Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sheffield Wednesday v Derby tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Sheffield Wednesday v Derby tomorrow.
    Live on Sky tomorrow too. Should be a cracker.

Do you go to the UoS? You seem to have an affinity for the owls but iirc you're a Villan?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Live on Sky tomorrow too. Should be a cracker.

Do you go to the UoS? You seem to have an affinity for the owls but iirc you're a Villan?
    I got a mate whose a big Wednesday fan and we go to the games sometimes, especially where I worked it's only an hour away.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Also, a pub was on fire during the game between Northampton and Northwich Victoria

That's a great picture. Such a shame Northwich couldn't hold on, really. Intrigued to see some of the ties that the third round throws up, though. Salford and United, or another North-West club (Wigan, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Man City) could be really enjoyable.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sheffield Wednesday's Glen Loovens was late out for the second half because he was on the loo, like the irony there.

1000 FC United fans at Stockport today

I'm in this photo.

Fantastic to finally see a win as I'm about to fly to Australia for 2 months and hadn't managed to see FC win for six months. I keep missing the rare home wins this season but an away win at Stockport to lift us out of the relegation zone is perfect.

Dean Smith won his opening game as Brentford boss as well so all in all a great weekend for football. Made even better by Chelsea's performance.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Millwall lost 2-1 yesterday, we were at home too. Such a shame
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some great goals in the football league and FA Cup, and my favourite was that effort from Grant which curled in during Doncaster's victory today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I'm in this photo.

Fantastic to finally see a win as I'm about to fly to Australia for 2 months and hadn't managed to see FC win for six months. I keep missing the rare home wins this season but an away win at Stockport to lift us out of the relegation zone is perfect.

Dean Smith won his opening game as Brentford boss as well so all in all a great weekend for football. Made even better by Chelsea's performance.
    Yeah Viva Emptiness is still sulking about the Chelsea game.

Gonna be jumping on the non league scene soon myself as my unit in the new year is near Lincoln City's ground. Only £16 a ticket is incredible.

Yeah Viva Emptiness is still sulking about the Chelsea game.

Gonna be jumping on the non league scene soon myself as my unit in the new year is near Lincoln City's ground. Only £16 a ticket is incredible.
    £16 a ticket is the kind of price we boycott at FC. £9 for home games and anything above £15 the boycotts begin. Most away games are between ten and twelve quid.

Better than Leeds prices though! Enjoy it.

I'm sort of gutted I'm not privy to the @Viva Emptiness take on this season.

edit: how the **** do you tag people

ReputationRep:
    Who do we want in the third round draw ? Bradford we want leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We want Chelsea, reckon we could have them.

As well as wanting Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    We want Chelsea, reckon we could have them.

As well as wanting Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc.
    I'd happily take a trip to Elland Road. It's been a while.

I'm just hoping for a decent tie for Liverpool. Lower league clubs are always potential banana skins, but I enjoy seeing us play at new grounds. One of my favourite cup ties was that 5-3 at Luton Town, which I went to. Great game, and even though I sat in the home end, it was great entertainment and the Hatters ran us really close.

ReputationRep:
    Give me the Mancs any day. With home advantage and a big crowd, I'd back us against both them and Chelsea.

Also, £15 for a non-league game sounds criminal.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Give me the Mancs any day. With home advantage and a big crowd, I'd back us against both them and Chelsea.

Also, £15 for a non-league game sounds criminal.
    With Sheff Wed charging almost £50 for some home tickets, it's to be expected.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a 'meh' draw. At least Rotherham get another cup final to play this season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You imagine Eastleigh could upset Bolton at their place. A really good draw for the non-League side, and I think that could be the "giant killing"/shock of the third round.

ReputationRep:
    Brian McDermott looks set to take over as the new Reading boss. Wish him all the best, was classy to the end in his spell at Leeds.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Absolute fair play to Preston, who are allowing Carlisle to play their next home game at Deepdale. Really good to see that type of camaraderie in the game. It's a heck of a trip for the Cumbrians (80+ miles), but a nice gesture from North End.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.