Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    Edexcel Triple Science - Walk in the park
    I agree with you on B3! However... C3 and P3 were extremely challenging, I'm glad I'm only going on to study human biology and psychology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benathletics)
    I agree with you on B3! However... C3 and P3 were extremely challenging, I'm glad I'm only going on to study human biology and psychology!
    I found P3 the hardest out of them all, but Chemistry and Biology are my two best subjects so I found them great. Good luck to you on thursday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    guys, is there any subject easier than physics at AS Level? Please advice like really something easier than that because for medicine Biology and Chemistry are the main subjects so i need one more and i am not too sure about physics
    Thanks
    Physics is great though, I'm hopefully going to take it for AS and A2, you could look at what Universities are asking for, and which of them subjects fit in with the option blocks you have to work around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Haha yea! There was one point where I was considering physics instead of psychology (Maths isn't my strongest subject) but then decided against it as I've realised that neither maths nor physics are really compulsory and it depends on the uni. Do you like maths?
    Nope, I like maths, when I can do it, which is never. I had tutoring through GCSE, so A level was kinda out of the question tbh.
    Ive spoken to some junior doctors and loads of them didn't have maths, so I am reassured.
    What unis are you thinking for dentistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperMonkey69)
    Well, I was originally on the Modular course, however I messed up the exam in January 2012(Only got a B) and a majority of the class fail anyway. The papers are quite weird, the first 2/3rds of the paper is usually fairly easy then BAM they hit you with 3 or 4 tough 6 markers. The school hardly helped my case for an A*/A by waiting until the last minute to sit the exam rather than let us have a pop in January/November and allowing us to re-sit if needed.
    I had a look at the AQA papers and compared to Edexcel, I found the Edexcel ones easier (especially as you only have to do 2 papers); the questions for us are normally straight forward (you either know what they want you to do, method-wise or you don't)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I found P3 the hardest out of them all, but Chemistry and Biology are my two best subjects so I found them great. Good luck to you on thursday!
    Thanks a lot! You too!

ReputationRep:
    I found the physical geography paper a lot easier than the human geography paper! One question in the human paper was silly... it went something like 'List 2 external factors that will affect tourism' what did you do for that? (if you remember.) If my memory serves me well I put weather and advertisements. Also, the case study about a country whose development has been hindered by a natural hazard was a stupid question!
    Yes human was definately harder/had more weird questions! Umm I put terroism and exchange rates - we'd covered that exact question in class and got told to write those two things if it came up! But yes some of the case study questions...:hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    In my enrollment information pack it says that you don't have to take your parents so maybe you could go without your parents and choose the subjects you want to do.
    You almost read my mind :laugh:
    I'm just going to pick the options I want and tell my parents as I'm an external student coming into the school, I didn't get into some of the subjects (that I didn't want to do) as they prioritized their students choices over mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    are you gonna go to school to get them?
    Yeah i am, gonna just take them and open it in private somehwere

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the Edexcel triple science exams or the AQA Geography exams? If so, how did everyone find them?
    I did Edexcel Triple Science

B3: Good Paper! I really liked that one
    C3: Harder than B3, some challenging questions, but doable
    P3: :cry2: I thought it went awful! The equations were horrible. I could have cried coming out of that exam!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    You almost read my mind :laugh:
    I'm just going to pick the options I want and tell my parents as I'm an external student coming into the school, I didn't get into some of the subjects (that I didn't want to do) as they prioritized their students choices over mine
    What subjects you want to do compared to what your parents want? If that's okay to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)

P3: :cry2: I thought it went awful! The equations were horrible. I could have cried coming out of that exam!

How about you?
    I felt the exact same way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)

How about you?
    B3: That was the best paper out of all the summer exams! The majority of the questions were simple and straight forward... just one question! It was something about the behaviour of an animal and I put 'innate!' ;c Glad it was only a 1 mark question!
    C3: I agree it was doable, but some questions were extremely challenging.
    P3: I found that awful! The calculations and equations were A-level standard! E.G. Find the speed of an electron travelling at 23x10 to the power of 23 or something... Ridiculous!

I'm so glad I only need an E grade in the triple science exams to come out with a B grade in Chemistry and Physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKrA97)
    I felt the exact same way
    I second that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKrA97)
    What subjects you want to do compared to what your parents want? If that's okay to ask
    My dad thinks A-Levels are a walk in the park (born in the era of O-Levels.)
    I've got them to agree with me doing Chem, English Lit, Maths (E+ M=influenced by them, but Im fairly good at them)
    They want me to do Biology and possibly Physics
    But I want to do History as I enjoy it- they do not see it as an A-Level worth having as in their opinion it is not respected enough

ReputationRep:
    B3: That was the best paper out of all the summer exams! The majority of the questions were simple and straight forward... just one question! It was something about the behaviour of an animal and I put 'innate!' ;c Glad it was only a 1 mark question!
    C3: I agree it was doable, but some questions were extremely challenging.
    P3: I found that awful! The calculations and equations were A-level standard! E.G. Find the speed of an electron travelling at 23x10 to the power of 23 or something... Ridiculous!

I'm so glad I only need an E grade in the triple science exams to come out with a B grade in Chemistry and Physics!
    It was absolutely ridiculous! Everyone who took that exam came out really disheartened. Hopefully the grade boundaries are in our favour!

Me too, I need a low grade to do well overall so I hope everything turns out OK

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    I have this horrible feeling of failing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakbo2)
    Yeah i am, gonna just take them and open it in private somehwere
    i know everyone will bug me so i guess i'll do that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    I have this horrible feeling of failing
    Don't, your mind does this to you as you come up to results day, it makes you think you done crap

And for some reason it reminds you of all the small mistakes you made....
    Happened to me last year as well!

Terrible feeling! :mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    I either think I'm going to do exceptionally well, or fail miserably.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.