Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    Who said to give away your identity? Lol I would never even do that. I do know that the internet is a dangerous place that is why I don't give too much info. Seriously I do know about all these crimes, I have always been extra cautious when I am on the internet alhamdulilah.
    I'm just kidding my name's Abdul-Karim Ali, I live in Southeast London (Forest Hill)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Yeah I wonder why though, considering the amount of Somalis institutionalised due to mental illness linked to Khat. Or just mental health issues in general.

lol somalis talk about/know everyone's business though.
    I honestly don't know but the issue is something the community needs to increase awareness of. Community leaders, health professionals families...etc
    Somali mental health day needs to become a happening thing!!
    If we as students should all come together use university facilities invite the community, get people involved...etc discussing mental health and mental wellbeing on that day.

ReputationRep:
    Back to Somalia? Why, so over the top lol. Its sad, first time hearing about this issue so it shocked me. I guess they think its ceeb. You know how Somali people love rude nicknames, they'll call you e.g Ayaan Waalan forever.
    Yeah, I guess with somali mum's there's a lot of gossip, so it might've just been lost in translation or something. Or maybe they just don't want other people to find out about their problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    SubhanAllah, I just wanna say, that I remember this time last year really well. That Secretnerd was contemplating on f=going to see the fireworks and then she went and regretted it. And how I wanted to see the fireworks in the Mailbox here in Brum and look now a whole 'nother year flashed past us. Just like that. It really did some like a few months ago or so..
    Heyyyyy gurfriendddddddddd!!!

(Original post by Anonynous)
    You have to understand I need to look out for my own security. Haven't you heard about all the kidnapping crimes etc.. that happens over the internet. I'm sure you too would be cautious in giving away your identity. It's nothing personal.
    Looooooool shes falling 4 it

ReputationRep:
    Happpy new year peeeps!!! 2014 has been an absolutely crazy year for me and i've grown so much as a person this year than any other year. InshaAllah 2015 brings us and our loved ones joy and full of great memories!!

Shout out to chukkeigh, fats, justmyself and AK

ReputationRep:
    Where's MissFats:cry:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    You have to understand I need to look out for my own security. Haven't you heard about all the kidnapping crimes etc.. that happens over the internet. I'm sure you too would be cautious in giving away your identity. It's nothing personal.
    Everyone knows you attend Cass:fyi:

I could find you and keep you for ransom.:ninja:

I live in inner city London.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    I honestly don't know but the issue is something the community needs to increase awareness of. Community leaders, health professionals families...etc
    Somali mental health day needs to become a happening thing!!
    If we as students should all come together use university facilities invite the community, get people involved...etc discussing mental health and mental wellbeing on that day.
    Yes! This needs to happen.

ReputationRep:
    What's up people? Haven't posted on here in ages. How you all doing?

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes! This needs to happen.
    There's an event in London this upcoming Friday that will discuss mental health issues in the Somali Community. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/WSSPofficia...type=1&theater (there's a new poster that I've seen but I can't seem to find it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProfessorS)
    There's an event in London this upcoming Friday that will discuss mental health issues in the Somali Community. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/WSSPofficia...type=1&theater (there's a new poster that I've seen but I can't seem to find it).
    Wow, thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    I was just on a Somali thread speaking to this light Somali girl.:yes:

And I thought of giving my Somali comprades a visit.:bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameel the daddy)
    I was just on a Somali thread speaking to this light Somali girl.:yes:

And I thought of giving my Somali comprades a visit.:bigsmile:
    Why did you delete what you wrote to me lol, I didn't see it? :curious:

& looooooooool you're back :rofl: I thought you vanished

ReputationRep:
    Why did you delete what you wrote to me lol, I didn't see it? :curious:

& looooooooool you're back :rofl: I thought you vanished
    Because you're scary.:sad:

I was afraid of the consequences of entering the dragon's den.

ReputationRep:
    Because you're scary.:sad:

I was afraid of the consequences of entering the dragon's den.
    loool :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    loool :hugs:
    Are you still mad?:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Are you still mad?:mmm:
    Nope :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Do i have any supporters here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    Do i have any supporters here?
    Ofcourse General Caideed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam stones)
    As[salaam-alaikum brother Abdul-Karim I need a favour from a Muslim brother such as your self.

Can lend me your CV please.:flutter:

I'm currently in the process of accumulating some of the best CVs I can find from various intelligent individuals and you're one of my lucky chosen few.

So what do you say I'll pay £50.00 straight into your bank account.:deal:.
    I can give you mine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.