Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam stones)
    As[salaam-alaikum brother Abdul-Karim I need a favour from a Muslim brother such as your self.

Can lend me your CV please.:flutter:

I'm currently in the process of accumulating some of the best CVs I can find from various intelligent individuals and you're one of my lucky chosen few.

So what do you say I'll pay £50.00 straight into your bank account.:deal:.
    Lol, the above user has contributed to your cause. £50 isn't enough.

I can direct you to my public profile.. Search 'Abdul-Karim Ali' on google and it should be the first link.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that's really kind of you.
    How would you like to receive it

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i have a bit of a problem, please help

okay basically I'm 19 and i was meant to be in uni this year i got 4 offers for Psychology but i didn't accept any of the offers coz i was scared of going to uni and flopping/not liking it. i decided to retake some modules in bio, psych and chem as i got CDD last year and then apply this year as a private candidate for any life sciences course in London (Kings is my dream but queens would also be good). Unfortunately I dont have anyone to write a Ref for me and thus i have decided to wait for clearing (although i not sure if i'll get any good unis in london or any life sciences)

sorry if this is a bit long but thats just the background, last week i had a discussion with my older sister and she told me to focus on retaking my AS levels this summer and then retake A2 next year and enter Uni in 2016 and apply for kings biochem (she said that this way is much better than my original idea of waiting for clearing)

I'm just very sceptic because I worry that any Russel Group uni will look down on me coz im gonna be 21 when i start and they're gonna wonder what took me so long.

Please give me you honest thoughts on which option is best.

Sorry if its a bit loooong!!

also any inspiring examples of people you know who have been in similar positions would be appreciated.

May Allah Bless You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #generic)
    Hey guys i have a bit of a problem, please help

okay basically I'm 19 and i was meant to be in uni this year i got 4 offers for Psychology but i didn't accept any of the offers coz i was scared of going to uni and flopping/not liking it. i decided to retake some modules in bio, psych and chem as i got CDD last year and then apply this year as a private candidate for any life sciences course in London (Kings is my dream but queens would also be good). Unfortunately I dont have anyone to write a Ref for me and thus i have decided to wait for clearing (although i not sure if i'll get any good unis in london or any life sciences)

sorry if this is a bit long but thats just the background, last week i had a discussion with my older sister and she told me to focus on retaking my AS levels this summer and then retake A2 next year and enter Uni in 2016 and apply for kings biochem (she said that this way is much better than my original idea of waiting for clearing)

I'm just very sceptic because I worry that any Russel Group uni will look down on me coz im gonna be 21 when i start and they're gonna wonder what took me so long.

Please give me you honest thoughts on which option is best.

Sorry if its a bit loooong!!

also any inspiring examples of people you know who have been in similar positions would be appreciated.

May Allah Bless You

I would go with your sister plan. But dont think of it as resitting the year. Do everything you want to do and more.
    I suggest you go ahead and set yourself ambitious targets this year. Don't limit yourself to academics only.

For example you want to study life science at uni right?

Well why not carry out your own research project over the next year. Learn as much as you can by attending open lectures, and visiting museums etc.

Believe me there is a wealth of books and pdfs online to learn from. You can go as advanced as you want. Trust me if you go above and beyond even Cambridge will want you.

Also try be as active about it as possible, the more you postpone the less likely it is to happen.

The World is your Oyster.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about my late reply, if possible by PM, I think that would be the most convenient option.
    yo i just read my CV its absolute ****, you are better off not reading it, sorry man

ReputationRep:
    You're a certified waste-man Fam.:dry:
    wallahi bro im surprised i even landed a part time job still

ReputationRep:
    Salaam everyone

How are you guys doing?

ReputationRep:
    So what you saying Abdul-Karim want to help a brother out?

Help me with my C.V:puppyeyes:

Liking the profile pic.:top:
    Send me it: [email protected]

I'll take a look.

ReputationRep:
    Jazak Allah Khayran akh,

Just a kind word of advice Akh best not to post your email on TSR you might get spam from unwanted visitors.

Give me a minute and I will send it right away.
    I'll just block spam users, it's not much of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Btw Abdul my real name is on my C.V, so you need to keep it between us please.

P.S. This is Jameel.
    Your binded by the Data Protection Act 1999

ReputationRep:
    hi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    hi
    hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    hello

Lool you alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Lool you alright?
    yes im good thanks, im not Somalian though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    yes im good thanks, im not Somalian though
    Its somali* and i didnt ask

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I think you should take the time to watch this. I just stumbled upon this doc, its on Aljazeera (47mins long) about Somalis in Yemen. "Trapped in Yemen". I will never understand how people can be so cruel, especially to those who have nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Hey guys, I think you should take the time to watch this. I just stumbled upon this doc, its on Aljazeera (47mins long) about Somalis in Yemen. "Trapped in Yemen". I will never understand how people can be so cruel, especially to those who have nothing.
    disgusting documentary to be honest, Allah will judge those who oppress their fellow muslim brothers and sisters inshallah.

ReputationRep:
    So guys help me how to keep focused i have 5 university offers but i cant seem to focus on anything. Only thing i enjoy and do is Maths but my other two subjects i neglect out of laziness. Any guidance for procrastination?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAddict)
    So guys help me how to keep focused i have 5 university offers but i cant seem to focus on anything. Only thing i enjoy and do is Maths but my other two subjects i neglect out of laziness. Any guidance for procrastination?
    is physics a load of work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAddict)
    Daily timetable of work/what to do for each subject. Stick to it
    Daily report of your activity (activity log) what you did what you didn't do, what were you supposed to do, did you follow your timetable..etc This will show you how you spend your time and better allocate it. As a rule of thumb if you missed out on a study session today make up for it tomorrow..etc = better time management.
    Lastly hold yourself accountable, if we don't who will?!
    See if that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.