Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micah Richards)
    It's disgraceful how you have to bring up the fact that you're a descendant of a holocaust survivor

Thanks for posting that video. What an honourable man.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see but wouldn't that be more of a displaced persons / refugee camp? Nb: just because I support israel doesn't mean I agree with everything that every Israeli politician says and I think this guy is wrong. But I think the term concentration camp has been used inappropriately by the daily mail

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    But when I watched the Hamas propaganda videos they said that they want to attack Israel and cleanse it. Search on google you will find the videos. They said they will not stop until Israel has been taken over. They want to kill everyone there so surely Israel are trying to prevent that are they not?
    Yes I know that; Hamas believes that Zionists do not have the right to be there, and that Israel will never be a state, because as you know Zionists took Palestine as an exchange ... in the world war, and that's what the east refused !! Hamas is now attacking Israel but it won't be able to destroy it... Israel is way powerful and that's what makes the thing a Genocide! Israel is making steps further in order to kill as much civilians as it could and take control of Gaza ... it's a race between both sides and Gaza is paying!!

ReputationRep:
    How is this a concentration camp? It's border control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    Please I actually think you have intelligence unlike some of the other pro-Palestine supporters who post with emotional responses rather than factual. So please do not be naive. Establishing a new nation is not as simple as you made it look and I think you know this, if you don't Ill lose a lot of respect for your opinion.

Ill point out 1% of the issues it comes with as we have not got all day. For instance you have to consider the needs of the host nation whose citizens could be directly or indirectly affected by this. Do we take over existing agricultural land, urban settlements or just natural habitats. Do the migrating Israelites have to rebuild from scratch or are they given ready made settlements? Who will fund this?

They will have to draw up new diplomatic agreements, trade agreements, UN and possibly EU agreements. Now they are within EU borders do they comply with EU trade agreements? They will need to establish new passport controls and draw up border controls.

providing they establish a new airport they will have to draw up flight paths and build an air to air communication system with surrounding nations.

How will we create the transition from a military and recourse based economy to one more financial, goods and investment orientated. Did you know Israel makes a large proportion of its economic output and input from the research and trade of armed goods and military hardware. Israel currently has major projects with nations like India, Russia, USA and China how do we tell china for example that they will lose investment.

have you considered the oil and water trade Israel currently had with Turkey. How will Turkey cope when they lose one of their largest trading partners.

I have only touched the surface of the amount of issues it has so please before I lose all respect for you don't tell me it will be easy.
    And therein has lay the problem of this conflict...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahmshaya)
    Firstly I'm not a survivor I am the descendant of one. And I don't see why it's disgraceful to explain why I feel a certain way about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because your bloodline and experiences have nothing to do with morality or logic.

ReputationRep:
    It seems some people have misunderstood me. I did not mean to 'use' the Holocaust as a 'justification' for anything. I simply thought that the term concentration camp had been inappropriately used on this occasion and was a subversion of what Feiglin actually meant. Not that I agree with what he did mean. So I think you should all chill a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because your bloodline and experiences have nothing to do with morality or logic.
    Do you have an actual point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Do you have an actual point?
    That next time she come into a discussion armed with logic and morality, not 'I'm a descendant of a holocaust survivor therefore I am offended'.

ReputationRep:
    How is this a concentration camp? It's border control.
    :rolleyes:

noun
    noun: concentration camp; plural noun: concentration camps

a place in which large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labour or to await mass execution.

ReputationRep:
    It seems some people have misunderstood me. I did not mean to 'use' the Holocaust as a 'justification' for anything. I simply thought that the term concentration camp had been inappropriately used on this occasion and was a subversion of what Feiglin actually meant. Not that I agree with what he did mean. So I think you should all chill a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bro, seems like you are quite inexperienced at hasbara. You are meant to agree with everything that Zionists say and do. No matter how stupid or offensive they are, and no matter who or how many people are killed. Zionists are always right, and they need to be defended on the Interweb.

ReputationRep:
    UK's arms export licenses, worth $13 billion, is under review.

ReputationRep:
    That next time she come into a discussion armed with logic and morality, not 'I'm a descendant of a holocaust survivor therefore I am offended'.
    She did though, she said she saw no evidence what the article claimed being linked to the facebook comments.

(Original post by n00)
    So where is this happening in Israel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    There was absolutely no mention of inadequate facilities or forced labour or mass execution. It is all a case of over dramatising a pretty standard (nevertheless unpleasant) piece of right wing rhetoric which will never actually happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So where is this happening in Israel?
    Seriously? Try following the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I'm not a survivor I am the descendant of one. And I don't see why it's disgraceful to explain why I feel a certain way about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's an appeal to emotion and not founded in logic and reason. The fact that you are descended from a person who was in a concentration camp doesn't have any bearing on this issue we are discussing and bringing it up is a cheap shot at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    UK's arms export licenses, worth $13 billion, is under review.
    Israel should review licences to the UK for their crimes in Iraq & Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    There was absolutely no mention of inadequate facilities
    They would be living in tents for a start.

or forced labour or mass execution.
    a place in which large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labour or to await mass execution.
    I believe he was also calling for the mass execution of any that refused to be imprisoned in these camps

ReputationRep:
    She did though, she said she saw no evidence what the article claimed being linked to the facebook comments.
    And then went on to play the 'offended' card.

So I told her what she did wrong.

This is a discussion, not a 'be sympathetic to me because of my bloodline' exchange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    And therein has lay the problem of this conflict...
    Do I also take that as admittance the solution you put forth was not "simple" and basically unpractical?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.