Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_floyd)
    Hey! I feel like I'm in a slightly similar situation as I'm studying in Asia so find it v difficult to attend ACs. After having spoken to firms, the majority seem to be really understanding if you have legitimate reasons not to be able to make the ACs so I don't think it will ruin your chances!
    I would probably ring them (more personal) so that you can fully get your enthusiasm for the firm across and emphasis that not being able to attend is not a reflection of your interest ect.
    They are definitely interested in you as a candidate if you've got to the AC stage, so suggesting alternatives (such as whether you could be considered for insight scheme if this is a possibility) could be a good course of action!

Good luck!
    Thank you for your help! I will phone the firm to explain. Its such a difficult situation because I really do like the firm I have an AC with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat - they've definitely filled their schemes but it's just a bit rude not to have sent anything. I mean, how long does it really take to write an email?

Have a look in the post. Their recruitment budget is apparently way too high so they waste money and paper sending out rejections in the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Thank you for your help! I will phone the firm to explain. Its such a difficult situation because I really do like the firm I have an AC with
    Why not try and make the AC, then see if you get the VS - if you do, then think what to do then - you could ask your work to see what they say - or you could ring the firm then. If you ring the firm once you have been offered the VS, then you will be in a stronger position than now.

A VS is a very good chance at a TC and unless you have many VS and are a tip top candidate who is going to walk into a TC, then try and get to the AC. You will learn and become better at the exercises, which will help you in the future. You probably only have to take half a day off. How do you know your current firm won't let you go unless you ask them?

I just think, if you have a shot at a VS with a firm you really like, try and take the shot!! You might not get another shot

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what is happening with the Edwards applications?

Are they still going to consider people who applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstuden808)
    Has anyone heard from macfarlanes? Have a feeling its PFO because i did it on the deadline, and its been a while :/
    Still waiting to hear myself. Apparently they have filled their spaces and are holding applications that they are still interested in should anyone who has an offer decline. Not sure if that's entirely true but someone mentioned that on earlier pages on this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happyinthehaze)
    Why not try and make the AC, then see if you get the VS - if you do, then think what to do then - you could ask your work to see what they say - or you could ring the firm then. If you ring the firm once you have been offered the VS, then you will be in a stronger position than now.

A VS is a very good chance at a TC and unless you have many VS and are a tip top candidate who is going to walk into a TC, then try and get to the AC. You will learn and become better at the exercises, which will help you in the future. You probably only have to take half a day off. How do you know your current firm won't let you go unless you ask them?

I just think, if you have a shot at a VS with a firm you really like, try and take the shot!! You might not get another shot
    100% this. What's more important, spending an extra day at work (in a job you're presumably happy to leave for a TC elsewhere) or half a day at an assessment centre which could prove vital in getting that TC? Get your priorities straight I say & get on the AC. By hook or by crook.

ReputationRep:
    Vac scheme offer Bond Dickinson !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm182)
    Anyone know what is happening with the Edwards applications?

Are they still going to consider people who applied?
    Is this for Edwards Wildman? You needed to have submitted 'Why Cooley' instead but the app otherwise was exactly the same. I think their VS deadline was Monday though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legal_nyx)
    Is this for Edwards Wildman? You needed to have submitted 'Why Cooley' instead but the app otherwise was exactly the same. I think their VS deadline was Monday though.
    Yes I think they transferred their application system to Cooley, did anyone apply for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruit-twist)
    Yes I think they transferred their application system to Cooley, did anyone apply for them?
    Yeah I did. I went to the open day last year so thought I would submit an app. Haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

My internet is back up and running so I will be back posting regularly on my blog again! Please feel free to check it out if you need any help/advice! https://futuretrainee.wordpress.com/

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmac92)
    Hi really sorry to hear about your mishcon PFO. I've got a video interview to do with them by Monday, would it be ok to ask what sort of questions they ask?
    Hi, have U done your video interview for mishcon? Could you shed some light on the sort of questions they ask? Mine is coming up. Much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hill Dickinson?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Is anyone still waiting to hear from Charles Russell Speechlys? I've heard nothing since I sent my application (on the deadline). Their confirmation email says everyone will receive a response but it's been nearly two months now..
    I haven't heard anything either. I read on some of the earlier pages that people have been sent tests so I'm just assuming that I'll be sent a rejection at some point. I tried emailing their trainee recruitment team but I just got an email back saying it couldn't be sent and that the email address didn't exist. Guess we'll just have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    Berwin Leighton Paisner Summer Vac Scheme Offer - Better Late than never
    Congratulations! When did you have your AC?

ReputationRep:
    Trowers and Hamlins offer! Super happy!

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from sidley post interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_23)
    Yay! Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_23)
    Congrats! How did you find the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear from Travers Smith... anyone received anything?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.