Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I really hope Hart gets injured and City have to play Caballero in the League Cup final...
    Was a very Mignolet-esque performance by Cabellero wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Was a very Mignolet-esque performance by Cabellero wasn't it?
    As close to Mignolet as you're gonna get.
    Made a great point blank save vs Pedro but made at least 2 errors leading to goals. Abysmal.

I know it's not nice to say but I really hope City get a key player injured for the League Cup final. Nothing major of course, but it would be a real boost if Hart/Kompany/Aguero weren't playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    As close to Mignolet as you're gonna get.
    Made a great point blank save vs Pedro but made at least 2 errors leading to goals. Abysmal.

I know it's not nice to say but I really hope City get a key player injured for the League Cup final. Nothing major of course, but it would be a real boost if Hart/Kompany/Aguero weren't playing.
    Hopefully Aguero, Kompany and Hart will all collide in training and pick up slight injuries.

Imagine Sturridge/Coutinho/Firmino against Caballero :drool::drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Hopefully Aguero, Kompany and Hart will all collide in training and pick up slight injuries.

Imagine Sturridge/Coutinho/Firmino against Caballero :drool::drool:
    Would probably have his one season blinder against us..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hope Pellegrini starts Caballero in the final - but surely he won't? He can't be that stupid. Their defence was so poor yesterday. Demichelis was woeful, Zabaleta is in decline etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Hope Pellegrini starts Caballero in the final - but surely he won't? He can't be that stupid. Their defence was so poor yesterday. Demichelis was woeful, Zabaleta is in decline etc.
    I think it will be Man City's strongest side. Pellegrini will want to sign off his last season with any and every cup he can. What's the point in being loyal or fair to the players now? He won't get the benefit of it. So what if Caballero kicks up a fuss for not playing? He's Pep's problem in the summer.

In reality Man City have 3 tough games in a week - CL away, League Cup final and then a tough away game in the league against us too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think it will be Man City's strongest side. Pellegrini will want to sign off his last season with any and every cup he can. What's the point in being loyal or fair to the players now? He won't get the benefit of it. So what if Caballero kicks up a fuss for not playing? He's Pep's problem in the summer.

In reality Man City have 3 tough games in a week - CL away, League Cup final and then a tough away game in the league against us too.
    From the Guardian today...

"it must be slightly disconcerting for the club’s supporters that Pellegrini says he will persist with the former Málaga goalkeeper in the Capital One Cup final against Liverpool on Sunday"

ReputationRep:

"it must be slightly disconcerting for the club’s supporters that Pellegrini says he will persist with the former Málaga goalkeeper in the Capital One Cup final against Liverpool on Sunday"
    Oh yes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Oh yes
    Amen. Mignolet and Cabellero. They probably aren't even the worst two goalkeepers in a League Cup final.

You look back at the ones from the past decade or so:

Pantilimon and Mannone
    Duke and Tremmel

ReputationRep:

Mourinho-style mind games.

ReputationRep:

Surely not after that performance.. Was at fault for at least 2 goals.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Surely not after that performance.. Was at fault for at least 2 goals.
    Made Mignolet look unbeatable.

ReputationRep:
    Made Mignolet look unbeatable.
    Dont say that, Mignolet will see it as a challenge to reach new highs of stupidity.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    By the way, it was on this day we beat Bayer Leverkusen 3-1 at Anfield en route to Istanbul in 2005.

Igor Biscan's finest moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Kevin Stewart signs new contract. 4 years with an option of 1 year extension.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Kevin Stewart signs new contract. 4 years with an option of 1 year extension.
    Fantastic for him, after an injury that could ruin his long term chances here.

He's got a PL career ahead of him, at Liverpool or not. Can easily see him ending up at Spurs, Everton, West Ham in 5 years time if he leaves us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Fantastic for him, after an injury that could ruin his long term chances here.

He's got a PL career ahead of him, at Liverpool or not. Can easily see him ending up at Spurs, Everton, West Ham in 5 years time if he leaves us.
    We got him after Spurs released him so probably not going back there

ReputationRep:
    We got him after Spurs released him so probably not going back there
    dunno if you're being serious
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I really like Stewart. He's combative and doesn't shirk responsibility, which I really admire in a young player. To be fair, though, I thought Teixeira and Chirivella were both lightweights but they've impressed me with their ability to get stuck in during their recent appearances.

ReputationRep:
    You know who I miss? Daniel Agger

Anyone in our squad who would do that to Sterling?

Maybe Flanagan

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.