Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nick Barmby

Ozil or Luka Modric

ReputationRep:
    Ozil

Bergkamp or Van Basten

ReputationRep:
    Bit too young to see Van Basten playing, but from what I've read/seen, I'll go with him (which may not be enough but meh). Bergkamp was a class player don't get me wrong, but it seemed to be one of those cases where van Basten had that little extra that not many others had. Also had an immense record.

Baines or Cole? I'd like to your reasoning too (to whoever answers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Bit too young to see Van Basten playing, but from what I've read/seen, I'll go with him (which may not be enough but meh). Bergkamp was a class player don't get me wrong, but it seemed to be one of those cases where van Basten had that little extra that not many others had. Also had an immense record.

Cole. Better at defending and is good attacking. At his peak he was defo the best left back in the world.

Not that convinced with Baines defending and compared to Cole he is vastly inferior. But attacking wise baines looks quality for Everton.

Harry Kewell or Patrik Berger?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Berger, what a left foot, and Kewell was such a let down

Mignolet or Reina?

ReputationRep:
    Reina*

Xavi or Pirlo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)

DB vs MVB vs Cruyff is the eternal question in nederlandse voetbal. I think its obvious Cruyff is the best, but for what its worth, he himself said DB was the most technically gifted Dutch footballer of all time. MVB was a pure goalscorer and outscored both, but I'd actually rank him as no.3. Not biased as a half Dutch Arsenal fan at all btw...

(Original post by BallonD'or)
    Reina*

Xavi or Pirlo
    Pirlo

Pirlo or Iniesta

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta.

Koscielny or Vidic.

ReputationRep:
    Vidic

Lahm or Marcelo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    DB vs MVB vs Cruyff is the eternal question in nederlandse voetbal. I think its obvious Cruyff is the best, but for what its worth, he himself said DB was the most technically gifted Dutch footballer of all time. MVB was a pure goalscorer and outscored both, but I'd actually rank him as no.3. Not biased as a half Dutch Arsenal fan at all btw...
    Yeah I agree Cruyff is the #1. Like you said, Van Basten more than did his share as a footballer as he was a top top goalscorer. He seemed to be able to score many different kinds of goals, was a superb poacher and he could find the top corner. Also had good aerial ability Good with either foot had a great first touch and pace to burn. Although yes, Bergkamp himself was a very technical footballer and did have a galvanising effect on Arsenal -- and scored a lot of awesome goals (like the one against Newcastle ). It's difficult tbh. ¯\(°_o)/¯ Definitely would put Bergkamp in my top 5 strikers of the premier league, though.

Unrelated, but btw, did you see my translated notes of Wengers interview?! I spent a decent while typing that out!

ReputationRep:
    Lahm

Evra or Cole

ReputationRep:
    Cole

Maldini or Roberto Carlos

ReputationRep:
    Maldini.

Cafu or Zanetti?

ReputationRep:
    Cafu

Bellamy or Kuyt

ReputationRep:
    Kuyt definitely, his energy knows no bounds, having said that though Bellamy is/was a good player in his prime.

Hernanes or Moutinho?

ReputationRep:
    Moutinho but that's based on the bias fact he is a boss for all my teams in FM and the fact he retweeted me. But he's still a great player.

Gomez or Mandzukic?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.