot wall of the same which was for stting on etc. Also made one set of steps and had to make an extention on a gravel path. Then standard mowing, edging, weeding and weedkill. One of the tree I had to remove a branch from too.

Doing another set of steps hopefully this year and then not sure beyond that standard stuff. Not that there is a lack of things to do, just need parental approval.

I would recommend it, great fun although be prepared to have it look more crap halfway through if doing a project.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Si! Definitely at some point in Aug. I am excellent & you? Still working?
    For my sins. We had to pack up the festival shop today and transport all of the stock and equipment to two different branches. So it was 9 to 8, packing books into boxes and then lugging those boxes around, and I had to drive about 70 miles overall too.

ReputationRep:
    You know the Fear before exams? Bad dose right now, 1 week to go and loads left...I really can't fail this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    You know the Fear before exams? Bad dose right now, 1 week to go and loads left...I really can't fail this year...
    Good luck! How worried are you? Should be fine.

I have found out one of my friends failed everything...1 month to learn a whole year...I have a feeling we will be down 1 next year. Another failed 1. The worst 1. Really really sucks.

ReputationRep:
    So after tonight's convo, my friends now unanimously think I'm the 'Ross' out of our lot! :shock:

Yeah, Ross is cool (kinda), but Chandler is soooo much cooler! Why couldn't I be the Chandler? Apparently, I'm also more JD than Turk! I think they are telling me something here, something I refuse to believe... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    So after tonight's convo, my friends now unanimously think I'm the 'Ross' out of our lot! :shock:

Yeah, Ross is cool (kinda), but Chandler is soooo much cooler! Why couldn't I be the Chandler? Apparently, I'm also more JD than Turk! I think they are telling me something here, something I refuse to believe... :p:
    Could be worse, I was told I was the Phoebe. Goddammit.

In other news have been assigned Chichester for first rotation next year doing gastro/renal/endo. Should be ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)

In other news have been assigned Chichester for first rotation next year doing gastro/renal/endo. Should be ace.
    Chichester's supposed to be great, everyone I know who went there for a rotation loved it.

Abdo is a really good first rotation, a lot of what you cover should give you a decent grounding in gen med which is useful for the following rotations. I had abdo last and found it helped me make sense of things from the previous two. Oh - assuming they haven't changed the exam format in the last year, which is possible knowing the admin dept - if the last written paper is still data interpretation, the book Data Interpretation for Medical Students is a must.

Being in a DGH is fab too, ignore all the people who moan about it. Fewer students so you're not just another face in the crowd, and you usually get more time and better teaching from the teams you're with. I've picked DGHs for both my final year hospital rotations for that reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syncope)
    Chichester's supposed to be great, everyone I know who went there for a rotation loved it.

Abdo is a really good first rotation, a lot of what you cover should give you a decent grounding in gen med which is useful for the following rotations. I had abdo last and found it helped me make sense of things from the previous two. Oh - assuming they haven't changed the exam format in the last year, which is possible knowing the admin dept - if the last written paper is still data interpretation, the book Data Interpretation for Medical Students is a must.

Being in a DGH is fab too, ignore all the people who moan about it. Fewer students so you're not just another face in the crowd, and you usually get more time and better teaching from the teams you're with. I've picked DGHs for both my final year hospital rotations for that reason.
    Sounds like a good deal then! I actually requested to go out (as suggested by my fourth year housemates - you may know them!), and Chichester was my first choice, although mainly for location as it's just as easy to get back to the South-West as it is to get to London.

Where'd you get for your rotations then? I'd be very tempted by Salisbury myself, lovely place.

ReputationRep:
    Hoooray Ob&Gyn all passed and sorted!!!

Now just to wait for those annoying Paediatrics written paper results... *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)

I have found out one of my friends failed everything...1 month to learn a whole year...I have a feeling we will be down 1 next year. Another failed 1. The worst 1. Really really sucks.
    what a ridiculous username.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)

How worried? On a scale of fear, it's right up there. We don't have third year resits, you repeat the year, + no ibsc for me. So, no, that would be sub-optimal.

ReputationRep:
    1 more day until 4 weeks of freedom...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good deal then! I actually requested to go out (as suggested by my fourth year housemates - you may know them!), and Chichester was my first choice, although mainly for location as it's just as easy to get back to the South-West as it is to get to London.

Where'd you get for your rotations then? I'd be very tempted by Salisbury myself, lovely place.

I've got GP first - no idea where yet, they haven't released the allocations despite telling us we'd have them before exams. :rolleyes: Then surgery at Dartford, then medicine in Canterbury last. Very happy with that!

Disclaimer: this is all dependant on results on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Have begun obsessively checking the med school intranet to see if timetables and placement details are up for next year yet. Nothing so far. Starting to see a pattern though, obsessively checking UCAS Track, obsessively checking intranet. Is it a medic thing?

ReputationRep:
    4 days until freedom... I can't bloody wait! I think George's breaks the record for the longest third year there is

ReputationRep:

Sorry to butt in but was searching for something and this thread came up. If anyone needs any info about the hosp at Chichester, location, city centre, where best for food et al please give me a shout - know the area and the hospital very very well

ReputationRep:
    ...amagawd I'm now officially a finalist! *weeps in joy*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skwee)
    ...amagawd I'm now officially a finalist! *weeps in joy*
    Well done. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Well done. :awesome:
    Thank you m'dearrr! I feel nearly like a grown up... :cool: Now the joys of looking forward to full-time, non-paid slavery placements...well at least we don't get any exams in year 6 I suppose! Might retake a couple of them in order to improve grades below 80% though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skwee)
    Thank you m'dearrr! I feel nearly like a grown up... :cool: Now the joys of looking forward to full-time, non-paid slavery placements...well at least we don't get any exams in year 6 I suppose! Might retake a couple of them in order to improve grades below 80% though...
    Do they let you do that? We aren't allowed to retake to improve grades, only to pass.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.