Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)

You can blame mentality less and less this season because in general we've turned up to big games and certain players are starting to gain a big game mentality i.e Giroud especially has a decent record against them. Clearly the squad isn't at its peak mentally but you can't say its not being improved.
    The question is why though? You've got a whole host of World Cup winners in there and experienced internationals. We're not talking inexperienced youngsters here, we're talking seasoned internationals across the pitch. They find it hard to replicate that winners mentality from their international exploits into their club game. And it's not the first time it's happened, you could argue Nasri, Fabregas and RvP have proved themselves to be big game players and winners after leaving the Emirates. Is this from new found belief and a new attitude from their new manager? I think it is. It's been a common problem for the last 10 years and whilst there is signs of improvement, sides that are arguably more talented than this simply haven't had the correct mentality to win big trophies, and have subsequently left and done it with other big clubs. It is Wenger's fault I'm sorry to say, and although you can argue the squad is improving, judging from past exploits it's hard to make a case that this time things will change and Arsenal will reach that elite level so desperately craved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I thought Ozil, Koscielny, Coquelin and Giroud were all outstanding tonight for what it was worth. Ozil when he plays with a bit of bite and sharpness is worth £40m easily

Felt Walcott was appalling, why bring him on against a team sitting deep? And Sanchez is out of form atm, probably burnt out really.

Annoying but imagine if we'd brought on Podolski instead of Walcott for the last 15m? His kind of game I feel.
    Walcott's the best finisher at the club now, if we'd wanted a chance to fall to anyone, it'd have been Theo.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is looking like a pile of **** btw.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, good night and there's still the FA Cup again and an outside chance at the title.

Chelsea have got Cesc 'half a season bottler' Fabregas remember
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    You don't want us to do more, you expect us to do more, and that's the problem. Even in our unbeatables season, we lost games to teams well below us quality-wise. It happens. I don't get 'bored' because I realize I am lucky to support such a good team in the first place, many other teams don't even get the opportunities we do, and whilst I am disappointed, we are lucky enough to support a team who invariably gets another chance the next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Anyway, good night and there's still the FA Cup again and an outside chance at the title.

No chance at the league sadly, Chelsea basically have 1 hand already on it.

I'll take the Cup and 2nd though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Aw that's very interesting, you picked a good team does come with a health warning though.
    Erm, for me I've always been the club's supporter but only properly got into the nitty gritty stuff a few years ago. Posting here helps me learn new things, helps when you're surrounded by a good bunch as well oh lol starting the thread was an honour really hehe.
    Yeah, well they're not predictable for sure You gotta sacrifice your inner peace to support this team, they're worth it though hehe
    It's so nice you made this thread, i'll do keep an eye on it :yep:
    I guess you're a big fan of Sanchez? Amazing player btw, he seems to be very alert, in constant vigilance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    No chance at the league sadly, Chelsea basically have 1 hand already on it.
    Very similar to the Monaco game actually.

We're 7 points behind them, they will drop points, it's all about whether we can catch them.

If we beat them at the Emirates then it suddenly becomes four points.

We do though have to win every game, and I would rank our chances at lower than 3%.

City were 8 points behind Utd in 2012 after we beat City at the Emirates remember.

ReputationRep:

You mean the guy with over twice the assists of any Arsenal player
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by jam277)
    This thread is looking like a pile of **** btw.
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    The nights aim has been completed.
    Now on to this essay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    You mean the guy with over twice the assists of any Arsenal player
    Which happened to mainly come from set pieces, and he hasn't done anything of note lately and got jeered off by his own fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Alexis has been playing the same way all season. Bit late for you guys to clock now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry but I called this too.

Although I'd take Alexis. Work rate makes up for it but he gets dispossessed way too much for my liking and frustrates when he has to make the simplest of passes and his end product being so inconsistent. You can see he's got clear ability though and he's burnt out.

ReputationRep:
    Which happened to mainly come from set pieces, and he hasn't done anything of note lately and got jeered off by his own fans.
    He's won them the league. Doesn't matter if he's done anything lately or not, 2 shiny medals at the end of the season will be testament to that :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be bitter, you wish you had him. You'd probably be top of the league :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Not that our season is now over (still have the cup and CL qualification to focus on) but what exactly do we need in the summer? Despite the rise of Coq, I'd still say we need another DM, because Flamini and Diaby look like they both might go, but what else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Don't be bitter, you wish you had him. You'd probably be top of the league :lol:
    I really don't. I'd rather have Ramsey and Ozil over that snake.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    H
    (Original post by Depleted)
    He's won them the league. Doesn't matter if he's done anything lately or not, 2 shiny medals at the end of the season will be testament to that :laugh:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Disclaimer: *Angel fox does not speak for the majority*

ReputationRep:
    I really don't. I'd rather have Ramsey and Ozil over that snake.
    Bull****. Everyone can see the decision not to take him was terrible. And Wenger snaked him not the other way round. What exactly was he meant to do when Arsene rejected him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    H

Disclaimer: *Angel fox does not speak for the majority*
    So you'd rather have that rat Soler over Ozil?

That snake would have gone missing tonight. When the going gets tough, the snake goes into hiding. Where was he for Chelsea when they got spanked by PSG?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.