Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by barnetlad)
    The East Berliner Angela Merkel seemed happy to celebrate, and I think at least one of their team was born east of the old divide.
    Kroos is from East Germany and Klose is from Poland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Kroos is from East Germany and Klose is from Poland
    Podolski and Trochowski also Polish. Khedira and Ozil of Turkish extraction. Gomez and Neuer (?) Spanish. Think there's more.

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Podolski and Trochowski also Polish. Khedira and Ozil of Turkish extraction. Gomez and Neuer (?) Spanish. Think there's more.
    If we're talking about the winning team of the night, it's only those two, if talking in general then you can go on for years about where each player is from, nearly all are mixed nationality.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like one of May, Hammond or Hague will go. My money is on Hague to Leader of the House, he would then be freer for the election.

Looking forward to Thursday morning business questions, his wit should shine through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    Sounds like one of May, Hammond or Hague will go. My money is on Hague to Leader of the House, he would then be freer for the election.
    Clarkson, perhaps? I have no idea who those people above are (not just in your post).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Clarkson, perhaps? I have no idea who those people above are (not just in your post).
    Does Theresa, Philip or William come to mind?

EDIT: Seems like I was right

ReputationRep:
    Does Theresa, Philip or William come to mind?
    Yes, Theresa! The two female British politicians that I think of straight away are her and Ashton. The two blokes are the princes, right?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm really surprised to hear that Hague is standing down at the next election, I always thought he'd go on for many more years.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You called it! Surprising announcement though, you do wonder what caused it.

ReputationRep:
    Same as Jarred, I thought he would be a Sir Peter Tapsell.

ReputationRep:
    Given the recent allegations, is it possible Cameron wants to get the 70s/80s lot out of his cabinet lest they end up compromised in the paedophile circle story?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, as so far it has been a cull of middle-aged white men, mostly to young for *that*.

I reckon Hammond to the Foreign Office, IDS to Defence and McVey to DWP.

ReputationRep:
    With senior Tories in safe seats standing down next year the door has just been opened even more to Boris. May to the foreign office wouldn't surprise me, especially with her ambitions to be PM one day and Cameron's plan of giving females more high-profile jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Politisphere)
    With senior Tories in safe seats standing down next year the door has just been opened even more to Boris. May to the foreign office wouldn't surprise me, especially with her ambitions to be PM one day and Cameron's plan of giving females more high-profile jobs.
    I've heard that there is very heavy briefing against that, pretty sure that Hammond will move to the Foreign Office, would make sense with all the defence stuff in the news right now.

Smug moment no.2, got it before the BBC (see above):

22:30: Nick Robinson Political editor

tweets: Minister tells me that Phillip Hammond will be the new Foreign Secretary (so that's why there was talk of IDS going to defence)

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, as so far it has been a cull of middle-aged white men, mostly to young for *that*.

I reckon Hammond to the Foreign Office, IDS to Defence and McVey to DWP.
    What about Fox to the FCO?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will95206)
    What about Fox to the FCO?
    Doubt that he would come back to such a prominent position, especially with Cameron promoting so many females. But who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt that he would come back to such a prominent position, especially with Cameron promoting so many females. But who knows?
    Good point but the Tory Right need appeasing and he might be able to suffice.

Interesting ICM Polls today!

ReputationRep:
    Sad to see by far the best politician in parliament stepping down. That said he got his crack as leader and unlike others he got to pick the position he wanted.

Willets got sold out, he needed a promotion for the work he's done.

Good to see the idiot Patterson gone but sad to see that IDS will now screw our armed forces.

A win for May with her loyal ally Hammond. Also a win for Ukip since Hammond is much more the traditional Tory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will95206)
    Good point but the Tory Right need appeasing and he might be able to suffice.

Interesting ICM Polls today!

IDS and Hammond being promoted should hopefully suffice.

Very interesting polls, crossover is happening much more frequently.

ReputationRep:
    IDS and Hammond being promoted should hopefully suffice.

Very interesting polls, crossover is happening much more frequently.
    More of a side ways move for IDS, at least he can't screw over welfare claimants anymore.

Yup, second time in 3 months for ICM.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.