Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStarz)
    Is there a group for King's medics 2014 or do you just join the freshers group? If so which group are people mainly joining?
    I would like to know too

ReputationRep:
    Join both!

ReputationRep:
    I have a standard ensuite at Champion Hill, very close to the Denmark Hill campus, anyone willing to swap with me for SSA, GDA or Juliam Markham? My only criticism with Champion Hill is that it's better for medicine, dentistry or nursing students, anything in that area

ReputationRep:
    for medicine is freshers 2 week? or is it just 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there a group for nursing? or does anyone know if someone has a place for nursing at kings? I don't know anyone and i'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    My stats are
    690 SJT band 1
    3A* prediction, 4As and 9 and a half A* GCSEs (only GCSEs taken)
    basically do I stand a chance or is it too ukcat heavy? The ukcat was apparently harder this year than last year so not sure how will affect averages
    I think my UKCAT is too low for my GCSEs to make up for it here
    did anyone get an interview with similar stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Δεφιαντ1)
    The last big party is freshers ball, on the 29th, so 2 weeks.
    TWO WEEKS?! Woohoo! Sounds good!

Also not sure if this has been said already but when does our course start exactly? Track says 1st sept so I was getting a bit worried!

ReputationRep:
    How can teaching start 22 but freshers ball be on 29?

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else on here not paying uni fees via student finance? if so, what letter do we bring with us when we enrol to prove how we are paying?

also, on a completely different note, what should i take to uni if i'm commuting? (e.g. is a laptop/tablet necessary?)

oh and for med students, do we get told whether we need any vaccinations before starting?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I thought I'd make a thread for all the kcl medics starting this September!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2815987

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! i didn't get accomodation.
    I'm a female non-drinker (health reasons) and not heavily into partying or clubbing.
    Wondering if anyone similar to me has any vacancies for flat sharing? Preferably walking distance to Guys campus. please pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaurPrincess)
    oh and for med students, do we get told whether we need any vaccinations before starting?
    Everyone has a (compulsory) occupational health check within the first year, during which you get any vaccinations that you need.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I have an ensuite at Champion Hill, which is so close to Denmark Hill so great for medics! I would love to swap with anyone who has any Intercollegiate Hall/Moonraker/GDS.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I'm a 3rd year KCL medic selling some of my MBBS year 1&2 textbooks:

1) Vander's human physiology 12th edition £24
    2) Molecular cell biology 6th edition £15
    3) Mcminn's clinical atlas of human anatomy 6th edition £13
    4) Rang and dales's Pharmacology 7th edition £25
    5) Wheater's functional histology 5th edition £15

BOOKS ARE USED BUT IN MINT CONDITION. Feel free to message me for more details. Selling them way cheaper than other new and used versions.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'd love to apply to Kings, but I'm not sure if i'll get an interview. I'm not really sure how they select for interview - like how do they weigh everything? Cause even though I meet the minimum requirements, my GCSEs are 4A*s, 4As, 2Bs (in english). I got 4As at AS and am predicted 3As for next year too. My ukcat's 2810 and sjt1. I have done loads of work experience and got lots of extra curricular too, and a really strong personal statement, but i dont know about weightings? Thank youu!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for the
    Extended Medical Degree Programme?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got BBCD, for maths and all sciences. I am applying for extended medical degree programme, is that a right decision? I am failing everything. I got a ukcat score of 440. I got an offer for biomedical science. But I want to get into foundation medicine. How likely is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s100ia)
    Anyone applying for the
    Extended Medical Degree Programme?
    Yeah. I am, what's ur AS level grades and UKCAT score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza3256)
    Yeah. I am, what's ur AS level grades and UKCAT score?
    Cool
    aabb and predicted A*AB
    UKCAT was in the low 600's
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s100ia)
    Cool
    aabb and predicted A*AB
    UKCAT was in the low 600's
    What about you?
    Now I realise that there is a lot of competition. Man I got way lower than you.
    I got BBCD and predicted ABB. Ukcat was 440. I am resitting some modules. I can never get into it man.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.