• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing that's the Companion-lite episode for this year, if they're going to keep that sort of format for the series, which is likely as they do it for budget/schedule constraints which are unlikely to change, especially since they MAY be going for the BBC Hour with the new series as opposed to the commercial television hours if the first episode is setting a trend.

ReputationRep:
    I think that is just ridiculous, how can the Doctor lose the Tardis.

I was hoping that the episodes would still be good and enjoyable but i'm doubting it

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's broken, not lost.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the shots I posted have him going around with a shopping trolley full of random bits and bobs. Perhaps it is broken?

ReputationRep:
    The Tardis is always broken, so dodgy

ReputationRep:
    Speculation is that the pictures I posted are him getting the stuff to make the TARDIS console like the competition winner. This makes sense as they were filming episodes 7 and 11, and competition winners generally get featured towards the end of a series.

Competition winner?

ReputationRep:
    The Blue Peter console competition.

That still means nothing to me, but I've googled it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mist786)
    I think that is just ridiculous, how can the Doctor lose the Tardis.

I was hoping that the episodes would still be good and enjoyable but i'm doubting it
    Didn't he lose it in Blink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Didn't he lose it in Blink?
    Yeah he did but he cant lose the Tardis again, thats just insane.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't lose it (with lose here meaning misplaced, not had it taken) he was simply transported to a different time in which the TARDIS was not present relative to his time line. However he did lose it in terms of having it taken - "The Angels have the phone box." And he has lost the ability to use the TARDIS before too, a lot of John Pertwee's episodes (possibly all? Not sure) took place on earth because he was banished there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TARDIS Wikipedia)
    The Doctor lands the TARDIS in present-day London, but before Rose Tyler can emerge, the TARDIS dematerializes due to the Doctor forgetting to lock the time settings; this causes the TARDIS to jump a "time track" and move forward several days. Left temporarily stranded in London while he waits for Rose to catch up (only a few seconds will have passed for her), the Doctor needs somewhere to stay. After an aborted attempt at visiting Jackie Tyler (who is otherwise occupied with one of her male suiters), the Doctor decides to crash at Mickey Smith's flat, where he proceeds to be a less-than-welcome houseguest. Meanwhile, a Bandrigan fleet approaches Earth with plans to destroy it.
    This is the story of The Lodger. It was written by Gareth Roberts who is apparently writing the 11th episode so it makes sense. Obviously, it'll need to be updated for the new dr + companion and it looks like he'll be staying at James Corden's character's flat instead.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lodger

ReputationRep:
    So the assumption of it being a companion-lite episode is correct then I'd imagine it'll follow the comic strip mostly (because of the pictures that have been found) but I'm guessing it'll be changed a fair bit too, otherwise everyone will know what happens.

Or perhaps it's just a "slice of life" episode rather than an alien invasion for once XD

ReputationRep:
    Am I one of the few people enthusiastically anticipating the Eleventh Doctor? He seems to have the peculiar charisma which is ordinary for the Doctor. It is certainly frustrating me that people appear to dismiss him for trivial reasons.

ReputationRep:
    You're not the only one. I find him quite interesting so far and will at least wait until I've seen an entire episode (possibly an entire series so they can test his mettle with more things) before judging him.

This^^

I admit, I judged him from the start, but now I'm going to give him a go and just wait and see how the first series go.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also mindful that it will probably be quite different from the past few years. I suppose there's a reason behind the BBC calling it Series 1!

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited for these 'changes' with new conceptions through arriving writers. Doctor Who was seeming to become repetitive (evident in declining quality, in my opinion). :P

(Original post by LastLordofTime)
    You're not the only one. I find him quite interesting so far and will at least wait until I've seen an entire episode (possibly an entire series so they can test his mettle with more things) before judging him.
    :ditto: People are being too harsh on him.

I saw the trailer in 3D when I went to watch Alice in Wonderland. :mmm:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.