24.74%
Tom (125)
43.55%
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There were some ugly *******s in the early episodes.
ShinyT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why is apprentice always near exam time !!!
najinaji
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh, Tom is so sweet! Clapping for the other team... aww.
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
... i run a global consultancy business. :elmo:
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Reformed2010)
... i run a global consultancy business. :elmo:
lol that line always makes me laugh.

The truth about her business is that the only thing 'global' about it is she travels to various countries to give presentations and hold seminars/workshops in hotel conference rooms.

Her business employs 3 people; her, her sister and a web designer (outsourced contract).

Hardly global.

However, she is making quite a lot of money, and because it's a business that she can sustain with the service she alone provides she gets practically the whole share of the fees charged.
Complex Simplicity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)

The truth about her business is that the only thing 'global' about it is she travels to various countries to give presentations and hold seminars/workshops in hotel conference rooms.

Her business employs 3 people; her, her sister and a web designer (outsourced contract).

Hardly global.

However, she is making quite a lot of money, and because it's a business that she can sustain with the service she alone provides she gets practically the whole share of the fees charged.
how much does she make?
angryvivo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Glennie)
Nah, promise I won't say anything. I'd be furious if someone ruined the final for me, so I won't do the same to anyone else. I read over my contribution several times to make sure I didn't accidentally mention genders or anything that could have given the winner away.
please please pm me the winner, i love you
emmanottinghil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Hardly global.

So often Apprentice candidates come out with silly things like this. My fave in this series was Melody being, what was it, hand-reared by the Dalai Lama and Bishop Tutu? Something like that.

Interesting that in the poll, TSR people now think that Tom is going to win. This seems unlikely to me.
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
Ahhh, dear, sweet Tom :love: Glad he's in the final.
.Scout.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I wonder if anyone could help....
I've been backpacking for the past month or so and have therefore missed alot of the Apprentice. Anyone know of any sites online where I can catch up on the episodes that I missed...?
InvisibleGInger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
Ahhh, dear, sweet Tom :love: Glad he's in the final.
Nice pic
nosnibor
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sure somebody has said this before, but wasn't MyPy just a complete blatant copy of Urban Pie? I mean, it's EXACTLY the same! The food is identical and they even serve it in those cardboard boxes.

Although looking on their website (http://www.urbanpie.co.uk/) they only have it in Birmingham and Leicester so I guess it's plausible that they had never heard of it.....maybe....
tehFrance
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosnibor)
I mean, it's EXACTLY the same!
No it isn't, the branding is different and that counts (that and quality).

What about McDonalds and Burger King are they the same?
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emmanottinghil)
Interesting that in the poll, TSR people now think that Tom is going to win. This seems unlikely to me.
They couldn't justify it with hard facts and logical reasoning though.

His place in the final is barely justifiable.

But he's nice and 'sweet' so you know, on that grounds, a person deserves to win 250k investment for business.

I'm sure the potential clients of his business will really care about how nice and sweet he is, because as we all know, that is what matters in the real world :rolleyes:
nosnibor
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
No it isn't, the branding is different and that counts (that and quality).

What about McDonalds and Burger King are they the same?
For the purposes of the Apprentice, it's the same. It's not exactly an original idea...but maybe they don't get any credit for originality so that doesn't matter?

McDonalds and Burger King are incredibly similar - no, not exactly the same, but if they'd come up with Burger King on the Apprentice when McDonalds already existed they'd have been shot down pretty quickly.
original_username
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They couldn't justify it with hard facts and logical reasoning though.

His place in the final is barely justifiable.

But he's nice and 'sweet' so you know, on that grounds, a person deserves to win 250k investment for business.

I'm sure the potential clients of his business will really care about how nice and sweet he is, because as we all know, that is what matters in the real world :rolleyes:
I nominate you for ambassador of team Tom
georgiaaaxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tom is adorable! i would love him to win, but sadly I don't think that will be the case. I think Jim and Helen will be good at talking themselves out of the problems they will face in the interviews, whereas Tom and Susan could flounder.
but thats just my predictions, who knows?!
i'm so excited for the final! i honestly don't know who will win, though I hope it's not Susan - I don't know why but she irritates me SO MUCH.
but i can't justify why so I'm being a bit unfair but never mind :P
TheBritishBloke
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Strangely enough, look who I bumped into outside Westfield shopping centre the other day (They were filming Junior Apprentice):
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheBritishBloke)
Strangely enough, look who I bumped into outside Westfield shopping centre the other day (They were filming Junior Apprentice):
I AM SO JEALOUS LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE

Nick is like, my hero :love: What did he saaaaay?!
LaurenHA
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by angryvivo)
please please pm me the winner, i love you
could you please PM the winner aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads