Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    has anybody else came to a realisation that they're going to be full on adults next year? hail 1998

ReputationRep:
    for anyone doing english edexcel i gcse, those anthology texts, the only one that hasn't come up yet is the climate change one. And in the very last one they did (January 2015) it was the one about the explorers or boys messing about, so it probably definitely won't come up.

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if your two most important A-Levels clashed and you couldn't do them both??
    It hasn't (fortunately) happened to me but it has to some of my friends over the last few weeks, and I honestly have no idea what I'd do in their situation. It sort of makes me wish our school had a blocking system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    What would you do if your two most important A-Levels clashed and you couldn't do them both??
    It hasn't (fortunately) happened to me but it has to some of my friends over the last few weeks, and I honestly have no idea what I'd do in their situation. It sort of makes me wish our school had a blocking system.
    Go somewhere else probably

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dreading starting intense revision in the holidays

ReputationRep:
    Same! My holidays will consist of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Same! My holidays will consist of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by skittles17)
    Dreading starting intense revision in the holidays
    Cannot believe the Easter holidays are here already! It feels surreal that my first exam is so close! Freaking out already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Cannot believe the Easter holidays are here already! It feels surreal that my first exam is so close! Freaking out already
    I know, everything has moved so quickly! All the people I have spoken to say year 11 goes the quickest, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    I know, everything has moved so quickly! All the people I have spoken to say year 11 goes the quickest, though.
    It feels like year 10 was only yesterday, yet it's been almost 8 months! I'm doing homework right now

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone doing for post-GCSE's? Staying on? Apprenticeship? College? Nothing like looking forward to the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanderwoodsen)
    What's everyone doing for post-GCSE's? Staying on? Apprenticeship? College? Nothing like looking forward to the future
    Sixth form, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Sixth form, what about you?
    Same here! I'd been toying around with the possibility of an apprenticeship, at a media or I.T. company, but honestly I think A-Levels are the right option for me. What are you taking/thinking of taking?

ReputationRep:
    At this point in the year, my moods change between: stressed out, not thinking about school and am therefore happy, have accepted my fate for this subject or just want to cry and give up.
    I've lost count of the number of people that have had panic attacks, broken down in tears or have given up this year...
    Is it just our school? Or is it like this everywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oceansandpearls)
    At this point in the year, my moods change between: stressed out, not thinking about school and am therefore happy, have accepted my fate for this subject or just want to cry and give up.
    I've lost count of the number of people that have had panic attacks, broken down in tears or have given up this year...
    Is it just our school? Or is it like this everywhere?
    It's happening in my school as well! So many people in my year have dropped there optional subjects, luckily I haven't dropped any yet and I'm not planning to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanderwoodsen)
    Same here! I'd been toying around with the possibility of an apprenticeship, at a media or I.T. company, but honestly I think A-Levels are the right option for me. What are you taking/thinking of taking?
    I'm taking biology, chemistry, maths and German (if I get the grades aha, which I should, but you never know...)
    What're you taking?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Please tell me I'm not the only one to have come home from school today with a entire bag full of revision for the holidays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Please tell me I'm not the only one to have come home from school today with a entire bag full of revision for the holidays...
    you are not the only one... in fact... i vot given a lot of post its and pends highlighters and flashcards!! i also have to go in 5 out of 10 days for classes...great...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    you are not the only one... in fact... i vot given a lot of post its and pends highlighters and flashcards!! i also have to go in 5 out of 10 days for classes...great...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I have to go in for some days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll revise over the holidays.
    Maybe.
    Probably.
    Definitely.

Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Same... One of my teachers seems to think that past papers are the ONLY effective method of revision. We've had so many given to us throughout the last few weeks - my bag is now full of them.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.