The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Original post by Malevolent
Oh god if he missed it 98 playoffs all over again aha

Chuffing hell '98? I definitely didn't know what American Football was then... how old are you? 30!
Original post by Wattsy
Chuffing hell '98? I definitely didn't know what American Football was then... how old are you? 30!

18... :laugh:
Reply 4842
Just glad the Giants didn't make it.
Original post by 419
Just glad the Giants didn't make it.

Me too Eli Manning Elite? :laugh:
Reply 4844
Original post by Malevolent
18... :laugh:

Now that is a dedicated fan. I thought I had good football knowledge by English standards but it appears some people are in a whole other ballpark!

In other news Will McAvoy (Fictional News Anchor) has come up with the best Petersen related twitter quote thus far!

Will McAvoy on AP.jpg
:frown:
Original post by Wattsy
Now that is a dedicated fan. I thought I had good football knowledge by English standards but it appears some people are in a whole other ballpark!

In other news Will McAvoy (Fictional News Anchor) has come up with the best Petersen related twitter quote thus far!

Will McAvoy on AP.jpg

Some might call it sad but love watching older games and just learning more
If your team isn't in the playoffs, who do you guys want to win the SB?
Reply 4848
Original post by The Assassin

Seattle, but obviously unlikely. Probably Denver if I had to choose from the rest.
as a back up packers fan, i'm so disappointed. *Sigh*
Reply 4850
Original post by The Assassin

Definately rooting for the Colts and the Seahawks.
Can't get over the Colts this season. Been watching every game and it's just been emotional, magical... It's hard to find the words. Andrew Luck holding onto the ball too long has been infuriating at times, but then he'll throw a ball like he did on 3rd and 23 which will result in me pointing at the screen and just screaming! My word, it's just been brilliant. And all the while, I have a close friend who supports the Patriots (and, as such, hates the Colts!), so there's been ample opportunity to annoy her like crazy about it! Hahaha.

It's been funny to see her opinion of Luck change over the season. The guy threw a lot of picks and had a few fumbles, but you can't argue with results and he gets them! If he learns from his mistakes this year (which is a crazy thing to say after an 11-5 season), he's going to be absolutely unreal - especially if the Colts do what's necessary to upgrade the offensive line in the offseason.
I enjoyed the Vikings clinch their play-off spot yesterday against Green Bay. Good times. Go Vikings!
Original post by ..DT..
Definately rooting for the Colts and the Seahawks.

Yeah the Seahawks have done great this season.
I want the 49ers to win, but I think Denver will
Really wanted the Vikings to miss the kick at the end;

1) I'm a Packers fan.

2) I wanted to see Peterson break that record.
I'd love the Seahawks to win the SB. It would be a great underdog/misfit story.
Original post by mobius323
Can't get over the Colts this season. Been watching every game and it's just been emotional, magical... It's hard to find the words. Andrew Luck holding onto the ball too long has been infuriating at times, but then he'll throw a ball like he did on 3rd and 23 which will result in me pointing at the screen and just screaming! My word, it's just been brilliant. And all the while, I have a close friend who supports the Patriots (and, as such, hates the Colts!), so there's been ample opportunity to annoy her like crazy about it! Hahaha.

It's been funny to see her opinion of Luck change over the season. The guy threw a lot of picks and had a few fumbles, but you can't argue with results and he gets them! If he learns from his mistakes this year (which is a crazy thing to say after an 11-5 season), he's going to be absolutely unreal - especially if the Colts do what's necessary to upgrade the offensive line in the offseason.

I support the Patriots but i quite like the Colts haha, I miss having a rivalry with them but never in a hostile way. The only person i dislike is Manning and thats cause hes shoved down peoples throats. Colts next season have a lot of money to play with in the off season. Upgrade that O-line and give Luck a few more weapons and bam 1-2 seasons you got a bowl contender! Luck has been magnificent.
Reply 4858
Definitely want Seattle to go on and win the Super Bowl.
Original post by Engles
Definitely want Seattle to go on and win the Super Bowl.

No it would be better for the colts to reach the super bowl.

Latest