Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)
    Thank you so much for your comments!! I did the entire 1000q book a month before but found it to be a bit too hard really and I plowed through it unhappily and just for the sake of getting to the end. The mock in it was also a lot harder than the day. So for a couple of weeks I did 1.5 - 2hrs a day of this and other various technique learning from last year's Kaplan course book that someone lent to me (I'm very particular and time every second I revise on a timer, any breaks aren't included in the time because I feel that's not a true indication of the work I've done haha). Then with two - three weeks to go I upped it to 3hrs+ day and signed up to Medify - completed every single question in every category almost before doing mocks. Completing all the practice questions on this took me about a week and a bit so then for the last few days before the test I just struggled around to find resources and redid some old questions!! But 860/900 on AR was a huge surprise, it seems pretty high!! When's yours?
    Oh and also, as an indication, I think I revised for around 60 hours completely by the clock over the course of just under a month, and then maybe + 10 hours general introduction before this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)
    Oh and also, as an indication, I think I revised for around 60 hours completely by the clock over the course of just under a month, and then maybe + 10 hours general introduction before this.
    wow that's amazing stuff! Mine is in 11 days and I only started going over stuff a few days ago... (I know I shouldn't have left it this late but my dad was in hospital for sometime and so I couldn't actually do any work ) I've done the vr section from the isc book and going to go through the questions on medify. I'm planning to do 7-10 hours a day before my test.. do you think this will be enough? Also do you have any tips with regards to the different sections at all? Thanks in advance!!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    wow that's amazing stuff! Mine is in 11 days and I only started going over stuff a few days ago... (I know I shouldn't have left it this late but my dad was in hospital for sometime and so I couldn't actually do any work ) I've done the vr section from the isc book and going to go through the questions on medify. I'm planning to do 7-10 hours a day before my test.. do you think this will be enough? Also do you have any tips with regards to the different sections at all? Thanks in advance!!*
    Hey don't worry about having a short time left. I've spoken to many who had around 2 weeks too and they got great scores. They just managed to revise many hours a day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)
    Hey, do you mind if you let me know some of the kaplan stuff you were learning please? It would help a lot!
    P.m me if you don't want to post it on here or something.
    thans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    You still have plenty of time!! 7 - 10 hours a day may be a bit excessive but if you think you need it and can handle it, why not?

Do you know how to pm on this and you can ask me whatever questions you want? Saves me writing such big responses here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Hey don't worry about having a short time left. I've spoken to many who had around 2 weeks too and they got great scores. They just managed to revise many hours a day!
    I agree; as long as practice is attempted in some way, shape, or form!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)
    You still have plenty of time!! 7 - 10 hours a day may be a bit excessive but if you think you need it and can handle it, why not?

Do you know how to pm on this and you can ask me whatever questions you want? Saves me writing such big responses here!
    Oh, and I'm sorry to hear about your dad; I understand it's hard to revise at such a time. But now you're here and clearly willing to give it a great go, and so that's brilliant!

I hope he's better now/will be very soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Hey, do you mind if you let me know some of the kaplan stuff you were learning please? It would help a lot!
    P.m me if you don't want to post it on here or something.
    thans
    Hi, if you pm me I'll send some of the stuff I used generally? I don't know how to pm I'm a rookie here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)

I think I pm'ed you.. I'm new to all this too 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)
    Well, I finally sat my UKCAT yesterday and I am surprised beyond words with the result!

VR - 650
    QR - 750
    AR - 860
    SJ - Band One

So pleased with that; is it considered to be a good score?
    That is an amazing score! Well done mate hard work pays off. 60+ hours... You deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sullyomo)
    That is an amazing score! Well done mate hard work pays off. 60+ hours... You deserve it!
    Oh thank you, have many on here got around that average? Think it's about 753! And yeah 60+ hours had now been worth it!! Thanks so much mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    Hi I sat my UKCAT today and I did well;

VR:550 (Really hard for me, computer was like 28" and text was squished vertically and stretched horizontally,dpmo)
    QR:830 (Kinda easy, skipped two sets and some questions)
    AR:820 (Nice patterns for me aha)
    SJT: Band 2 (Dont be complacent, they bombard you with chunky paragraphs and only ask two questions, dpmo, I was left with time (3mins) to check my answers up to half way I reckon)

Average:733.33

Im a Gap Year student wanting to study Dentistry;
    GCSE's: 1A* 10A 2B (Eng Lang)
    Alevel A*AA Maths,Bio,Chem respectively

where can I apply?
    Thanks
    Amazing score buddy!!!! That is absolutely stunning! I have no doubt a smart guy like you will get in now, I really hope you do!

I'm a hopeful medic.

How similar was each individual section of Medify compared to exam? Was Medify more similar or official mocks? And lastly, what scores roughly were you getting on medify if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, just so worried because I am aiming for 700 yet got 552 in a practice and literally ended up in tears :'(

Great stuff though once again!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    all the patterns I know are from;
    medify
    uckat practice mocks
    ukcat ninja
    600 ukcat book

I learnt the acronym SSSPN, Size, Shape, Shade, Position, Number and then remember an extra few such as rotations, angles and the list goes on but its the ones you dont remember which is what you should write down!
    If I got Kaplan and did the 3 mocks from there would that be a good substitute for the ukcat ninja do you think?

ReputationRep:
    should i apply to st andrews with 649 average?

ReputationRep:
    I cant find the medify mock no.1-6. I can only find 3. Someone help please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    I cant find the medify mock no.1-6. I can only find 3. Someone help please
    Medify only has 3 full mocks, kaplan has more I think

ReputationRep:
    For SJ, aim to get as many correct because there is no partial marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikram99)
    For SJ, aim to get as many correct because there is no partial marks
    How do you know? I need those partial marks!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All those who did the actual test was the UKCAT test a complete software or was it in a browser like chrome or something? o.o Cause what if we accidentally close the tab or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niraxas)
    All those who did the actual test was the UKCAT test a complete software or was it in a browser like chrome or something? o.o Cause what if we accidentally close the tab or something...
    software, you won't be able to accidentally close it don't worry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.