The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i hope that i get the grade i deserve to get ....after all that hard work i should get good ressults
Original post by mascot of NI
I thought the Spanish reading wasn't too bad but the listening was tricky enough in some parts. Then again the listening is usually my worst part. How did you find it?

Listening was weird! Some odd questions and tough enough vocab. Reading I found pretty handy, I went through both after with my teachers so I'm pretty sure I know my marks, which takes the pressure off Thursday for it at least.
Original post by aasvogel
Listening was weird! Some odd questions and tough enough vocab. Reading I found pretty handy, I went through both after with my teachers so I'm pretty sure I know my marks, which takes the pressure off Thursday for it at least.

Yeah i also found the listening exam the more difficult out of the two, I thought the reading was more easier than expected and thank god i did higher because only 3 people in our class could do higher, i would have hated to do foundation.
Original post by Dalek1099
The anxiety is definitely kicking in now-its a lot worse than in previous years because I was worried about doing bad in subjects I was pretty sure I had done well in but now I'm worrying about a subject I really think I haven't done so well in and how I might have done even worse-I'm so scared to pick up that Geography result, the overall result won't be that bad at least a C due to previous units and coursework unless I get an absolutely ridiculous U but that Unit 3 exam result is going to be really bad.

The exam was pretty hard and had some hard questions but I failed on the questions that should have been there and had started to realise that although I was putting down good points with explanation there was no real links and connections across the piece and that it didn't flow like it should have done and that made me realise why I only got a B in Unit 2 and how bad I've probably done in that exam.

After the exam, I was pretty sure I had still got an A overall in Geography but now due to this anxiety attack I'm starting to think a B is much more probable and at this rate tomorrow I'll be telling you I've got a C with a very low U in Unit 3.

I dont do geography but im feeling the same for history im aiming for A* as I got this in the first exam and it excited me but then I got an A in the second exam and coursework so I was told I need almost full marks. However the worst exam I did I was expecting a dif topic to come anxiety set in as soon as I opened the paper then on question 4 I did this stupid thing where I folded the paper so its easier to write on flipped it over wrote another full page. 10 mins left and I think im done however flick through and I accidentally wrote a full page for question 3 so had to cross it out rewrite it and I only wrote a paragraph for it
Original post by Darnell LD97
Yeah i also found the listening exam the more difficult out of the two, I thought the reading was more easier than expected and thank god i did higher because only 3 people in our class could do higher, i would have hated to do foundation.

Did you do it with CCEA as well? :redface:

I wish I'd gone through mine because I really want an A* as I'm meant to be doing A level Spanish.
I'm taking Physics, Chemistry and Maths but if I get a B in Chemistry I'm changing it to Economics :smile:

ah that's cool, what do you want to do at university?:smile:
Did you do it with CCEA as well? :redface:

Oh hahahaha sorry lol i did it with AQA :biggrin:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
ah that's cool, what do you want to do at university?:smile:

Well i would like to study Physics at Imperial College London. :smile: What are you considering to do at uni?
Original post by mascot of NI
I wish I'd gone through mine because I really want an A* as I'm meant to be doing A level Spanish.

I remember a few answers if there are few you're unsure of if you can remember them?
Grade boundaries will be low anyway, 28-30 would be an A*.
Does anyone know if anything else comes in the envelope apart from the sheet of our subject results? Do we also get the individual grades we got for particular exams took in May/June, GCSE certificates and so on?
Reply 4811
I'm going to get my supplies on Saturday and I'm weirdly excited for it :tongue: I was thinking of getting a folder for each unit per subject then dividing it notes/sheets/exam question...
Reply 4812
Original post by goldenshades
Does anyone know if anything else comes in the envelope apart from the sheet of our subject results? Do we also get the individual grades we got for particular exams took in May/June, GCSE certificates and so on?

Im not entirely sure, but i think you also get module grades along with your final grade on the sheet. I think you get the certificates later on (not on results day):smile:
Original post by sr234
Im not entirely sure, but i think you also get module grades along with your final grade on the sheet. I think you get the certificates later on (not on results day):smile:
Oh okay, thanks :biggrin:
Well i would like to study Physics at Imperial College London. :smile: What are you considering to do at uni?

ah cool, I'm thinking economics at the moment maybe
I have no clue what a levels to take:frown: I have to decide Monday :frown:
I want to go into social work but I'm VERY interested in media etc so I was thinking
Media
Photography
Sociology
But what other subject could i take?:frown:
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decide Thursday sorry...although I wish results were on Monday ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basket case
I have no clue what a levels to take:frown: I have to decide Monday :frown:
I want to go into social work but I'm VERY interested in media etc so I was thinking
Media
Photography
Sociology
But what other subject could i take?:frown:
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology might be a good choice?
Original post by snikutsmullac
Psychology might be a good choice?

I was thinking that but apparently there's ALOT of science involved... I'm really not a science person:frown: so that's what's put me off psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basket case
I was thinking that but apparently there's ALOT of science involved... I'm really not a science person:frown: so that's what's put me off psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it's gonna be hardcore science like chemistry, biology and physics... if it was an extremely science based subject, you'd need a good grade in science GCSEs to do it at A-Level, and I've only ever heard of you needing English Language to study it.

Latest