Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the fobby arsenal fans that comment on the Metro and Goal.com :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I would love to see luis gustavo he's been replaced by martinez and deserves better also he would be an amazing addition. What do you guys think? I can't wait for higuain, personally I don't seem to convinced on williams, torres or rooney. I think higuain is enough in the strike department we've got podolski and giroud. I can't wait for julio cesar and J think we should give vermaelen a break he is our captain after all. And I know I've said bad of hi , but nonetheless he's a beast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dahir123)
    I would love to see luis gustavo he's been replaced by martinez and deserves better also he would be an amazing addition. What do you guys think? I can't wait for higuain, personally I don't seem to convinced on williams, torres or rooney. I think higuain is enough in the strike department we've got podolski and giroud. I can't wait for julio cesar and J think we should give vermaelen a break he is our captain after all. And I know I've said bad of hi , but nonetheless he's a beast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah he looks good player - reminds me of Gilbert and how we could do with a player like him. It seems Tottenham are getting a very decent player in Paulinho. Both are very simple but effective.

A midfield trio of Luis Gustavo, Wilshere and Fabregas would just be too much. Imagine that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    I'm actually crying like a baby
    That was just so beautiful..
    Thierry henry scoring and hugging wenger actually made me cry :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Arseblog saying according to the German press we've had 2 bids for Lars Bender rejected.... I know it's a rejection, but the show of intent makes me happy ... Problem now is everyone knows we're loaded.

Edit: also hearing news we actually enquired about Rooney, again, regardless of whether that's a good idea, nice to heat we're really going for it in this window

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Yeah he looks good player - reminds me of Gilbert and how we could do with a player like him. It seems Tottenham are getting a very decent player in Paulinho. Both are very simple but effective.

A midfield trio of Luis Gustavo, Wilshere and Fabregas would just be too much. Imagine that.
    To be fair he's in a treble winning Bayern side and had plenty of playing time last year. I wouldn't see why he would want to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Thierry henry scoring and hugging wenger actually made me cry :lol:
    to be honest that whole bit with Henry is just so emotional, it's the bit that got me as well. the fact that he scored such a classic 'Henry' goal with the same composure he always had, the look on his face and the fact he ran half the length of the pitch to hug Wenger. I know it's pretty bad we haven't won a trophy in 8 years but that video just shows you the incredible (and conversely, heartbreaking) memories there's been in those 8 years. Arshavins goal v Barca for example, I still remember going absolutely crazy at that. Looking through that video I honestly think Arsenal fans have really taken for granted the amazing calibre of players we've had since '05 because the lack of trophies has overshadowed that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BallonD'or)
    To be fair he's in a treble winning Bayern side and had plenty of playing time last year. I wouldn't see why he would want to leave.
    Higuain had enough playing time this season for one of the best teams in the world and he wants to leave :shrugs:

Rooney plays lots (admittedly out of his preferred position) for one of the best teams in the world and he wants to leave.

Some players just want to be a guaranteed starter every week, a star or a legend for a club even, not just a forgotten player used sparingly against mediocre league sides every so often.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=A midfield trio of Luis Gustavo, Wilshere and Fabregas would just be too much. Imagine that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Wilshere and Fabregas would work, they would get in each other's ways. Gustavo would be mad though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner4L1fe)
    I don't think Wilshere and Fabregas would work, they would get in each other's ways. Gustavo would be mad though.
    See 2010-11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    See 2010-11
    Wilshere played a much deeper role in those days, if they played now, their best position would be behind the striker, and God knows where that would leave Cazorla

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere played a much deeper role in those days, if they played now, their best position would be behind the striker, and God knows where that would leave Cazorla
    New striker
    cazorla-fabregas-walcott
    wilshere-new dm

ReputationRep:
    New striker
    cazorla-fabregas-walcott
    wilshere-new dm

Yes you have fitted them in their somehow but we are talking about the efficacy of the system. We are much better balanced with Podolski on the left and you have ousted probably the bedrock of our midfield - Arteta. I recall Fabregas' exceptional performance against Italy in the Euros where he played false 9, without a striker, so maybe that would work.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you have fitted them in their somehow but we are talking about the efficacy of the system. We are much better balanced with Podolski on the left and you have ousted probably the bedrock of our midfield - Arteta. I recall Fabregas' exceptional performance against Italy in the Euros where he played false 9, without a striker, so maybe that would work.
    No we have played much better with two creative midfielders - Cazorla and Rosicky. Arteta is probably going to be phased out next year anyway. Fabregas as a false nine could work I guess

Cazorla Fabregas Walcott
    Wilshere Ramsey
    New Dm

looks pretty good

ReputationRep:
    No we have played much better with two creative midfielders - Cazorla and Rosicky. Arteta is probably going to be phased out next year anyway. Fabregas as a false nine could work I guess

Cazorla Fabregas Walcott
    Wilshere Ramsey
    New Dm

looks pretty good
    C'mon man, what about Poldi???

Who's hating on Lukas?

ReputationRep:
    C'mon man, what about Poldi???

He can come on as a sub

ReputationRep:
    4.5m for Bendtner?? Frankfurt have got themselves a bargain, wouldnt surprise me if he managed 15 Bundesliga goals next season. He's a better player than Carroll imo.

ReputationRep:
    Where are the Fabregas rumours coming from? I won't believe anything until I see a photo of him at an airport that looks like it could be Heathrow.

ReputationRep:
    ITS ON ARSENAL DOT COM

yes first signing\fdkjbwe ck5u426574q crwkjef,nlskd

ahhhhh

aaaahahhhahqwlid hy98OI3CY 1OR3IQEJHJKDFGDKSJFGSDKJF

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ogo-joins-club

ReputationRep:
    Our first signing! :yay:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.