Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    I'm starting to freak out. Believe me, if I don't get the interview it is the end of the world 😩😂 what does the subject look like on the email if you're rejected lol? I'm always scared to open the email and I know that by looking at the subject you'll already know whether you're shortlisted or not I.e. It will say "interview invitation"
    Haha yeah I'm wondering this......I DON'T want it to tell me in the subject bit, just so I can spend four hours preparing myself before opening the email.

Also, I started looking through shortlisting rates and acceptance rates and stuff. Don't do that.........:zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    Haha yeah I'm wondering this......I DON'T want it to tell me in the subject bit, just so I can spend four hours preparing myself before opening the email.

Also, I started looking through shortlisting rates and acceptance rates and stuff. Don't do that.........:zomg:
    After carefully reviewing your application, we regret to inform you...😂

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you guys know that emails for interview DONT have their decision written in the subject - it's just 'Application to the University of Oxford' so nothing is given away by that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karina_xo)
    Just to let you guys know that emails for interview DONT have their decision written in the subject - it's just 'Application to the University of Oxford' so nothing is given away by that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about when my little email box flashes up in the bottom right hand side of the screen, showing the first few lines of the actual email as well

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the past years people applying to St Hugh's got emails stating "interview invitation".

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have just prevented literally dozens of panic attacks. :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EoghanB97)
    I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?
    So are you a foreign student? I don't think UK applicants have been informed yet ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollaPulchra197)
    I'm a Oriel Choral Scholarship Law Applicant - has anyone heard back from Oriel yet?? 😂😂 or about the choral scholarship?
    I'm an Oriel PPE applicant - haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    i've been reading that students were given emails asking about their preferred choice of interview - do all colleges do this? i'm an international student from australia applying for wadham human sci yet i haven't heard back at all from them

ReputationRep:
    If I'm pretty confident I'll get an interview, would booking plane tickets now be a good idea? Would save me lots of money...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasoning)
    Did anyone applying to New College receive an email conformation about the admissions team getting the interview form because I heard that other colleges sent out emails?
    I'm an international applying to New, and I just filled out the form, didn't get a confirmation e-mail.
    It doesn't look like this week will be the week for New law applicants. Maybe next week. I just hope they don't actually make us wait till a week before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bearbert)
    If I'm pretty confident I'll get an interview, would booking plane tickets now be a good idea? Would save me lots of money...
    I think not personally. There's still a chance you may not get an interview and then you've had wasted a lot of money. Whereas if you get an interview and then book plane tickets they'll cost more but it's better than wasting the whole lot if you don't get an interview. It's good that you're confident about getting an interview . I wish I was confident about getting an interview.

(Original post by patricio_miguel)
      After carefully reviewing your application, we regret to inform you...😂
      *gulp*

ReputationRep:
      Is there anyone else that applied to Law with French Law?

ReputationRep:
      Rather silly question but I know that sometimes people don't get into their chosen college, instead they get an offer from another one. Is this possible with allocated colleges ?
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tamara98)
      Rather silly question but I know that sometimes people don't get into their chosen college, instead they get an offer from another one. Is this possible with allocated colleges ?
      Yes. You'll get interviewed at most likely 2 colleges (your allocated one and a random one). If you perform better on the other one, you'll probably receive an offer from them. On the other hand, in a situation where both interviews don't go to plan but you are still a viable candidate, they'll 'pool' you so that other colleges can decide - based on your complete application - whether they will offer you or not.

There's also the case of where you might get an 'open offer' which means your college will be allocated (in your case re-allocated) after results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PollaPulchra197)
      I'm a Oriel Choral Scholarship Law Applicant - has anyone heard back from Oriel yet?? 😂😂 or about the choral scholarship?
      I'm an Oriel History applicant but havent heard anything except confirmation of the reciept of my written work!

ReputationRep:
      Why have some of the biochemistry invitations been sent and no other subjects? Law ones please hate not knowing

ReputationRep:
      Well Biochem has no test or written work so not that much to go through

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Princepieman)
      Yes. You'll get interviewed at most likely 2 colleges (your allocated one and a random one). If you perform better on the other one, you'll probably receive an offer from them. On the other hand, in a situation where both interviews don't go to plan but you are still a viable candidate, they'll 'pool' you so that other colleges can decide - based on your complete application - whether they will offer you or not.

There's also the case of where you might get an 'open offer' which means your college will be allocated (in your case re-allocated) after results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Is this true for applicants who choose a college? I chose Trinity for History and Politics. What are the chances of me being called to interview at another college along with the one I chose?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.