Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by facetious)
this university stuff really does mess with minds.. so do you think this coming mondays going to be another rejection day? or will they wait a week... man, this university stuff really does mess with minds..
Next decisions will probably be next Friday, which will probably be rejections I reckon.

Btw you can quote people by clicking on the "quote" button under the post
facetious
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Next decisions will probably be next Friday, which will probably be rejections I reckon.

Btw you can quote people by clicking on the "quote" button under the post

thats alright then, i suppose i should be revising for my exams instead of visiting track every half hour.:rolleyes:

lol thanks, sort of didnt see that, my bad. :p:
Andy the Anarchist
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by T-o dore)
I'll do my friend

course - government and history
grades - 8A* 2A, 5A at AS
Offer - AAA
That at makes me feel better about my rejection, I couldn't have used it even if I'd wanted to (assuming I'd been made an offer of AAA).

Oh, and in case you hadn't read my sig

Rejected for Government and History 12/1/09
leahrox
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Why don't lse reject people who don't meet the entry requirements straight away? I applied early november with predicted AAB for economics (AAA), are lse just notorious for waiting til after the deadline to make practically all decisions...? As you can probably tell this waiting game is driving me crazy!!!!
Kellybaby
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can you move me from the remaining early applicants to the offer list?
Got an offer for pure economics yesterday (AAA plus pass at further maths at AS)
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by grademe)
early applicants without gathered pile emails have still been known to receive offers as late as march, so don't worry
but rare
promugger
Report 10 years ago
Hey everybody, I just want to ask something.

About the GCSE thing...I didnt know that an A* is equivalent to an A1 in my singaporean system (or even in england i dont know) so i left all mine in As...when its supposed to be 5 A*S and 2AS...mmm want to ask: would it hurt my chances at all??

Applying International relations..did IB.
dreamer04
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by token)
People who exceed the entry requirements struggle to get offers.
why???????????
Capocrimini
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dreamer04)
why???????????
Because everyone wants to be a banker and make $$$
Locke54
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by leahrox)
Why don't lse reject people who don't meet the entry requirements straight away? I applied early november with predicted AAB for economics (AAA), are lse just notorious for waiting til after the deadline to make practically all decisions...? As you can probably tell this waiting game is driving me crazy!!!!
They have been known to reject people right at the end of March, I think they're just sadists, having been waiting going on four months now I'm resigned to their sadism, in fact I think I'm starting to understanding their reasoning, I must have Munchhausens :shifty:

They seem to reject/accept based on more than just grades though, PS is a very strong factor, although with a course like Economics which is so oversubbed I think you might struggle to get an offer, although who knows they've done nothing but surprise us these last few months.
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Who is responsible for updating this list? Could you please note that I now have an unconditional offer for Law and Anthropology...
gsc7
Report 10 years ago
i can just feel the rejection creeping lol!
i can't be bothered waiting any longer will they just give it to me now please!!
I knew applying to acc and fin without maths wouldn't be a very good idea but ah well atleast i tried :]
x
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gsc7)
i can just feel the rejection creeping lol!
i can't be bothered waiting any longer will they just give it to me now please!!
I knew applying to acc and fin without maths wouldn't be a very good idea but ah well atleast i tried :]
x
not even at GCSE?
econ0403
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LSE needs to give out offers quicker...
it just kills ppl who've applied...
gsc7
Report 10 years ago
Well i got an A* for maths gcse :]
but that might not be enough coz majority i think have maths at alevel eventhough the requirements for acc and fin say they dont need maths for alevel :/
i thought i would risk it but yeah oh wells!
x
illy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If we still haven't got an offer in 3 months do think its worth sending them an email asking if they've lost the application? lol
Roundabout
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by illy123)
If we still haven't got an offer in 3 months do think its worth sending them an email asking if they've lost the application? lol
If you don't get a reply by April then you can start thinking about emailing them. Until then just sit tight.
illy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Roundabout)
If you don't get a reply by April then you can start thinking about emailing them. Until then just sit tight.
It couldn't hurt.

edit: one would hope
leahrox
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ajp100688)
They have been known to reject people right at the end of March, I think they're just sadists, having been waiting going on four months now I'm resigned to their sadism, in fact I think I'm starting to understanding their reasoning, I must have Munchhausens :shifty:

They seem to reject/accept based on more than just grades though, PS is a very strong factor, although with a course like Economics which is so oversubbed I think you might struggle to get an offer, although who knows they've done nothing but surprise us these last few months.
They must know that they have the power in the situation! However I also have an offer from queen mary's, i want to go to London so i think i'll most likely end up there.
illy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by leahrox)
They must know that they have the power in the situation! However I also have an offer from queen mary's, i want to go to London so i think i'll most likely end up there.
Funny how the best uni in the world for economics has the most laziest admissions tutors.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (17)
47.22%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
36.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise