The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Thanks guys. Myhill's done but I don't have enough for Morgan. (0.1 short...) Maybe Was? I don't know if he still plays that often.
Original post by ArsenalWenger
You have Ibe coming on who is starting tonight :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I forgot I even owned him. He's been injured on my bench for like 2 months.
Bolasie 2nd on my bench but he's scraped on due to Remy's injury yesterday and Clyne being rested. So, so lucky.
36 points of the leader. Activated my wildcard. Pretty easy to work around the blank and double. Just bench the Liverpool players and you have the 3 Chelsea players starting this game week. Hull and Leicester probably won't be worth it for the double.

Posted from TSR Mobile
36 points of the leader. Activated my wildcard. Pretty easy to work around the blank and double. Just bench the Liverpool players and you have the 3 Chelsea players starting this game week. Hull and Leicester probably won't be worth it for the double.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's my thinking.

Anybody without 3 Chelsea players will be a disadvantage, but I can quite easily see Hull/Leicester transfers being a waste, even for double games.

There are no reliable attacking players for either side, and neither is likely to keep a clean sheet anyway.
Probably gonna go hazard fab and ivanovic for the Chelsea dgw and get rid of silva and eriksen bringing in sterling as Liverpool cover.
Original post by Lúcio
That's my thinking.

Anybody without 3 Chelsea players will be a disadvantage, but I can quite easily see Hull/Leicester transfers being a waste, even for double games.

There are no reliable attacking players for either side, and neither is likely to keep a clean sheet anyway.

Which 3 Liverpool players would you reckon are best for the double. Currently on mig Henderson and sterling. Coutinho is tempting me though cos surely Henderson can't keep up this form :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ..DT..
Probably gonna go hazard fab and ivanovic for the Chelsea dgw and get rid of silva and eriksen bringing in sterling as Liverpool cover.

Have hazard and Terry. Torn between ivanovic and Fabregas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have hazard and Terry. Torn between ivanovic and Fabregas

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a tough one. I'm a bit concerned about going with 3 Chelsea and Haz captain because without a lead striker I kind of see them sitting in and lumping it to Drogba and winning 1-0 twice. Liverpool have way better fixtures and more reason to go after big wins, but I just don't trust them. In retrospect I'm thinking about sticking with Haz and ivanovic and getting coutinho and sterling with my 2 fts
Which 3 Liverpool players would you reckon are best for the double. Currently on mig Henderson and sterling. Coutinho is tempting me though cos surely Henderson can't keep up this form :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well you must consider that henderson takes penalties and his assists are not form; they're quality.
he doesn't usually score goals from open play, but his ability to assist is tremendous and i wouldn't put it all down to form at all.

sterling is a must have imo - he's a pretty poor finisher but he gets in the rights positions.
not to mention how sturridge is injured again (i think) and rodgers prefers raheem over any of our other strikers.
adding in how he'll get 5 points per goal and it's a no brainer.

as for the third player, you've either gotta go with a defender or coutinho.
i had sakho which was working well until he got injured (i dropped him for united and arsenal games though), although mignolet would also be a good option.
Original post by ..DT..
It's a tough one. I'm a bit concerned about going with 3 Chelsea and Haz captain because without a lead striker I kind of see them sitting in and lumping it to Drogba and winning 1-0 twice. Liverpool have way better fixtures and more reason to go after big wins, but I just don't trust them. In retrospect I'm thinking about sticking with Haz and ivanovic and getting coutinho and sterling with my 2 fts

i agree - mourinho doesn't care about scoring goals, he cares about grinding out the points he needs to win the title.

i have hazard and terry with zouma as back up.
i don't feel like anybody else bar ivanovic is worth getting.

liverpool are unpredictable and we have trouble finishing off chances.
i'd say sterling is definitely worth having though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was on WC I'd go Skrtel Hendo Sterling

Posted from TSR Mobile
why does so many struggle to believe Henderson will keep up his form. he's on free kicks, corners, penalties and plays a big attacking role in the team with clear instructions to get more goals.

it no rocket science
Original post by mr tim
https://twitter.com/sammatterface/status/587208054585827329

Remy got injured, think Gomis was a better one between the two then, although he too got injured.

Shame I took out Aguero.. Although it did let me bring in Fabregas who did well so probably about even.
Gone lazy an opted for Murray to replace Gomis.

Going into the GW with only 10 players though since Sturridge is injured.
Original post by Zerforax

I'm the same - 10 players this week but my next GW will certainly make up for it :tongue:

Really hope Kane as captain pays off.
Newcastle are just so bad that it seemed like the obvious choice....didn't it?
Original post by Zerforax

Even if Sturridge plays tomorrow I'm going to take him out, he's hardly going to play both games in the DGW is he? Have far too much money tied up in him for little return.

Aguero or Silva is the obvious choice for me. Can see City thrashing West Ham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Even if Sturridge plays tomorrow I'm going to take him out, he's hardly going to play both games in the DGW is he? Have far too much money tied up in him for little return.

Aguero or Silva is the obvious choice for me. Can see City thrashing West Ham

Posted from TSR Mobile

He isn't worth it - I took him out a few weeks ago.

I lost faith in Aguero and he scored 2 last week.
Normally I'd return and place him as captain but I'm not sure you understand just how poor Newcastle are :tongue:

Granted West Ham have definitely dropped their game, but we didn't even play that well last week and we should've still beaten Newcastle by 5 or 6 goals.
Original post by Lúcio
He isn't worth it - I took him out a few weeks ago.

I lost faith in Aguero and he scored 2 last week.
Normally I'd return and place him as captain but I'm not sure you understand just how poor Newcastle are :tongue:

Granted West Ham have definitely dropped their game, but we didn't even play that well last week and we should've still beaten Newcastle by 5 or 6 goals.

Newcastle are terrible and won't pick up another point this season.

I have two Spurs players so a 5-0 win wouldn't be too bad :h: I may have to bench Kane next week...
Murray in for Giroud is a bit of a punt, but with Chelsea next week for Arsenal can't see Giroud doing much/anything for that GW too.

To prepare for their double GW soon, I'll probably get him back in and get another Arsenal mid, as I have got rid of Ozil too over similar logic.

Henderson and Skrtel for a 4 point hit next week I think.

Colo is back for Newcastle, so expect their defence to at least improve. They are still dire though, but Spurs haven't scored in two games.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest