The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They seem to well organised defensively.
What a chance for Sturridge.

He puts that away 9 times out of 10.
What a terrible, terrible game.
0-0 isn't that bad but with a full strength side I expected so much more.

English clubs in Europe are a shambles.
If we do get through, I hope we get a strong team. Its ****ing dire playing against opposition who are happy to sit back and defend. Absolute waste of a 1 hour and 45 minutes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
What a terrible, terrible game.
0-0 isn't that bad but with a full strength side I expected so much more.

English clubs in Europe are a shambles.

But... but.... the PL is the best league in the world TM
0-0 is NOT a good result for us. Augburg score 1 and we have to score 2. Plus it's 3 days before League cup final. Not sure what Micheal Owen was smoking when he said 0-0 was a great result for us,

Can't see us winning Europa. And we're even more **** than Utd.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samir12
If we do get through, I hope we get a strong team. Its ****ing dire playing against opposition who are happy to sit back and defend. Absolute waste of a 1 hour and 45 minutes.

I agree; Augsburg were at home and they barely made an effort. Both teams came close to scoring and really should've done so - I think 1-1 would've been a fair result, which incidentally would've been a far greater result for us too.
Sturridge missed a huge chance which is extremely frustrating. That being said, we all know Benteke wouldn't have even been in the box if it were him...

Original post by LFC_fan_321
0-0 is NOT a good result for us. Augburg score 1 and we have to score 2. Plus it's 3 days before League cup final. Not sure what Micheal Owen was smoking when he said 0-0 was a great result for us,

Whilst that is true, we're still at home. Personally I've never understood away goals; both teams get to play at home so why does it matter? If it goes in to ET, that's just luck of the draw.

Klopp was saying that cup finals are different - players are so pumped up for this one game that fatigue rarely matters, and I completely agree with him.
Take the games as they go. Who says we don't go 2-0 up vs Augburg in the first half hour and we can rest some of our higher quality players?
I don't fancy our chances vs City in the final, I feel like we'll score but the notion of us winning hinges more on whether or not City play bad.
Original post by LFC_fan_321

You aren't as shite as us, not even close

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
You aren't as shite as us, not even close

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its close but United are edging it.....being shite that is.
No English teams winning at all this week :frown:
38 League Titles and 8 European Cups between us and now we're both getting dicked on by teams that I'm not sure are actually real. Who the **** are Midshiland and Orgsberg?
One thing I hate about BT is their pundits, ffs Owen **** off please. He starts sentences and just fades off because he's forgotten his point after trying to throw in as many football buzzwords as his limited vocabulary gifts him. Also at the start of the game they say Liverpool winning is practically a formality, then nearing the end "well 0-0 is a good result for Liverpool to be getting"....u wot m8? 0-0 in an away game where you had a strong team and are fancied the win, a good result it ain't.

Also watched the whole game and what's this Augsburg being a team just sitting back and defending, we were watching different matches right? There was a fantastic period of 5 minutes where Liverpool where just passing it in the triangle in their own half. Augsburg had one of the best chances of the game. Augsburg 12 shots, Liverpool 16, 47%, 53% possession, , Augsburg winning more duals etc. Not saying they deserved the win, the draw was fair, but I saw multiple chances from both sides, it was hardly a team sitting in their own half. Reasonably evenly matched and if Augsburg hadn't had their top man go off injured so early I think it could have gone differently.

Can another draw after 90 mins next week.

Still though, better job that LVG's disaster lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
The main problem was our midfield, its too average and slow. Neither Hendo or Can can turn with the ball and pick out a pass, they have to take a few touches which slows down the play giving the opposition time to organise themselves.
Original post by samir12
The main problem was our midfield, its too average and slow. Neither Hendo or Can can turn with the ball and pick out a pass, they have to take a few touches which slows down the play giving the opposition time to organise themselves.

Agreed, they're both garbage and need to leave in summer together with sakho, benteke and kolo toure.

Joe allen is miles ahead of them both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh it looked like we had 2 or 3 clear chances to score and win the game.

We should be able to beat them at home..
Dreadful game of football.

As aforementioned by somebody, our midfield was the pits last night. Henderson doesn't look able to twist and turn - a massive part of football - and he doesn't trust his heel to spring or fire off balls.

If it was down to me, I'd have Henderson omitted for the next few games. At times, we're playing with a man down effectively. Milner was poor in the middle tonight, and I'm convinced his future lies on the right-hand side of a trident in a 4-2-3-1.

Can seemed lazy, but the defence did well. Moreno is a left winger, and the sooner everybody realises that the better. A poor result, in truth, but another clean sheet. We seemed disjointed.

Augsburg clearly settled for a goalless draw on the biggest night of their lives, so fair play. Sturridge could have probably nicked it for us, but it's only his second start and he's clearly so rusty. As is Coutinho, who lacked the invention of the weekend.
Reply 4836
Original post by Manchester United
38 League Titles and 8 European Cups between us and now we're both getting dicked on by teams that I'm not sure are actually real. Who the **** are Midshiland and Orgsberg?

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Terrible game hate playing against ****ing tin pot teams like this. Watch it be a dead game at our place, then them nicking a ****ing late winner. Would be classic that.

Also, get henderson/milner off stop playing them together, need to just play one or the other.
Original post by jshep000
Terrible game hate playing against ****ing tin pot teams like this. Watch it be a dead game at our place, then them nicking a ****ing late winner. Would be classic that.

Also, get henderson/milner off stop playing them together, need to just play one or the other.

They don't even need to win. A score draw will be sufficient for them :frown:
Original post by Zerforax
They don't even need to win. A score draw will be sufficient for them :frown:

Going to be a uneeded close game, we should've put them away yesterday to calm the second leg. Typical of us to make things harder :biggrin:

Latest