Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We're not signing Caesar.

ReputationRep:
    Post number 4354 to post 4390.

30th August 2012, the day Arsenal signed Lars Bender.

Enjoy.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ender&page=218

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)

Enjoy.

Oh god, I remember that. Interesting to see how peoples prediction for QPR panned out.

Now, aren't you all glad we didn't go for Mbia.

ReputationRep:

Enjoy.

Moral of the story: don't believe it until Caughtoffside has confirmed it.

How dare we sign a young player, nothing's changing, Wenger out! :mad:

Just kidding. :p: Happy with the signing and looking forward to seeing him play! I haven't been able to follow the U-20s World Cup very closely but it seems he's doing all right with two goals in three games (though I hear France as a collective haven't been doing particularly well...)

On another note, I know some people are happy with the ambition of the Bender bid, but I'm more disappointed at the bid rejection than happy at the bid itself! I didn't really see it coming at all, even though I'd seen the rumours!

ReputationRep:

Enjoy.

Oh God, I predicted QPR to come tenth. :rofl:
    Although tbf I've also said that QPR would eventually crash and burn though. So it's just a matter of time.

ReputationRep:
    So, DM have married Higuain to the wrong women :rofl:

Awesome journalism there

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ice-board.html

Just seen this article on the Daily Mail website and thought it was pretty funny.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but her marrying someone else in January is rather.............

ReputationRep:
    Have Arsenal bought FM favourite Yaya Sanogo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Have Arsenal bought FM favourite Yaya Sanogo?
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    yeah
    Lovely stuff! He wasn't as good on the last one, wonder if Arsene can get him up to FM11 standards :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Lovely stuff! He wasn't as good on the last one, wonder if Arsene can get him up to FM11 standards :daydreaming:
    :daydreaming:

With a bit of soritoutis, he will
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Welcome to Arsenal Yaya Sanogo... Hopefully the start of many more great signings to come It's a humble start, now let's try and get some of the players we've been linked with such as; Higuain, Rooney, Fellaini, Julio Cesar and another crack at Lars Bender! (And other players we may need)

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ogo-joins-club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Welcome to Arsenal Yaya Sanogo... Hopefully the start of many more great signings to come It's a humble start, now let's try and get some of the players we've been linked with such as; Higuain, Rooney, Fellaini, Julio Cesar and another crack at Lars Bender! (And other players we may need)

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ogo-joins-club
    Out of those names I'm only really excited about Higuain, Bender/Fellaini . Dont see why we should pay a washed up GK like Cesar 60k a week when we could sign someone like Adler on lower wages(and Szczesny is fine IMO anyway). Rooney is never happening, not in a million years, his wage demands must be in the 200k range.

Very pleased on how the deadwood cull is shaping up though. 9m for Bendtner/Mannone/Djourou and probably a good 300k freed up in wages thus far. Suspect Chamakh will get released before long as he only has a year left anyway so that'll be another 60k and if we're very lucky, someone will come in for Gervinho too. He tore up Ligue 1 so apparently lots of interest there at 6m ish which would be fantastic.

Our squad looks light in places though. We need a 4th CB obviously and assuming Diaby/Rosicky spend most of the season on the treatment table, I think as well as a DM, we need a CAM too. On the wings we have Walcott, AOC, Podolski so if Gervinho goes another winger would be useful too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Out of those names I'm only really excited about Higuain, Bender/Fellaini . Dont see why we should pay a washed up GK like Cesar 60k a week when we could sign someone like Adler on lower wages(and Szczesny is fine IMO anyway). Rooney is never happening, not in a million years, his wage demands must be in the 200k range.

Very pleased on how the deadwood cull is shaping up though. 9m for Bendtner/Mannone/Djourou and probably a good 300k freed up in wages thus far. Suspect Chamakh will get released before long as he only has a year left anyway so that'll be another 60k and if we're very lucky, someone will come in for Gervinho too. He tore up Ligue 1 so apparently lots of interest there at 6m ish which would be fantastic.
    I think a Rooney deal can happen. Gazidis did say we can afford Rooney. Man U are looking to sell and Rooney wants to leave.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter

I totally agree with you, but don't you think Cesar's performance at the confederations cup was good, he had some good saves? And also because he's older, I thought he might use his experience in the goal. I know loads of people will thumb me down but why can't you see Rooney not happening? That's what a couple of my mates said about Van Persie lol before Man u signed him, so you never know. But in terms of his wage commands that's true the guy want £200k plus! And furthermore, all this talk about Higuain has actually calmed down, i think there is a signing in the process. I did read one article, can't remember if it was by the Daily Mail or The telegraph it said Arsenal are looking to sign Higuain before July 4th before they go on tour so yeahh keep ur eyes out. And by the way what's happening with Andre Santos, is he out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I think a Rooney deal can happen. Gazidis did say we can afford Rooney. Man U are looking to sell and Rooney wants to leave.
    His wages would be 200k at least. Its not a question of affordability but one of Wenger not being enough of a mug to pay him that much as well as a 20m+ fee. Would Utd sell to us anyway? Can only see them forcing him to PSG if he does leave.

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I totally agree with you, but don't you think Cesar's performance at the confederations cup was good, he had some good saves? And also because he's older, I thought he might use his experience in the goal.

. And by the way what's happening with Andre Santos, is he out yet?
    Yeah he did well and looked decent at QPR last year, especially at the Emirates where he was MOTM, but I'm just a bit put off by the fact he's ended up at QPR. Hardly suggests that he was hungry to compete at the top level. Would only take him on a rolling 1y contract as I'd say he was a fairly large chance of becoming dead-wood if he came.

Andre Santos has done the typical Brazilian-football-in-Europe-having-just-turned-30 thing and let himself go. He has absolutely no competitive desire, is embarrassingly overweight and just wants to live it up in London for a few years. Gremio packed him back to us and we're stuck with him. Best thing we can do is bring in huge fines for every kg overweight any player is and try to fine him enough every week to recoup the wages.

ReputationRep:
    Paying one player over 200k+ will only cause discontent within the squad as the next highest paid player is around 100k? Let's not forget how long some of the contract negotiations take as the club takes a hard line approach in trying to reign in the highest earners.

Saying that the club can sign Rooney is a soundbite - to show that the club can be ambitious but in reality Wenger would probably rather sign 2 players on 100k each than one player on 200k.

ReputationRep:
    His wages would be 200k at least. Its not a question of affordability but one of Wenger not being enough of a mug to pay him that much as well as a 20m+ fee. Would Utd sell to us anyway? Can only see them forcing him to PSG if he does leave.
    We would offer him a basic salary of 150k and fill the rest with bonuses and image rights. Wenger has always been an admirer of Rooney and I think AW can get him back to his best. I highly doubt Rooney would go abroad, he's a proper English lad he wouldn't settle abroad. Would Utd sell to Chelsea? Chelsea are direct title challengers.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.