Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    been to party?
    yup. was my sisters fiancés sons birthday. so we put the kids bed and got wrecked

(Original post by dh00001)
    yup. was my sisters fiancés sons birthday. so we put the kids bed and got wrecked
    sounds good! Its nice to see family together.

ReputationRep:
    so you don't like football?

I am not a massive fan, but ocassioanly liket he odd game.
    I hate football. it's boring as hell. Playing it isn't, watching is. except for the world cup. That's watchable.

sounds good! Its nice to see family together.
    it was. only bad thing was i got given a baby to look after for like half an hour. i didnt know what the **** i was meant to do with it!
    toddlers yes, babys ;no;

(Original post by olileauk)
    I hate football. it's boring as hell. Playing it isn't, watching is. except for the world cup. That's watchable.
    Yeah - its rubbish unless it is major.
    high-five

it was. only bad thing was i got given a baby to look after for like half an hour. i didnt know what the **** i was meant to do with it!
    toddlers yes, babys ;no;
    ahh
    hold it, smile to it, and if it cries just block out the world.

ahh
    hold it, smile to it, and if it cries just block out the world.
    or do as i do; give it back :p:

ReputationRep:

:rofl:

THAT IS AWESOME.

quality. absolutely quality decision.

ah did you not even hold him? smile at him?

ah did you not even hold him? smile at him?
    yea, i had him for 20 mins before he started screaming. i tried but then gave up :P:

yea, i had him for 20 mins before he started screaming. i tried but then gave up :P:
    those wine corks would come in handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olileauk)
    :ditto:

and the euro cup is okay, but only if england are in it. unlike this years one ;dry;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)
    :ditto:

and the euro cup is okay, but only if england are in it. unlike this years one ;dry;
    :hahaha:
    Actually, it's better that England aren't in it. Watch some TV - Euro 2008 is just three weeks away and you wouldn't have a clue. Any year England qualify, there are adverts galore for a couple of months saying "Buy this product, get this crappy cheap gift and show your support for England to go all the way". It's annoying as hell, and adverts become even worse than all the ones for loans companies, life insurance companies and so on all put together...and they're on EVERY channel, which makes TV nigh-on-unwatchable.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the reason why my support for england is wavering! i'm fed up with the media constantly drumming in to my mind how england are hard done by, and that we are world cup winners, and if one player makes one little mistake he is crucified!

I'm fed up of being told if you don't support england religeously then i'm a rugby fan!!!!

it get's on my tit's royally!

Thats why i'd rather supports scotland or Northern ireland as home nations!

And i'm supporting germany in this years euros!

euros? what that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    something that germany is going to win

I should support Croatioa actually because Nico Kranjcar

i was going to go as well

ReputationRep:
    world cup? only 2 years away

aye
    missed the last world cup and euros before because of exams. had to sell my tickets. then this year the ***** didnt get in :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pseudomuse)
    and that we are world cup winners
    Oh God, that drives anyone outside England nuts. Every time a commentator dares mention 1966 on national TV, he is basically putting himself well on the way to assisted suicide :p:
    Fact is, 1966 was 42 years ago and England haven't won jack**** since, and in a possible 21 tournaments since then, they've NEVER made it to a final, and have actually failed to qualify for seven tournaments. Even when they DO qualify, England tend to get to the quarters and then struggle, which just highlights that they're somewhere round about 8th-16th in the world, so their FIFA world ranking of 11th is quite adequate even if some people would be ashamed to think that the team is no longer in the top 10 in the world.

Mind you, watching a game between England and Germany was once quite amusing for me. England went ahead, and the commentator was going on about 1966 at every opportunity. Germany levelled up, and his enthusiasm died away a bit; he'd still bring up 1966 every few minutes but not as much as he had been before. Germany took the lead, and he shut the **** up at last about 1966 :rofl:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.