Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Austin is already a phenomenal striker, and now he has Hasselbaink as a coach.

(Original post by James Milibanter)
    Basically I'm a Millwall fan
    Unlucky mate.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nothing much happening in the Ipswich and Middlesbrough game so far, nearly half time now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Millwall are playing Wycombe tomorrow, my prediction is 2-1 to millwall.

Lee Gregory to open the scoring. I'd put money on it but seeing as I live in Barking, I may be beaten up after placing the bet.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Goal for Middlesbrough
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Austin is already a phenomenal striker, and now he has Hasselbaink as a coach.
    Can't imagine he'll be there post-summer, though, if they fail to get promoted. No idea where this leaves Burton, either. Top of the league but set to undergo a massive upheaval now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Dominant second half for Middlesbrough, Ipswich just couldn't live with them in the end. Middlesbrough top for the league, at least until tomorrow anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Middlesbrough should finish top four. They may miss out on automatic promotion given that teams can spring from nowhere and get a place in the top flight by just enjoying some momentum towards the back end of the season. If they finish any lower, though, something has gone wrong.

Ipswich were decent tonight, but they are failing to replicate the home form which made Portman Road such a fortress in 2014/15.

ReputationRep:
    What do we all think of Bradford's manager Phil Parkinson ? To be fair he has done really well with Bradford, ie the cup runs and the league status. However a lot of people critcise his football tactics, saying their old and boring, which is some what true like the long ball thats just doesnt do anything for us now.

But what do we think of the tactics ? There ok it does the job, but if we do get promoted to Championship we cant stick with the long/hoof ball tactics its just wont work and we will come back down very fast. Sheffield united seemed pretty reluctant to have Parkinson take over last season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by redleader1)
    What do we all think of Bradford's manager Phil Parkinson ? To be fair he has done really well with Bradford, ie the cup runs and the league status. However a lot of people critcise his football tactics, saying their old and boring, which is some what true like the long ball thats just doesnt do anything for us now.

But what do we think of the tactics ? There ok it does the job, but if we do get promoted to Championship we cant stick with the long/hoof ball tactics its just wont work and we will come back down very fast. Sheffield united seemed pretty reluctant to have Parkinson take over last season.
    He's a thoroughly unlikeable individual, though. I'm not sure anybody really can begrudge a team in the third tier for playing hoofball (in fact, only a few teams - Coventry, Walsall, Burton, Bury play attractively), but coupled with Parkinson's grating personality, it's hard to really like him.

ReputationRep:
    My football club confuses me

ReputationRep:
    Hull fans were silent

Snodgrass got a fantastic reception, which was nice to see

About 25 people left in the 17th minute over #PieGate

Fantastic win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    My football club confuses me
    You guys never good enough to be promoted and never bad enough to be relegated if this continues for years, it would make the championship "the Leeds division"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He's a thoroughly unlikeable individual, though. I'm not sure anybody really can begrudge a team in the third tier for playing hoofball (in fact, only a few teams - Coventry, Walsall, Burton, Bury play attractively), but coupled with Parkinson's grating personality, it's hard to really like him.
    Whats wrong with his personality ? He seems alright, if you had said Steve Evans had a bad personality then I would understand. But Parkinson seems fine. But in terms of football tactics we cant cope with it in the Championship and the media have sort of said its Bradfords season to push for promotion.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Whats wrong with his personality ? He seems alright, if you had said Steve Evans had a bad personality then I would understand. But Parkinson seems fine. But in terms of football tactics we cant cope with it in the Championship and the media have sort of said its Bradfords season to push for promotion.
    He seems brash and arrogant to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He seems brash and arrogant to me.
    Hmmm. But what about his tactics ? Since Bradford are trying to make the play offs under Parkinson we're not going to last in the Championship.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Poor Bolton. They can't seem to catch a break at the minute. Late winner for Cardiff at the Macron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You guys never good enough to be promoted and never bad enough to be relegated if this continues for years, it would make the championship "the Leeds division"
    Tell me about it! The one thing I said years ago was that I didn't want to become a mediocre championship club, although it's better than league one. We'll get back to the promised land one day.. And the premier league will become interesting again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    James Wilson bags a goal for Brighton. Fair play to him. He needs to get his head down and work hard while out there, but the main currency for any striker is goals and he got off the mark well today.

ReputationRep:
    1000 FC United fans at Stockport today

ReputationRep:
    Also, a pub was on fire during the game between Northampton and Northwich Victoria

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.