I didn't even know this existed! Thanks for letting meh know
    See I told you,
    Embrace your Heart out Man.
    I'm the BEST!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    Djokotards are losing their **** on tennisforums. It's just one loss ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk1324)
    Why do tsr Fed muppets hate Murray so much? lol
    Don't hate him but just think he is insipid both on the court and off it.

I also haven't forgotten some public comments that he made in the past; for example, when he declared Nadal as GOAT and when he tweeted support for Scottish independence a day before the referendum.

The massively Murray-centric Wimbledon coverage every year by the BBC doesn't help things either.

ReputationRep:
    Federer's draw is definitely harder than Murray's could easily see him getting knocked out by either Nishikori or Raonic before the semis. Federer's serve is as good as ever but his ground game isn't as sharp as it was this time last year. Might end up with a repeat of the Queen's final if Federer doesn't find his ground game soon but his experience might see him to the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk1324)
    Why do tsr Fed muppets hate Murray so much? lol
    I don't like Murray because of his style of play. I'm not really a fan of pushing and waiting for errors tennis. Another reason is his on court behaviour which is that of a 10 year old. But the biggest reason for me disliking Murray is the overyhype he gets from the British media. They just can't stop kissing his arse. I don't like how he lumped together with Federer, Nadal & Djokovic. There is no big 4. Only the big 3. Murray is nowhere near close enough to their achievements so I don't like how the british media act like he is on their level. He is a good player in his own right but he only has 2 slams while Fedalovic has 10+ majors each so to lump him with those 3 is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Isner v Tsonga has gone to five sets, 16-15 Isner. Surely he's not trying to outdo himself here?!

Nope, Tsonga has won it 19-17

ReputationRep:
    **** off Kyrgios.

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro went out.

Murray gets Kyrigos today, Tomic in the QF then an easy semi.

Federer has Nikishori and Raonic in the QF and SF i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Del Potro went out.

Murray gets Kyrigos today, Tomic in the QF then an easy semi.

Federer has Nikishori and Raonic in the QF and SF i think.
    With Nishikori out and Raonic down 2 sets Federer's draw could really open up. But saying that if Cilic can channel his US Open 2014 form who knows what will happen

ReputationRep:
    Murray now with a clean run to the final, Raonic survived so fed has a moderately difficult semi.

Fed for grand slam number 18.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Kyrgios playing computer games rather than preparing for Murray. What a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, Federer looked really sharp today, best I've seen him play for a while and he showed a bit of a glimpse of his old form.

ReputationRep:
    I guess Kyrgios is going through puberty later than most. F****** moody teenager. He needs to get a coach and get his s*** together ASAP. He has potential.

ReputationRep:
    I think Kyrgios is just a late bloomer mentally. Some guys like Nadal can be intense on the court pretty much from day 1 but for others it comes later on when they realise how much they want it and eventually buckle down. I hope Kyrgios finally takes tennis seriously sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    Kygrios is overrated. His ground game and return game are very average. He is similar to Raonic in the sense that he is heavily reliant on his serve. And he doesn't have the same work ethic or desire that Raonic has so I don't think he will do much. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he retires within the next two year. He has clearly come out and said that he doesn't love tennis so it won't be a surprise to me if he goes out very early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Kygrios is overrated. His ground game and return game are very average. He is similar to Raonic in the sense that he is heavily reliant on his serve. And he doesn't have the same work ethic or desire that Raonic has so I don't think he will do much. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he retires within the next two year. He has clearly come out and said that he doesn't love tennis so it won't be a surprise to me if he goes out very early.
    A lot of players say such things but they get on a run and stick around.

Tomic is another Australian who has exceptional potential but lacks the mentality.

But then again we have Del Potro who clearly had the desire but never the consistensy although arguably by 2013 he was on a par with Djokovic and Nadal in everything but fitness (which cost him the Indian Wells final and Wimbledon SF).

ReputationRep:
    Federer proved why he is still at the top of the game - unbelievable to come back from 2 sets down!

ReputationRep:
    Federer rolled back the years to come back to beat Cilic from 2 sets down but Cilic had so many opportunities to win the match but unfortunately for him couldn't take any. Federer-Raonic in the semis should be closer this time round with both players playing under immense pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    I don't like Murray because of his style of play. I'm not really a fan of pushing and waiting for errors tennis. Another reason is his on court behaviour which is that of a 10 year old. But the biggest reason for me disliking Murray is the overyhype he gets from the British media. They just can't stop kissing his arse. I don't like how he lumped together with Federer, Nadal & Djokovic. There is no big 4. Only the big 3. Murray is nowhere near close enough to their achievements so I don't like how the british media act like he is on their level. He is a good player in his own right but he only has 2 slams while Fedalovic has 10+ majors each so to lump him with those 3 is stupid.
    Well this is idiotic. Murray has been in the top 3 for the past few years. No one is arguing that his overall achievements are on par with those players.

ReputationRep:
    Two great QFs today, both look liked they'd be over in 3 but both went the distance. Neither semi will be a walkover but I think Murray's the more likely finalist whereas Raonic-Federer can go either way

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.