This discussion is closed.
Fission_Mailed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have to process £26k of stock returns, on my own in the stockroom with nowt but a CD player for company, tomorrow. The end of this week can't come soon enough.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Wangers)
F2 - full registration, take MRCS/P Part 1.

There are some specialties where you can't start the membership exams in foundation... :ninjagirl:

(Original post by Fission_Mailed )
I have to process £26k of stock returns, on my own in the stockroom with nowt but a CD player for company, tomorrow. The end of this week can't come soon enough.
I had a summer job (probably something like 10-12 weeks - long vacations) where my job was to move boxes & boxes of financial notes into a new filing system. So I was sat in one room by myself surrounded my boxes with a radio & periodically walked into another empty room to file away. Makes you appreciate doctor-ing!
Tech
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
Well its my idea so jog on mate. Where's the nearest patent office?

In other news, being a medical student is definitely better than being a plasterer! :sleep:
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tech)

In other news, being a medical student is definitely better than being a plasterer! :sleep:
Ooh, are you a good plasterer? We'll be needing one soon hopefully. :crossedf: I love ceiling roses.
Skwee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tech)

I could do with a plasterer to make my bedroom ceiling look all gorgeous! Pretty please? I'll pay in medical books (those horrible, horrible sciencey ones I had to read back in years 1-2).
ilovehotchocolate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My holiday job plunges me further into geek-dom. I make spreadsheets and word documents for a pensions administration company. I audit large amounts of data, work out where they went wrong and devise ways to fix it for them, as well as being the go to girl for "how do I do mail merges/how do I put page numbers in this document etc..." Have been doing this for 5 yrs now. I started off by putting bits of paper in alphabetical order fior them. Come a long way since then, including 3 promotions
Tech
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Skwee)
I could do with a plasterer to make my bedroom ceiling look all gorgeous! Pretty please? I'll pay in medical books (those horrible, horrible sciencey ones I had to read back in years 1-2).
I'm not quite a master plaster(er).. But I know my way around a drywall, ladies :smug:

Just sorting out the bathroom, there was an electric heater put in there (i mean, really, in a bathroom? :hmmm:) which left a big hole in the wall when it went

(Original post by n1r4v)
I spent hours watching videos once :ninja:. They really are addictive, you feel inspired for a few minutes then crave more
For sure. I once had a TED-day with a friend, because we're just that cool.. :awesome:

(Original post by Elles)
Ooh, are you a good plasterer? We'll be needing one soon hopefully. :crossedf: I love ceiling roses.
They're very pretty Well beyond my league though! Are you doing up the house or moving somewhere new?
Mushi_master
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by malaz_197)
4 days until freedom... I can't bloody wait! I think George's breaks the record for the longest third year there is
Our third year doesn't finish until mid-August
mrs_bellamy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You guys who are working doing boring things with the radio on are lucky, I spent a summer re-arranging files in a room on my own with no windows or radio. Although I did at least have my phone with me, which although it had no signal did have one song on that I listened to on repeat all summer (technically it wasn't even my phone, someone lent it to me, so I had one song of their choice). My friend thought I was a right idiot when I still didn't really get the meaning of the song after a whole summer listening to it.

Last summer I was a cleaner which sucked a bit, but quite fun cos we had radio and cleaned in pairs. It was also actually quite useful, I am shocked how little most students seem to know about cleaning! I feel like an expert now.

Congratulations to the people who have just graduated!
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
There are some specialties where you can't start the membership exams in foundation... :ninjagirl:

I had a summer job (probably something like 10-12 weeks - long vacations) where my job was to move boxes & boxes of financial notes into a new filing system. So I was sat in one room by myself surrounded my boxes with a radio & periodically walked into another empty room to file away. Makes you appreciate doctor-ing!
I just looked up ceiling rose - they look like alot of effort...

In other news, all this week my neighbours have decided to start some sort of DIY project...On the bright side, I won't be able to sleep through my exams...I'm probably going to fail
Mushi_master
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ugh I hate charity folk coming to my door, it's bad enough being stopped on the street being asked for your bank details but when it's your own home and they won't leave it's something else.
Skwee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tech)
I'm not quite a master plaster(er).. But I know my way around a drywall, ladies :smug:

Just sorting out the bathroom, there was an electric heater put in there (i mean, really, in a bathroom? :hmmm:) which left a big hole in the wall when it went
Oooh, a drywall! *faints* What a man!

Oh my Gods, an electric heater in the bathroom? Sounds like the builders were feeling suicidal... :P

(Original post by Mushi_master)
Ugh I hate charity folk coming to my door, it's bad enough being stopped on the street being asked for your bank details but when it's your own home and they won't leave it's something else.
You could try answering the door with red paint (or alternatively, ketchup) on your hands/arms and say "excuse me, sir/ma'am, but I have some unfinished business to attend to...".
Fission_Mailed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Elles)

I'll drink to that. I like having money in the summer, but full time in a shop has proved that medicine was the right choice.
m197
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
is freeeeeeeeeeeeee... well until the resits :/
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Got the analysis of exam results back. lol. Nice try FEO at trying to get me to work over the summer by trying to make anyone who got <5% above the pass mark in any question.

Although apparently I can write essays which is nice.
RollerBall
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My summer job beats all. I work in McDonalds.
ilovehotchocolate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Now that is very true. My double life as a normal working office person sure makes me appreciate my preferred life as a medical student.
m197
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mushi_master)
Our third year doesn't finish until mid-August
oh dear! our year officially finishes on 5th Aug but that's still isn't as bad!
Mushi_master
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mmm just heard the new opeth and mastodon tracks, many likes from me.
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My house next year (hopefully) will have a garden and piano in the 2nd reception room and be a tenner a week less than now :awesome:

I am so not a proper student.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
4.17%
They might tell the bully (5)
10.42%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
18.75%
It might lead to more bullying (17)
35.42%
There's nothing they could do (15)
31.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise