Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    Thank you for your solution

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histo...2.80.931099.29

The link covers the relationship between the Jewish world and Israel so to say the Jews were fostered upon the Arabs is inaccurate. There was already an established Jewish population and all that was done was a political transfer of powers after WW2 following British rule over the region. But hey it's quite an interesting read if you want to look over it. You will find the Arab account of events and the widely accepted account of events to be very contrasting due mainly to the fact of the culture clash.
    I don't think you quite understood. I didn't deny that there were Jews living there.

I stated quite clearly that the illegal immigrants should be sent back to where they came from. Most of them originated from Germany and Russia...

I respect your idea but I was more hoping it would be on the basis of the situation we are in demographically, moving a whole nation and establishing a new one is well almost impossible politically and just practically. How would this be done?
    You have land. You name it Israel. You put people into it and voila, a state comes into being.

What happened to the inhabitants of Germany and Russia?
    They illegally immigrated to Palestine.

What about the religious importance the land of Israel holds?
    Irrelevant.

Jesus lived and breathed ME air. Yet you don't see the ME populated with Christians. In fact, more Christians live outside of the ME than in the ME.

ReputationRep:
    Is it not just getting on your nerves. Not once have I asked these guys for sources of information and yet they want us surfing the internet because they are either lazy or playing a game. How hard is it for them to read a piece of history text on Israel or the conflict from Wikipedia and in an instance they have an educated account on the matter.
    I absolutely agree. Not to mention that the video I provided took one simple youtube search. It's really not that difficult to google things.

They're either too incompetent to use google or hope we'll give up and not respond to their obviously crappy arguments since we get tired of finding them sources, thus somehow achieving some kind of 'victory' in their small minded heads.

ReputationRep:
    A digger attack, an IDF soldier shooting and now an "incident" near the Gaza border...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    The point you made when you took my point out of context was already addressed in my full post. You took it out of context and it made it look like i had not addressed the point, when I had. Now go back and read my full post, respond to that, and then we can continue the debate.

I will not keep repeating myself. That's what you pro-Palestinian lot do, don't you? You just make people repeat themselves hoping they'll get tired of saying the same thing so you'll 'win' by not having to respond to anything. Very similar tactic to tsr.
    I'm nobody's lot, I have made a couple posts on this issue and you pigeonhole me? Ever wonder why Israel is losing friends like me? My point was not dealt with in your post since you are still unwilling to say whether Israel can instantly destroy rocket launchers out in the open. I won't be holding my breath - should you ever decide to answer, we can debate further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCubed)
    I'm nobody's lot, you judgemental fool. I have made a couple posts on this issue and you pigeonhole me? Ever wonder why Israel is losing friends like me? My point was not dealt with in your post since you are still unwilling to say whether Israel can instantly destroy rocket launchers out in the open. I won't be holding my breath - should you ever decide to answer, we can debate further.
    Obviously they can if they're just sitting in the open for everyone to see. But I did address that, that's what my whole post was based around.

I responded that if they're so good at digging tunnels they can dig holes where they can hide their weapons. AWAY from civilians.

I also responded that it's not a justification either way, for them to hide their weapons amongst civilians because that's effectively using human shields.

There you go, you made me repeat myself. Typical. Go back and read the post and respond to that.

I doubt you were ever a 'friend' of Israel's.

ReputationRep:
    Because the difference between you guys and me is that you keep saying Israel should withdraw and Israel should stop. So ok you told me what Israel should and so what do you expect to happen following your proposal. Only stupid people proceed with actions without considering the aftermath so I am asking you if you think Israel should stop what do you expect from it.
    Israel and Hamas won't stop! Be sure of that! because all what Israel wants is to take control of Gaza and that's what Hamas is rejecting of course!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    A digger attack, an IDF soldier shooting and now an "incident" near the Gaza border...
    The "incident" you seem to be referring to appears to be the shooting of a soldier near a war zone. Obviously it's still terrible but soldiers being shot is hardly further justification to shell refugee centres full of civilians if that is the point you're trying to make.

The longer this goes on the more my sympathy for Israel wanes. The whole thing is horrific.

ReputationRep:
    Israel Breaks Ceasefire After 6 Minutes, Using F16 Jets To Kill 8 Year Old Girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

I'm predicting how Zionists will respond to this thread. Previously, Hamas "allegedly" broke a ceasefire and the Zionists were shouting "Blame HAMASSSS". Now Israel has blatantly broken the ceasefire, but I'm sure they will still shout "Blame HAMASSSS".

