The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironmaidenfan
I been progressing through the interview stages for each of the banks listed, with the exception of GS who I have not heard back from yet.

how was the process for JPM?
Reply 4821
I wrote this in another thread but in case someone here is interested...

For those still waiting on Fidelity, for sales and marketing hr will start reviewing apps next week, first rounds mid Nov, AC on the 1st Dec. For equities they should be well ahead in the process atm due to the amount of people applying. For the others, I'm guessing that it should be similar to sales and marketing. I hope this helps.
Original post by torres657
if you put that you are gay, your application will be screened by gay analysts/associates which would potentially increase your chances of landing an interview, lool

No thats not true lol, the last section of the form where they ask if your gay or white or black isn't reviewed. Its unfair if gays are being interviewed just for being gay.
Anyone heard from CS yet? Also, has anyone received RBC AC invite this week?
Original post by gsbs2
I was told on the Baml short interview that it's straight to AC, how come you have interview stages?

The Analyst I had for BAML said if you were progressed there "should be" a telephone interview with HR and then AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheParham
Rejection post AC is too painful :frown:

Been there a couple of times myself last year. Don't worry man, ACs can be extremely competitive, especially at the top banks. Like everything, practice makes perfect. If you made it with one, then you'll make it with another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Lazard send out the online tests automatically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes
Reply 4828
Original post by Commercial Paper
Do Lazard send out the online tests automatically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Email goes something like this and was sent 2/3 days after submitting the application:

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your application for a London-based role with Lazard.

Congratulations! We would like to progress your application to the next step in the process which is an online situational judgement test...
i got it in less than an hour so never thought there would be some screening behind :redface:
Original post by Yhanna
No. Email goes something like this and was sent 2/3 days after submitting the application:

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your application for a London-based role with Lazard.

Congratulations! We would like to progress your application to the next step in the process which is an online situational judgement test...

Damn, will it need to be completed before the deadline (31st)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4831
Original post by Commercial Paper
Damn, will it need to be completed before the deadline (31st)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not 100% sure but as with anything, the sooner the better
Original post by Numerodos
Is there any HSBC IB assesment centre coming up? I just got an email that I have passed the interview and that they are considering me for the AC

I've been waiting for 2/3 weeks post interview for the off cycle...
Original post by Kat_Cuss
Anyone else who applied for Centerview did they call you unannounced. Just had an associate from the London office call to run through my CV?

Did you hear back for a second round?
hey, anyone has pwp's email?

got a email that i've been rejected post telephone interview. but the problem is that i've never done a phone interview with them.
would appreciate if anyone has their email address. cheers.
how long does it take to hear back after Greenhill first round interview anyone?
Original post by The_Potato
Markets grad offer at a BB!!! :happy2::happy2::happy2:

I've enjoyed following the thread but now it's time to relax. Good luck all with your apps :smile:

Wooooooooooooooooo, congrats duuuuuuuuudeeeee! Spend the signing bonus wisely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phone interview for Barclays IBD.. Did anyone else get an email/has anyone done the interview yet? I've had UBS (CCS/IBD) and RBC IBD phone interviews so can help with those :smile:
Does anyone know which firms you can apply for two or more programs and don't have to apply for them at the same time? I know MS and JPM are two examples - any others?
Original post by The_Potato
Markets grad offer at a BB!!! :happy2::happy2::happy2:

I've enjoyed following the thread but now it's time to relax. Good luck all with your apps :smile:

Congratulations! You've made it- takes a lot of work and talent to acheve something like this! Is it for sales, trading or research? Either way, it's amazing and well done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending