Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Is this true for applicants who choose a college? I chose Trinity for History and Politics. What are the chances of me being called to interview at another college along with the one I chose?
    Most people are interviewed by two separate colleges, so it's highly likely (if not definite) that you'll be interviewed by another college along with Trinity

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Is this true for applicants who choose a college? I chose Trinity for History and Politics. What are the chances of me being called to interview at another college along with the one I chose?
    It's true for most applicants yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karina_xo)
    Most people are interviewed by two separate colleges, so it's highly likely (if not definite) that you'll be interviewed by another college along with Trinity

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would this be true for international applicants doing Skype interviews as well?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In this case, do you get 2 interview invitation emails? Or just one and then you find out about the other college when you go to Oxford?

Aahhh I just want a decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    In this case, do you get 2 interview invitation emails? Or just one and then you find out about the other college when you go to Oxford?

Aahhh I just want a decision
    No you just get the interview invite from your chosen/allocated college and once you get there they'll tell you where your second interview is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Interesting stuff! Would the other college email me as well or would Trinity's email contain all the details including the interview at the other college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    It's true for most applicants yeah.
    And this could be ANY college? Wow! That's pretty cool!

ReputationRep:
    Ladys and Gentlemen...

Let's look at the matter from the other side.
    I believe universities and colleges are willing to get you into their facilities, best of you.
    But there is no best.
    A college community consists of hundreds of students and dozens of tutors.
    Students are the heartbeat of a college and tutors are the back-bone; both contribute to community and are vital for balanced 'life'. Thus, if our ways doesn't collide, I mean college and mine, then loss isn't just on my side, but the bigger part of the loose cake is for the college. On the first hand if college accepts me, then bigger part of the gain cake will be tasted by the community, because I'm giver and students, tutors, and college and university will not fail to receive my contribution and support and I will get answers on my barrel of questions.

Arrogance?
    Not at all.

Just pure balance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupitor)
    Ladys and Gentlemen...

Let's look at the matter from the other side.
    I believe universities and colleges are willing to get you into their facilities, best of you.
    But there is no best.
    A college community consists of hundreds of students and dozens of tutors.
    Students are the heartbeat of a college and tutors are the back-bone; both contribute to community and are vital for balanced 'life'. Thus, if our ways doesn't collide, I mean college and mine, then loss isn't just on my side, but the bigger part of the loose cake is for the college. On the first hand if college accepts me, then bigger part of the gain cake will be tasted by the community, because I'm giver and students, tutors, and college and university will not fail to receive my contribution and support and I will get answers on my barrel of questions.

Arrogance?
    Not at all.

Just pure balance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cook99)
    So are you a foreign student? I don't think UK applicants have been informed yet ...
    Yeah I'm from Ireland

ReputationRep:
    Interesting stuff! Would the other college email me as well or would Trinity's email contain all the details including the interview at the other college?
    Nah, just your chosen college will contact you, only once you're there it will be on a board which other college is interviewing you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    In the past years people applying to St Hugh's got emails stating "interview invitation".
    aw crap I'm applying to St Hugh's, I can't even go onto my email now just in case it arrives and it's in the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenlatte)
    I'm applying for medicine.
    Oh, so anxious! Not so worried about BMAT except for the third section. This year's prompts just threw me off.
    Anyone here applying to read medicine?

I'm so jealous of those who have gotten invitation to interviews :\. Here I am just waiting for the decision in 2nd of December.
    Me too! What's your college and stats?

BMAT was ok - surprisingly, I found S1 ok but S2 I ran out of time. Which essay Q did you answer?

Oh yes, and the wait is torture...

ReputationRep:
    ?

;
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupitor)
    ?

;
    Exactly how I felt reading your post mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    aw crap I'm applying to St Hugh's, I can't even go onto my email now just in case it arrives and it's in the title
    I'm applying to St Hugh's too

ReputationRep:
    Omg! Just got invited for an interview at Keble! So excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoNicole)
    What course is it?I applied for Keble too!😀And congratulations 😀

ReputationRep:
    The wait is agonising :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoNicole)
    Well done, for which subject? Are you a domestic or international student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.