To Mods: Please do not delete/merge this thread. This thread is not about the wider conflict, but specifically discussing how Israel continues to lie to the world and break ceasefires, in order to advance their blood-thirsty military goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    The "incident" you seem to be referring to appears to be the shooting of a soldier near a war zone. Obviously it's still terrible but soldiers being shot is hardly further justification to shell refugee centres full of civilians if that is the point you're trying to make.

The longer this goes on the more my sympathy for Israel wanes. The whole thing is horrific.
    It's a separate "incident", not linked to the Jerusalem incidents...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    I don't think you quite understood. I didn't deny that there were Jews living there.

I stated quite clearly that the illegal immigrants should be sent back to where they came from. Most of them originated from Germany and Russia..

You have land. You name it Israel. You put people into it and voila, a state comes into being.

They illegally immigrated to Palestine.

Irrelevant.

Jesus lived and breathed ME air. Yet you don't see the ME populated with Christians. In fact, more Christians live outside of the ME than in the ME.
    Please I actually think you have intelligence unlike some of the other pro-Palestine supporters who post with emotional responses rather than factual. So please do not be naive. Establishing a new nation is not as simple as you made it look and I think you know this, if you don't Ill lose a lot of respect for your opinion.

Ill point out 1% of the issues it comes with as we have not got all day. For instance you have to consider the needs of the host nation whose citizens could be directly or indirectly affected by this. Do we take over existing agricultural land, urban settlements or just natural habitats. Do the migrating Israelites have to rebuild from scratch or are they given ready made settlements? Who will fund this?

They will have to draw up new diplomatic agreements, trade agreements, UN and possibly EU agreements. Now they are within EU borders do they comply with EU trade agreements? They will need to establish new passport controls and draw up border controls.

providing they establish a new airport they will have to draw up flight paths and build an air to air communication system with surrounding nations.

How will we create the transition from a military and recourse based economy to one more financial, goods and investment orientated. Did you know Israel makes a large proportion of its economic output and input from the research and trade of armed goods and military hardware. Israel currently has major projects with nations like India, Russia, USA and China how do we tell china for example that they will lose investment.

have you considered the oil and water trade Israel currently had with Turkey. How will Turkey cope when they lose one of their largest trading partners.

I have only touched the surface of the amount of issues it has so please before I lose all respect for you don't tell me it will be easy.

ReputationRep:
    I am Jewish and support the state of Israel. What Moshe Feiglin appears to be saying in this article is racist and unacceptable and I would not subscribe to it, despite wholeheartedly supporting Israel's right to defend itself. However I am confused as to where the 'concentration camp' claim is coming from as the article at no point backs this up with anything Feiglin said on Facebook. As the great granddaughter of a Holocaust survivor it is upsetting to see such terms thrown around without fair justification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28644714

A seven-hour "humanitarian window" announced by Israel is under way in parts of Gaza but this does not cover Rafah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorra Hadrich)
    Israel and Hamas won't stop! Be sure of that! because all what Israel wants is to take control of Gaza and that's what Hamas is rejecting of course!!
    But when I watched the Hamas propaganda videos they said that they want to attack Israel and cleanse it. Search on google you will find the videos. They said they will not stop until Israel has been taken over. They want to kill everyone there so surely Israel are trying to prevent that are they not?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the daily mail link.

ReputationRep:
    thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahmshaya)
    I am Jewish and support the state of Israel. What Moshe Feiglin appears to be saying in this article is racist and unacceptable and I would not subscribe to it, despite wholeheartedly supporting Israel's right to defend itself. However I am confused as to where the 'concentration camp' claim is coming from as the article at no point backs this up with anything Feiglin said on Facebook. As the great granddaughter of a Holocaust survivor it is upsetting to see such terms thrown around without fair justification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's disgraceful how you have to bring up the fact that you're a descendant of a holocaust survivor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broscience123)
    To Mods: Please do not delete/merge this thread. This thread is not about the wider conflict, but specifically discussing how Israel continues to lie to the world and break ceasefires, in order to advance their blood-thirsty military goals.
    If that were true (your claim about this thread) you'd have titled it differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    thanks for the daily mail link.
    Np, I noticed it was quite popular with some of the Zionists on here, judging by the threads they were creating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahmshaya)
    However I am confused as to where the 'concentration camp' claim is coming from as the article at no point backs this up with anything Feiglin said on Facebook. [/SIZE]
    In the letter he expresses his desire for the IDF to find areas on the Sinai border to establish 'tent encampments...until relevant emigration destinations are determined.'
    No?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I'm not a survivor I am the descendant of one. And I don't see why it's disgraceful to explain why I feel a certain way about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.