Nice pic
TheBritishBloke
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
I AM SO JEALOUS LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE

Nick is like, my hero :love: What did he saaaaay?!
Nothing much, he was just sat there reading a paper.. Maybe he doesn't do as much as it appears when filming He did call my friend useless though, because he somehow took a blurry picture so I had to go back and ask for another.

He was genuinely nice though, they were selling flowers, so at 1 minute to 7 I offered them a fiver to take the rest off of their hands, started saying it could be the difference between winning and losing.. So hopefully I end up on TV muahaha.
cakesomnom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Complex Simplicity)
tom will win, been convinced about it for a long time. If the winner was to work for lord sugar as an employee like before then helen would be favourite but tom's sheer ingenuity is something that the other's don't have. All teh strengths that helen has, sugar as a partner will be able to supply, what he's looking for is something he doesn't have. Even in this task with the concept of 'MyPy' which was genuinely different from what's in the market, tom demonstrated this ability. If Sugar wanted to fire tom, there's been plenty of opportunities, he's just been waiting for him to develop a backbone which he now has.

Tom ftw

Also guaranteed jim is the one that Margaret calls an ass.
completely agree!
If Tom wasn't meant to win, he would have gone weeks ago when he seriously messed up, but yet he got chance after chance. Last week showed how great he is, it's just taken this long for Tom to stand up for himself and his point of view.
TOM FTW!
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Complex Simplicity)
how much does she make?
1) Ask Companies House

or

2) Educated guess

Fact: none of these candidates earn more than 50k or 100k a year. Anybody with that kind of paycheck can loan 250.000 pounds for a business and doesn't need LS for his blessing.

Furthermore: Melody's business bascially is a motivational/ public speaking business. Every line of business has guideline amounts you could earn. Public speaking usually get 500 to 5000 pounds per venue, depending on popularity or the number of people attending. Maybe she has got 6 to 12 of these venues booked each year. So i'd reckon anywhere between 20k and 50k, if it's run properly. Plus this result may vary year/on/year since people won't book in poor economic conditions.

So concluding: anywhere between barely self-sufficient and 50k IMO.
malvika111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by .Scout.)
Hey, I wonder if anyone could help....
I've been backpacking for the past month or so and have therefore missed alot of the Apprentice. Anyone know of any sites online where I can catch up on the episodes that I missed...?
Pretty sure all the episodes are on BBC Iplayer
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry if this has already been asked but there's 244 pages to search through!

When was the winner actually announced? Because the final four were on This Morning on Thursday and they said they didn't know who'd won then. So has it been filmed now? And the clip at the end of Weds ep when Alan Sugar said you're hired..was that just fake? Confused!
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
read this on another forum:

Lee McQueen said on BBC Breakfast that in old style Apprentice Helen would have won, hands down. However, he reckoned Tom and Suzie now had the best chances.

Interesting, because he would know what makes LS tick.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If anyone here spoke to Alan Sugar in real life (not in an Apprentice scenario) would any of you actually call him Lord Alan etc?
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
If anyone here spoke to Alan Sugar in real life (not in an Apprentice scenario) would any of you actually call him Lord Alan etc?
Yes. From the interviews i saw he is very proud of his title. Perhaps in very private no. But for us mortals it's Lord Sugar.

And it's Ms Mountford :adore:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
Yes. From the interviews i saw he is quite proud on his title. So... perhaps in very private no. But for us mortals it's Lord Sugar.

And it's Ms Mountford :adore:
I wouldn't bother calling him it if I am honest :dontknow: It wouldn't bother me how proud of it he was. I would probably find it funnier if it annoyed him that I refused to call him Lord :mmm:
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
No, to me he is just another man. He has no authority or anything over me, why wouldn't i call him Alan?
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
I wouldn't bother calling him it if I am honest :dontknow: It wouldn't bother me how proud of it he was. I would probably find it funnier if it annoyed him that I refused to call him Lord :mmm:
He would ignore you IMO.

of course i understand what you mean, i would prefer to call him Alan as well. But both he and Ms Mountford are old school. There's plenty of interviews which prove this. As common courtesy, i always call people by the name they prefer. If they return the favor, you get a better working relationship out of that.
LilMonster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Helen is like the safest one and level headed.
Jim is just HOT
Susan gets looked down ALOT but she's actually doing really good for her age
Tom is just insecure and likes to look good in Lord Sugar's face.
emmanottinghil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
No, to me he is just another man. He has no authority or anything over me, why wouldn't i call him Alan?
If i was asking him for a job, i would call him "sir" and "M'Lord".
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheBritishBloke)
Nothing much, he was just sat there reading a paper.. Maybe he doesn't do as much as it appears when filming He did call my friend useless though, because he somehow took a blurry picture so I had to go back and ask for another.

He was genuinely nice though, they were selling flowers, so at 1 minute to 7 I offered them a fiver to take the rest off of their hands, started saying it could be the difference between winning and losing.. So hopefully I end up on TV muahaha.
Aww Nick is awesome. That's nice you helped out the team, although I'm assuming you just want to get on TV amirite?! :ahee:
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
It's called 'respect'.
TheBritishBloke
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Aww Nick is awesome. That's nice you helped out the team, although I'm assuming you just want to get on TV amirite?! :ahee:
They didn't take the £5, so I hope they lose by £5 and then AS says "I hear someone offered you £5 at the end of the task, why didn't you take it?" Muahahah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's called 'respect'.
No, if im not looking for any sort of formal agreement with him, then its almost as pointless as calling an army officer by their title when on holiday with them...
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
No, if im not looking for any sort of formal agreement with him, then its almost as pointless as calling an army officer by their title when on holiday with them...
But you wouldn't be on holiday with him. Even if you met in an informal setting, you'd still need to address him with a modicum of respect. You don't know him intimately, you're not his friend, it's "Lord Sugar."

(Although I must say if I met any of the royal family I wouldn't do the same for them, but the Lord seems like a good guy ).
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Wouldn't in be Lord Sugar?

If it was somewhere I'd want to be polite, then yes. If it was just passing him in the street I'd probably stick with my traditional Big Al.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads