Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    You're not an investment banker or an accountant for PwC, I have no idea why you constantly loathe over these occupations in every sub-forum when you haven't even step foot into the business, let alone university. Once you become an investment banker, work 80-120 hours a week, experience the "magic roundabout" and earn 1/50th of what your bosses earn, let me know.

I know countless graduates who have worked so hard to get into investment banking and are now working equally as hard to get out of it.
    My old boss used to work for JP Morgan, the stories are simply fantastic, but I'm glad I don't work there.

PwC accountancy is dull, that's why everyone leaves as soon as they qualify, and PwC design the intake numbers that way.

Why would we even talk about football in this sub-forum anyway? It's moderator fascism, amirite?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    What makes you guys think Ozil will start tomorrow? No way. We'd be lucky to see him on the bench.

Remember- "Ozil, Mertesacker and Podolski in CONTENTION to be in SQUAD tomorrow" -SSN

Key words there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    What makes you guys think Ozil will start tomorrow? No way. We'd be lucky to see him on the bench.

Remember- "Ozil, Mertesacker and Podolski in CONTENTION to be in SQUAD tomorrow" -SSN

Key words there.
    It's pretty pathetic imo, it's been 6 weeks since the world cup finished. That goes for RVP too not just Arsenal players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Don't know much about JP Morgan (good mate works for them) but apparently a lot of the supervisors are annoying micro-managing *****. According to that mate.

Heard more about Chase tbh, that they really are Nazis and are brutal about even things such as toilet breaks :lol:.
    One of my favourites was during a tube strike, he walked to work in trainers. He walked into the building, changed his shoes in the toilet and went to his desk. He was immediately called into his manager's office and told if he ever did that again he'd be fired.

Another one. In a meeting, a manager told him to make a number of changes to a draft document. He made the changes, went to print off the new document and returned to the manager's office. The manager wasn't there, so he went back to his desk. An e-mail had just arrived informing the whole floor that said manager no longer worked for the company.

Truly brutal.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    It's pretty pathetic imo, it's been 6 weeks since the world cup finished. That goes for RVP too not just Arsenal players.
    Yeah completely agree, that's just lazy. Schurrle (Or however it's spelt) spent the same amount of time at the WC and he's already banging in goals. Same goes for the likes of RVP etc. But that's non of my business.

It's not like our players were the most pivotal in the team anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah completely agree, that's just lazy. Schurrle (Or however it's spelt) spent the same amount of time at the WC and he's already banging in goals. Same goes for the likes of RVP etc. But that's non of my business.

Well Ozil played every game but Mertesacker and Podolski were just on holiday.

ReputationRep:

Given the logic of holding the players back is to prevent injuries in October/November, I would suggest we hold fire on the castigation for a couple of months.

#InShadWeTrust

ReputationRep:

Key words there.

I think it's BS though it's a big game and he should want to play. Schurrle started for Chelsea so why not Ozil
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Well Ozil played every game but Mertesacker and Podolski were just on holiday.
    With the exception of Ozil. That's just proving my point.
    Lol oh my days I'm expecting a thrashing tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    With the exception of Ozil. That's just proving my point.
    Lol oh my days I'm expecting a thrashing tomorrow.
    Yeah I was agreeing with you

Arsenal getting thrashed? I still think you'll scrape a win
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    Given the logic of holding the players back is to prevent injuries in October/November, I would suggest we hold fire on the castigation for a couple of months.

#InShadWeTrust
    Meh. Kings when it comes to injuries!

(Original post by AR_95)
    I think it's BS though it's a big game and he should want to play. Schurrle started for Chelsea so why not Ozil
    Has Ozil even been in training? Arsene says he lacks match fitness.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Kings when it comes to injuries!
    But that's why we've hired Shad! He is the promised land, and will turn Diaby into the T1000.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was agreeing with you

Arsenal getting thrashed? I still think you'll scrape a win
    Going to Goodison is the away game I dread the most in a season tbh.
    Haha hopefully
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    But that's why we've hired Shad! He is the promised land, and will turn Diaby into the T1000.
    That would be a miracle won't it.

ReputationRep:
    Haha hopefully
    Stamford Bridge or the Etihad surely?

ReputationRep:
    Haha hopefully
    Anfield...

ReputationRep:
    That would be a miracle won't it.
    I'm not sure God has the power for it.

But Shad, he's something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    One of my favourites was during a tube strike, he walked to work in trainers. He walked into the building, changed his shoes in the toilet and went to his desk. He was immediately called into his manager's office and told if he ever did that again he'd be fired.
    Do they think they are the military or something?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Stamford Bridge or the Etihad surely?
    Nah not really. Srs.

Didn't toot your own horn by saying Old Trafford :lol:

(Original post by Loat)
    I'm not sure God has the power for it.

But Shad, he's something else.
    Ahh don't make me get all religious now. No one is above God

Lol why is Shad something else? Herbal remedies?

(Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Anfield...
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Do they think they are the military or something?
    It's an American thing...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.