Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think one thing that we can all agree on is that Arsenal fan TV should be stopped immediately and Claude, Moh, Bully and Ty should all be given banning orders.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf to the fans, the frustration and toy throwing isn't really to do with this game. Its years and years in the making, and this game is just a dose of in season reality that is reigniting those fears. All the top sides lose games they shouldn't, it just happens that its come in your first game of the season.

Had United lost or if Chelsea lose against City you'll see similar panic in their fanbase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    I understand we can seem fickle but come on man, we should be at least showing a good performance. We are not anywhere near as bad as the likes of Real Madrid fans but come on, we at least expect the players to be getting the basics right. Thing is, I don't even think it's Arsene's doing, the players need to look at themselves.
    It's poor defensive/keeper coaching too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    No but players like Ox and Giroud who should not be starting for us **** sake

Ox dispossessed leading to a goal conceded. Have people forgotten Monaco? Guy will end up at Crystal palace sooner or later
    I do agree with Giroud but not the Ox.

Like I've said in the past, Giroud is a good striker if you want to get in the top 4, but nothing else. Won't ever fire us to a league title sadly, so we need better.

Haven't forgotten Monaco, you surely witnessed my meltdown!

Don't have an issue with the Ox out wide but he can piss off if he wants to play centrally. His ball retention is shocking and to be a CM, especially at Arsenal, you need to keep hold of the ball.

Plus we'd lose his attacking threat outside, because we seems to be the only wideman we have who will actually hug the touchline and not cut in every chance he gets.

I don't think this result will make Arsene realise how badly we need a ST and go out and get one, because he knows, just needs to pull through now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    I do agree with Giroud but not the Ox.

Like I've said in the past, Giroud is a good striker if you want to get in the top 4, but nothing else. Won't ever fire us to a league title sadly, so we need better.

Haven't forgotten Monaco, you surely witnessed my meltdown!

Don't have an issue with the Ox out wide but he can piss off if he wants to play centrally. His ball retention is shocking and to be a CM, especially at Arsenal, you need to keep hold of the ball.

Plus we'd lose his attacking threat outside, because we seems to be the only wideman we have who will actually hug the touchline and not cut in every chance he gets.

I don't think this result will make Arsene realise how badly we need a ST and go out and get one, because he knows, just needs to pull through now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cech will sort himself out. But the Giroud situation needs addressing. The guy is not good enough and I don't care if I seem like a bad fan for saying that, he is a second rate striker who should play second fiddle.

ReputationRep:
    ArsenalfanTV needs to learn from Adam McKola

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    ArsenalfanTV needs to learn from Adam McKola
    They need to learn from Al Qaeda and blow themselves up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It's poor defensive/keeper coaching too
    Our best GK has gone and now Cech is being coached by an utter moron.

First goal was more down to Monreal/defensive line. 2nd was a collection of errors, Coq not closing down initially, Chambo getting the ball the giving it away and Cech doing his best Ospina impression.

Changes for Palace?

Bellerin will surely be back in after the horror show from Debuchy.

One of Ramsey and Cazorla have to come out, we cannot persist with both playing, ruins our shape.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Cech will sort himself out. But the Giroud situation needs addressing. The guy is not good enough and I don't care if I seem like a bad fan for saying that, he is a second rate striker who should play second fiddle.
    You don't seem like a bad fan. The majority would agree with you that we need better up top.

Arsene knows this, that's why he went after Higuain, Suarez and now is currently pursuing Benzema.

If the windows shuts and we are still stuck with the Handsome Frenchman leading the line, it will be 3rd place at best again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey can piss off with his messiah complex. He needs to stop putting himself above the team. If he's playing a cm role he should ****ing play the cm role and not try to play as a cf.

Why is Coq trying to ping balls in? and why is he also going walkabouts? Is it wenger telling him to?

We should just take a punt on Illaramendi from Real. A player who can help keep possesion, defend and tacke and also ping balls with accuracy.

If we're gonna play Ramsey-Ozil-Cazorla then dont play Giroud up top ffs the midfield gets to congested. Ox kept dropping deep as well and central. He should have stayed out wide. We had no width. Walcott needs to start next match ahead of Giroud. Ramsey needs to be dropped as well.

ReputationRep:
    Cannot seriously entertain the idea your goalkeeping coach had anything to do with today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Our best GK has gone and now Cech is being coached by an utter moron.

First goal was more down to Monreal/defensive line. 2nd was a collection of errors, Coq not closing down initially, Chambo getting the ball the giving it away and Cech doing his best Ospina impression.

Changes for Palace?

Bellerin will surely be back in after the horror show from Debuchy.

One of Ramsey and Cazorla have to come out, we cannot persist with both playing, ruins our shape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ramsey has shown nothing to deserve a place in the starting 11 for a while now. Constant bad decisions and giving the ball away.

We've just given Theo a huge new contract so he should be starting wide right imo, at the very least while Alexis is regaining fitness, and even beyond that we should probably be playing Alexis, Ozil and Walcott in some way or another across the front 3 behind the striker.

Besides Giroud highlighting his averageness again, Coquelin also showed today why he can't be our 1st choice DM for a whole season if we have aspirations of challenging for the title. We need a top DM with coquelin as a good backup/rotation. DM and Striker are basically the exact same situation for us really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Cannot seriously entertain the idea your goalkeeping coach had anything to do with today.
    Common sense prevails

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey is one of the biggest frauds going tbh

Only reason he gets away with it is because Jack is never fit enough to dislodge him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Was very Payton-esque though.

Both Szczesny and Fabianski refused to train with him because he was that bad. What Cech did today has been seen by Arsenal GKs in the past.

Could have been nerves though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Arsenal fans were saying Cech was worth how many points?

Delayed reaction but was waiting for Liverpool not to be embarrassed by Stoke first
    I'm not sure why you guys are surprised. Towards the end of his chelsea career he was prone to mistakes. Ospina is on par with cech if not better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drewBusby)
    I'm not sure why you guys are surprised. Towards the end of his chelsea career he was prone to mistakes. Ospina is on par with cech if not better.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Arsene kept the team in the dressing room for 45 minutes, after the game.

**** performance, need a big reaction at Palace, onto the next one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drewBusby)
    Now you know this is a lie. Ospina, is GARBAGE, one of the worst GKs I have even seen at Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.