Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboy Bobbinz)
    We need a white back.
    on average how many accounts you make a day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heiljoe)
    on average how many accounts you make a day?
    I dunno but this could be the last for a while.

ReputationRep:
    He always says that yet he'll be back tomorrow. I've got a sneaking suspicion that Yaboy is jam just ******* with us.

ReputationRep:
    Yaboy probably stopped posting months ago. Someone's defaming him as a homophobic racist, or perhaps he really is just a moron.

ReputationRep:
    Guardian and Telegraph report Wenger getting a 3 year deal with a target of winning the title and a budget of £100m this summer.

Telegraph also say we've enquired for Javi Martinez & Lars Bender and are interested in Benzema, Mandzukic & Bony.

Times say we're interested in Milner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Love the idea that challenging for the title, and then falling back to first..

Is worse then:

Being out of the league by november, and never getting close to winning anything..

- logic.
    You didn't challenge for the title this season though did you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Guardian and Telegraph report Wenger getting a 3 year deal with a target of winning the title and a budget of £100m this summer.

Telegraph also say we've enquired for Javi Martinez & Lars Bender and are interested in Benzema, Mandzukic & Bony.

3 year deal puts his deal in line with Klopp's expiry, no?

Vela, Martinez, Benzema and Aurier

Can you imagine? :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    You didn't challenge for the title this season though did you...
    Err yes we did, seriously how bitter can you be?

ReputationRep:
    /*

Hmm would be interesting.

Benzema will probably renew unless a new striker comes in. The amount of assists he racks for a striker while still having a decent strike rate is astonishing.

I don't rate Mandzukic, he's good as a backup striker or a big game player when you need a guy who's got strength but he's a cog in a machine. Bayern was a very finely oiled machine under Heynckes. If Gomez was starting he'd have got 30-40 goals for Bayern that season.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Allow getting Bony though...hardly an upgrade from Giroud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Next season:

- Break the 80 point barrier in the league
    - Get to the QFs of the CL
    - Another cup run to the SF minimum

I'd be happy with that.
    Quarter finals of CL, I hope we face you in the quarters because all the other draws in the quarter finals will be tough.

If only Moyes boys made the CL and he was still manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Why do you think you'd get twice as many? Surely anyone who cares enough to come out for the league/CL parade would also care enough to come out for the first trophy you've won in 9 years
    I concur
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I think Milner is just trying to get a new contract/wage rise out of City and has got his agent to leak this story. He's got 1 year left and must surely know how badly City need to keep him to meet the ''home grown'' regulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    /*

Benzema will probably renew unless a new striker comes in. The amount of assists he racks for a striker while still having a decent strike rate is astonishing.

I don't rate Mandzukic, he's good as a backup striker or a big game player when you need a guy who's got strength but he's a cog in a machine. Bayern was a very finely oiled machine under Heynckes. If Gomez was starting he'd have got 30-40 goals for Bayern that season.
    That he is, but a very efficient cog. If you see him live, his work rate and all round aggression is phenomenal. Combine that with a better finishing ability and I think he's a significant upgrade on Giroud. With Mandzukik you're really building around a strong midfield/wingers to we'd need something a bit more direct at LW for it all to work. Gomez would have scored more but provided much less to the team.

Benzema would be amazing but I dont see that happening unless they move for Suarez and even then you can see Mourinho cornering him sharpish. Not sure he's a £40m player either tbh, more like £30m tops imo.

We'll probably end up with Bony tbh. He's a great striker too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Allow getting Bony though...hardly an upgrade from Giroud
    Sure this isn't just snobbishness at signing a player from a bottom-10 team speaking?

Bony is probably a better striker than Giroud, certainly would be very decent back up.

Price will be an issue though, Swansea will probs want £25m for him

(Original post by sr90)
    I think Milner is just trying to get a new contract/wage rise out of City and has got his agent to leak this story. He's got 1 year left and must surely know how badly City need to keep him to meet the ''home grown'' regulations.
    Yea probably. Story doesnt quite add up anyway. Why go from being a squad player at City to one at Arsenal? We wont pay him more either and he's got less chance at silverwear.

Would have him for £10m tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    /*

Thing about this is he's got Ronaldo and Bale either side, and then Di Maria/Isco bursting forward to support him- with that sort of quality you will rack up assists. It's kinda like Ozil this year, stats have slightly diminished because he's now passing to Bendtner instead of Ronaldo. Plus why would he downgrade when he's starting every match at Madrid. Only makes sense if they sign Suarez tbh and even then I would say Morata will depart (most likely on loan) rather than Benzema.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That he is, but a very efficient cog. If you see him live, his work rate and all round aggression is phenomenal. Combine that with a better finishing ability and I think he's a significant upgrade on Giroud. With Mandzukik you're really building around a strong midfield/wingers to we'd need something a bit more direct at LW for it all to work. Gomez would have scored more but provided much less to the team.

Benzema would be amazing but I dont see that happening unless they move for Suarez and even then you can see Mourinho cornering him sharpish. Not sure he's a £40m player either tbh, more like £30m tops imo.

We'll probably end up with Bony tbh. He's a great striker too.
    Mandzukic isn't that great a finisher but he's a pretty hard working player. He's an upgrade on Giroud as Giroud is a snail. That's the only reason why he's an upgrade. Giroud trying to make runs behind the defence which are great runs but he's never going to break away from them unless he's facing John Terry and Mertesacker.

Personally I feel that you need pace up front and guile or a guy with tremendous technique while having good hold up play like Drogba/Ibrahimovic.

Gomez would probably be a great guy off the bench. Guy is a rapist when it comes to beating the small teams as well but tbh that's more a need for Chelsea than you guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Err yes we did, seriously how bitter can you be?
    Depends on what your definition of a challenge is.

For me only City and Liverpool challenged for it all the way to the end. Arsenal were out of it by March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Thing about this is he's got Ronaldo and Bale either side, and then Di Maria/Isco bursting forward to support him- with that sort of quality you will rack up assists. It's kinda like Ozil this year, stats have slightly diminished because he's now passing to Bendtner instead of Ronaldo. Plus why would he downgrade when he's starting every match at Madrid. Only makes sense if they sign Suarez tbh and even then I would say Morata will depart (most likely on loan) rather than Benzema.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the bold bit, FFP.

I agree though Benzema has Ronaldo and Bale to get those assists. Although With a top quality left winger and DM you would say that Arsenal probably are only probably around Madrid's level if they were to get Benzema.

Javi Martinez and Vela coming in with Benzema e.g. and he'll probably rack up similar figures to what he had at Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Arsenal's title challenge was killed by the 6-0 tbh. By then they had a gap to catch up, finished facing all the title challengers and had an atrocious goal difference.

Chelsea's title challenge was killed by Sunderland. Had we won that game and the Norwich game they'd have been champions.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.