Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topblogger)
    I applied for Phil&Econ and got an offer after about 1.5 weeks into it. I think these emails are generic and they go in the order (acknowledgment, 2 weeks etc..) so even if they want to keep your application for a week, they'll send you a 4 week email or whatever you're supposed to get at that time. Your application may be supposed to be held for two months but you'll only get a 2 week email if that's the one that's due for you. Hope this helps and good luck.
    Thank you, and congratulations on your offer. I know you are saying that these emails don't really mean much and are just part of the process, but do you know of any one getting an offer after their deadline by any chance? if so this will certainly make many of us who are waiting after the deadline feel a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StretfordEnd)
    I was invited. I'm a UK student but a mature applicant :>
    Have you got any a-levels? I'm a mature student but have recently taken mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #Unknown)
    Hi, very sorry for your rejection but I don't understand why you got rejected because you have awesome grades. Did they send you an email explaining why they rejected you?
    Dear ...

I am sorry to tell you that we are unable to offer you admission to study BSc in Mathematics and Economics at LSE for the 2014/5 academic year.

The feedback we have received from the Admissions Selector indicates that your application was unsuccessful as you have not fully justified your interest in the BSc in Mathematics and Economics programme. Applicants for the combined honours programmes are expected to address all aspects of the course in their personal statement and the Admissions Selector felt that you did not demonstrate sufficient interest in both subjects in your personal statement.

Due to the level of competition for admission to the School, the quality of your personal statement is an important part of our admissions criteria.

For further information regarding our admissions criteria, including clarification on what constitutes a good personal statement, please visit:
    http://lse.ac.uk/UGAdmissionsCriteria.

We appreciate the effort it takes to make an application to study at university. Our decision is not a reflection on your abilities. Due to the large number of applications that we receive in a very competitive environment, we must unfortunately disappoint the majority of our applicants each year.

We arrive at all of our admissions decisions by means of a thorough review process. As a result, all application decisions are final; we are unable to consider appeals.

I am sorry we have had to disappoint you in your application to study BSc in Mathematics and Economics.

With best wishes,

Chris Brown

UG Admissions Assessor

BSc in Mathematics and Economics

ReputationRep:
    I got my 7 weeks email just now, but seven weeks that's like end of March and as I've understood it they try to make a decision before that right? So I should get an offer/rejection by then? Or could I still get the four week email after that? (Not really sure what the standard process is?)

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean to get the 7 weeks e-mail? It this a good sign? Sounds promising, but I'd like to hear some personal opinions on this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoxylady)
    What does it mean to get the 7 weeks e-mail? It this a good sign? Sounds promising, but I'd like to hear some personal opinions on this...
    Well, it means that you're good enough to not get instantly rejected, which is a good sign People have received offers after receiving the 7 week mail, so keep your hopes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marhju)
    Well, it means that you're good enough to not get instantly rejected, which is a good sign People have received offers after receiving the 7 week mail, so keep your hopes up!
    I appreciate your instantaneous reply, Marhju. Thank you for calming down my heart, which had gone double its normal rate since I got the e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    New applicants please enter your info here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...king_page_2014

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate your instantaneous reply, Marhju. Thank you for calming down my heart, which had gone double its normal rate since I got the e-mail.
    No problem, I also got the 7 week email 3 weeks ago, so I suppose I have some own interest in having a positive attitude towards our chances Now just sit back and relax for 7 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Got an invitation for the Admissions Assessment on 4 March. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvrey)
    Have you got any a-levels? I'm a mature student but have recently taken mine
    Nope, no a levels here, and only 4 GCSE's at A-C! My application is based almost solely on the fact that I'm working to distinction standard (and predicted 100% distinctions) on an essay-centric access course and the fact I'm heavily involved in my student Union (1 of 2 student president/govenors for a 27,000 student college).

The fact that, access course progress aside, my academic profile is fairly weak is what dissuaded me Oxbridge; everything seemed to point to LSE being more interested in candidates who could display a real passion (ew) for their subject - hopefully my choice has been somewhat vindicated since I've been invited to UGAA!

ReputationRep:
    No problem, I also got the 7 week email 3 weeks ago, so I suppose I have some own interest in having a positive attitude towards our chances Now just sit back and relax for 7 weeks.
    What course have you applied for? Ugh, relaxing is such a luxury. With mock exams next week and the number of deadlines this week, relaxing seems impossible!

ReputationRep:
    Any Government and Economics applicants?

ReputationRep:
    When you say :"People have received offers after receiving the 7 week mail" you mean all of those people or some of them ? I also recieved a 7 week mail 6 weeks ago so im quite stressed right now haha

ReputationRep:
    What course have you applied for? Ugh, relaxing is such a luxury. With mock exams next week and the number of deadlines this week, relaxing seems impossible!
    Government and economics, you? Hehe yeah so do I, but you can at least relax from the stress of getting a decision I'm still constantly checking ucas, but at least I know there isn't a big chance something will have changed.

(Original post by lolobxl)
    When you say :"People have received offers after receiving the 7 week mail" you mean all of those people or some of them ? I also recieved a 7 week mail 6 weeks ago so im quite stressed right now haha
    Some have, just as with the 4-week mail not all will receive an offer. I'm just saying there is still the chance of getting one after the 7-week mail.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know what time the open day for offer holders starts? I need to get booking train tickets. The information on the website isn't up yet for some reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer a while after their 4 week deadline? Mine in 2 weeks late and I'm starting to panic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatsby123)
    Has anyone received an offer a while after their 4 week deadline? Mine in 2 weeks late and I'm starting to panic
    My 4 weeks ended 3 weeks ago, and I've heard nothing. Applied for History.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatsby123)
    (Original post by gracelich)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, my 4 week deadline ended 2 and a half weeks ago, so you are not alone! I'm just hoping they'll make a decision on friday because otherwise we might end up waiting 8 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you must have said 5000th post there .
    Maybe just call them and say that you are very anxious and been waiting for too long, how important LSE is to you etc ... I can feel that you are very anxious about it and I would have been too, I can really sympathise. Maybe the best thing is to contact them because you have a point and its their bad to have missed the deadline by 3 weeks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.