Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Zerforax)
    When did I question the development of those players?
    Ahem, that's what the discussion was about. :p: And specifically about whether Ronaldo would have been as good a player as he is now had he moved to Arsenal instead of United.

Personally, I think it's likely that he would have been at least almost as good, but there's really no way of ever telling with these things, is there. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Ahem, that's what the discussion was about. :p: And specifically about whether Ronaldo would have been as good a player as he is now had he moved to Arsenal instead of United.

Personally, I think it's likely that he would have been at least almost as good, but there's really no way of ever telling with these things, is there. :dontknow:
    Yes and no. Development of the player lies in focusing on the strengths of a player. Wenger has been particularly good at this- identifying the best position to play each player e.g. Henry. Obviously its difficult to tell whether Ronaldo would have been as successful at Arsenal as you say but given that Wenger has on numerous occasions shifted players to make best use of them, its safe to assume that Ronaldo would have done equally well here. Also I don't think Ronaldo was ever the player that needed 'development'. He was always self-motivated and it would have just been a matter of playing him regularly and I'm sure he would have excelled at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen plenty of Arsenal videos but this is easily the best I've ever seen. Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    It's not Arsenal fans who do it though. Like earlier someone said something like 'I screamed when that went in' in response to the Arshavin Barca goal and got negged for it. Makes no sense.

It is often the pro-Arsenal posts that get negged.
    Lol it's not me, but ye like 200 of my neg rep has come from this thread :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well from what I've heard and read of the Arsenal wage structure - all the players are (or were in recent years) roughly rewarded equally - as in players around the same age would all be on 40k rather than being paid relative to their play or how in demand they were. Had Wenger not taken this approach, imo, he would've found it much easier to offload a lot of dud players (e.g. Bendtner, Denilson etc etc) and could've retained some other players with higher salaries (see A.Cole sage for example).
    I can't argue with that to be honest but PRSOM.

He would still have a lot more to play with had we not had all this debt to pay off but yeah, that's true as well. In fairness to him I think he's realising how ridiculous our wage structure is and a lot of the deadwood is finally moving on which should allow us to pay players higher wages in line with the seemingly increasing fees we are looking to pay for players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    I've seen plenty of Arsenal videos but this is easily the best I've ever seen. Enjoy.
    wonderful wonderful video

(except that I dont like that they have completly cut out RVP... - but I understand why.. im just in the tiny minority who dont hate him..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    I'm actually crying like a baby
    That was just so beautiful..

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think it's mainly the WUMs/new posters with no rep.

I get a lot of neg reps from this thread too but a lot of them are worth 0.
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Agreed :lol: By far the most butt-hurt footy thread on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ikr, everyone has their own opinion! I don't understand this getting negged thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Ikr, everyone has their own opinion! I don't understand this getting negged thing.
    Why do you care if you get negged? Didn't realise online reputation meant that much to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Why do you care if you get negged? Didn't realise online reputation meant that much to you.
    Tbf, i don't. Anyway i'm on mobile about 60% of time so i can't see it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arsenal join chase for Julio Cesar

Arsenal are to compete with Roma and Fiorentina for the Brazil goalkeeper Júlio César, with Queens Park Rangers braced to receive a formal bid for his services in the coming week following the conclusion of the Confederations Cup.

...Júlio César, impressive in his only season at QPR and scouted by his prospective employers over the last two weeks, has indicated a desire to remain in London next term and, despite interest from the Italian clubs, his representatives expect to resume talks with Arsenal once his international commitments are complete.
    Also,

He would be joined in London by Gonzalo Higuaín, whose £22m move from Real Madrid should be concluded over the next few days after the Spaniards' new manager, Carlo Ancelotti, sanctioned the transfer.
    And in news that might disappoint some:

Wenger's interest in the Swansea defender Ashley Williams and Everton's Marouane Fellaini may be frustrated, however, with Arsenal apparently unwilling to meet the Welsh club's £10m valuation of the centre-half or meet the £24m release clause, which expires on 15 August, in the Belgian's contract at Goodison.

On a different note, this is from OptaJoe:

0 - Arsenal & Man Utd were the only two teams not to lose any matches where they led at any stage in the 12/13 Premier League. Resilient.
    How interesting is that. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Arsenal join chase for Julio Cesar

Also,

And in news that might disappoint some:

On a different note, this is from OptaJoe:

How interesting is that. :beard:
    Didn't want williams anyway but thought we could get Fellaini

I could imagine Ramsey and Fellaini working well together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?! We get linked with Torres!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...torres-2011565

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

Source: The Mirror

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

maybe wenger wants the ultimate challenge?

turning torres back into a world class striker.. well, thats bassically the same as a trophy?

ReputationRep:
    If it's stupid, you can refrain from posting it you know. Don't have to post every article you read especially during silly season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    If it's stupid, you can refrain from posting it you know. Don't have to post every article you read especially during silly season.
    I know but it was so ridiculous, I had to post it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    a link to torres is quite funny though and it certianly breaks the bordom of 3 weeks of hearing people debate over and over about higuian,..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    That's not really the point, actually. It's the fact that this feature is on here anyway.. What is TSR trying to say? Opinions are wrong? I don't give a damn about online reputations.. And anyways I bet you cared about ur rep when u first joined but clearly you've done a lot of damage already to do anything about it. In conclusion, you don't know what my initial point was so don't jump to conclusions. kthanksbye.

ReputationRep:
    Daily Round ups for anyone who has somehow not seen the latest:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/30/gonzalo-higuain-waiting-for-real-madrid-to-green-light-arsenal-transfer-3862959/

http://www.football365.com/news/2155...-Ossie-Ardiles

http://soccerlens.com/gunners-boss-w...rsenal/110435/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rooney-2010734

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Williams.html

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.