The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone here do AQA further maths FP2, FP3 or FP4? Any grade boundary predictions for those units?
Original post by target21859
My friend has an offer for natural sciences at Cambridge but his offer is AAAA. No A*s lol

Lol lucky him. And he gets to go to the same college as Nick Clegg :wink:
Original post by Qcomber
Did anyone here do AQA further maths FP2, FP3 or FP4? Any grade boundary predictions for those units?

I did FP2 and 3 but not 4.
Hopefully FP3 is the lowest ever but idk about FP2, what do you think? Better or worse than last year?
Oh God. Edexcel please be nice! :colonhash::cry2:
Original post by Aph
Ahhh okay, I wonder what else they have to do :s-smilie:

I'm sure if you met your insurance grades Nottingham will accept you because it's only a one grade miss :smile:

I think I've even got a chance of getting equivalent grades but they told me they don't accept equivalent grades and you must meet your offer so idk :frown: I'm not feeling very hopeful
Original post by kingofacademics
Ok I think I might know a way to find out if you got into your firm.

Because I got my accomodation sorted within the past few days, I just rang up my uni and pretended I didn't get an accomodation confirmation and asked whether they could confirm it for me. They checked my status and were able to tell me that I had confirmed accomodation. I know it's not definite, but if my accomodation is confirmed and they've got our resukts, they would have, by now, taken accomodation off those who didn't meet the requirement and they weren't accepting, right?

Hahaha oh my gosh you might have cracked the code :smile: I'm guessing you probably got in like aha
Original post by JME_CHG
I did FP2 and 3 but not 4.
Hopefully FP3 is the lowest ever but idk about FP2, what do you think? Better or worse than last year?

FP3 I reckon 60 A and 66 A*. I thought FP2 was worse than last year, although most people seem to think differently.
Original post by yoli1998
I was looking into SOAS for clearing. For what course are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Law!!!!!
Am I the only one on here who hasn't watched ANY of this year's olympics yet?
Basically my uni place rests on my sociology grade.
Original post by chemstudent314
I can't deal with the wait:frown: Did anyone else here do WJEC?

Yep for chemistry, biology and maths. What subjects did you do?
Original post by Qcomber
FP3 I reckon 60 A and 66 A*. I thought FP2 was worse than last year, although most people seem to think differently.

Me after reading your FP3 prediction...
image.jpeg
(I'm going to need a miracle)

And I'm hoping FP2 is lower than last year too
Original post by PQ
UCAS are clear that a university must not reject an applicant who has met their conditions.

That means that an Insurance can only let someone who has met their offer go into clearing AFTER their firm choice rejects them (a release into clearing can only happen if an applicant is UF with a university).

It *can* take days - in your case where you previously applied to York as one of your choices you're in a better position than otherwise.

IF you miss your firm grades
and
IF your firm reject you
and
IF your insurance either haven't decided or have you as UF on results day

(ie IF you end up committed to Manchester on results day) then once you have your results ring York and explain that you're waiting to be placed into Clearing - because you applied previously they'll be able to see your application and grades and might be able to offer some reassurance that they can hold a place.

In the mean time email Manchester's admissions department and reiterate to them ("following my phone call on Monday 15 August...":wink: that you no longer wish to take up a place with them and ask that IF you are rejected by notts then you would like Manchester to place you into Clearing ASAP (and preferably by 8am on Thursday 18th). That way even if it hasn't happened first thing on the 18th then you've sent written instructions explaining your decision.

The big problem is that one of UCAS key "Principles of admissions" is
"10. A provider must not approach an applicant who is holding a firm or an insurance place at a provider (other than their own)."

At the moment you're asking Manchester (at the busiest time of year) to go out of their way to help you out - when as far as their concerned they might be able to see that you've met your firm offer or been accepted with dropped grades. A LOT of universities don't look at insurance applicants until Tuesday/Wednesday - because otherwise they're doing far more work than needed confirming places for students who are accepted at their firm choice.

If anyone taking AS is reading this PLEASE don't wait this late to change your mind. Swapping/changing firm and insurance choices is EASY in July and a pain in August.

Thank you so much for the really long and detailed response. I will email the department asking them to release me into clearing if my firm rejects me so I can hopefully use clearing, and if not I guess a gap year could be on the cards
I might ring up and ask how long it takes them to release me as well .

Thanks so much and yes I should've sorted this earlier but I didn't anticipate changing my mind this late in the game :/
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Yep for chemistry, biology and maths. What subjects did you do?

Did you find Wjec Biology really hard this year?
Guys I achieved at gcse level: 2a*6a2b, and I've just completed year 12. I am really hoping for all A's so I can be predicted a couple of A*s at A-level.
Do you think its worth applying to Cambridge? I want to study Chemical Engineering.
Original post by kingofacademics
Ok I think I might know a way to find out if you got into your firm.

Because I got my accomodation sorted within the past few days, I just rang up my uni and pretended I didn't get an accomodation confirmation and asked whether they could confirm it for me. They checked my status and were able to tell me that I had confirmed accomodation. I know it's not definite, but if my accomodation is confirmed and they've got our resukts, they would have, by now, taken accomodation off those who didn't meet the requirement and they weren't accepting, right?

Anyone else tried this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
Law!!!!!

Ah I see, I was looking at studies of religion and social anthropology. Its requirements I think are AAB as well. But are they likely to lower grade requirements if they are in clearing?
Original post by OGFakiie
Guys I achieved at gcse level: 2a*6a2b, and I've just completed year 12. I am really hoping for all A's so I can be predicted a couple of A*s at A-level.
Do you think its worth applying to Cambridge? I want to study Chemical Engineering.

A-Levels is a lot harder than GCSE keep that in mind before aiming for A's, you need to be prepared to do a lot more hard work.
my heart sinks to my stomach whenever I remember my c4 paper
Hey guys, I was wondering about one thing, if my offer is AAB and for example I get A*BB do you think I would still be accepted if the A* is in a subject that is totally irrelevant to the course(A* will be in Spanish definitely and the course I applied to is computer science)?

PS. Would the university also consider the fact that I did 4 A2 levels rather than 3?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest