Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmMusic)
    Hi everyone, sorry about not posting for such a long time! I have a good reason, I promise.

And that reason is

Attachment 233758

Scott Harry Fletcher was born on Saturday 20th July at 6:38am, weighing 7lb5oz.

I've been in hospital for a very long time, not only the mental health unit over the past 3 weeks but also having to stay in the maternity ward after the birth. Now we are home and I'm feeling very good, even if a little sleepy. It's good to not have a big bumpy baby belly any more, and the most amazing little man to show for all the trouble over the last few weeks.

Birth story (not for faint hearted!):

Spoiler:
    Show
    I went into labour on Thursday evening after my sweep, with my waters breaking at 1:30 on Friday morning. It was a long, drawn out process as I was in early labour for all of Friday until 12:30am, when I was taken to the delivery suite. Scott was in a back-to back position, when he should have been lying with his back to the left, so it was very traumatic for me. I got very high on gas-and-air and apparently said some really funny things, and finally had an epidural which unfortunately didn't numb much of the pain as it normally would because of the pressure of his position. He got stuck on the way out too so the midwives had to use a suction cup on his head to pull him out. When he was finally born and it was all over he was absolutely perfect!

After the birth I had to stay in hospital for 48 hours due to my medication. On the second day the doctors found he had a heart murmur and he was looking jaundiced, so I had to stay in another night. It was the worst night imaginable, waiting for the news. My bf has a heart condition which affects every male in his family, which means they generally die in their 50s, so it was awful, awful news. The next morning the blood results came back and a doctor did a check on him. There was nothing causing his jaundice and his heart murmur had gone! We came home yesterday at 4:30, knackered but relieved.

I really want to thank Tyrion_Lannister and Anonymous#1 for their awesome support over the last few weeks, so if you guys see this I appreciate what you've done for me more than you will ever know.

Congratulations x

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, sorry about not posting for such a long time! I have a good reason, I promise.

And that reason is

Attachment 233758

I've been in hospital for a very long time, not only the mental health unit over the past 3 weeks but also having to stay in the maternity ward after the birth. Now we are home and I'm feeling very good, even if a little sleepy. It's good to not have a big bumpy baby belly any more, and the most amazing little man to show for all the trouble over the last few weeks.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I went into labour on Thursday evening after my sweep, with my waters breaking at 1:30 on Friday morning. It was a long, drawn out process as I was in early labour for all of Friday until 12:30am, when I was taken to the delivery suite. Scott was in a back-to back position, when he should have been lying with his back to the left, so it was very traumatic for me. I got very high on gas-and-air and apparently said some really funny things, and finally had an epidural which unfortunately didn't numb much of the pain as it normally would because of the pressure of his position. He got stuck on the way out too so the midwives had to use a suction cup on his head to pull him out. When he was finally born and it was all over he was absolutely perfect!

After the birth I had to stay in hospital for 48 hours due to my medication. On the second day the doctors found he had a heart murmur and he was looking jaundiced, so I had to stay in another night. It was the worst night imaginable, waiting for the news. My bf has a heart condition which affects every male in his family, which means they generally die in their 50s, so it was awful, awful news. The next morning the blood results came back and a doctor did a check on him. There was nothing causing his jaundice and his heart murmur had gone! We came home yesterday at 4:30, knackered but relieved.

I really want to thank Tyrion_Lannister and Anonymous#1 for their awesome support over the last few weeks, so if you guys see this I appreciate what you've done for me more than you will ever know.

Congratulations! Hope you can catch up on your rest soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

And that reason is

Attachment 233758

Spoiler:
    Show

Congratulations :party:
    He's absolutely beautiful.

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    Just to let all you rory lovers know that hes contemplating coming back after a month :woo: hes been so strong recently and im so proud of him. Yesterday he was super amazing though he was supportive of me and he did so well in our secret meeting which now means were getting a bit more support in a secretive part of our life which youll all find out soon enough

But hes still smiling and cracking jokes and being the amazing person he is. And he does keep asking about you guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :woo: Great news :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Congratulations! Hope you can catch up on your rest soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hello: Haven't seen you around much lately. How's it going?

ReputationRep:

And that reason is

Attachment 233758

Spoiler:
    Show

Congratulations! I like the picture with the finger on his ickle nose very cute baby!

All the best to you and your baby!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a weeks worth of meds left and dont know wether to get some more and either fight for a higher dose or see if a random dr will change them OR just sack them off as i cant carry on like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

And that reason is

Attachment 233758

Spoiler:
    Show

Congrats to you and the boyfriend! I especially rejoined just now coz I heard there were pics I needed to see :gah: :love: :yay:

And that reason is

Attachment 233758

Spoiler:
    Show

I can't rep you. :cry2:

I also realise that typing this post is a little pointless given all the texts we've exchanged over the past week (and fingers crossed your card will arrive soon!), but still... Massive massive congratulations lovely, I'm so so proud of you, and your little boy is absolutely gorgeous! I really hope things continue to go well for the three of you, and hopefully now that he's out, you'll get the mental health support you need as well.

I'm either on here on via text (text is probably quicker) whenever you need me, and I'm always happy to listen and support. And will always be happy to hear Scott stories come to that. He really is an asbolute sweetie! You and your partner both look really happy and like a lovely little family.

:jumphug: :jumphug:

x
    Also, you definitely don't need to thank me for my support! You've been a wonderful source of support to me, even on Thursday evening when you'd started going into labour and I needed someone. Really can't thank you enough for that! :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    My first day volunteering has gone really well. I'm shockingly good at dodgeball too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just applying to internships and the questions you have to answer are tough. I feel like I can't answer them half as well as other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    My first day volunteering has gone really well. I'm shockingly good at dodgeball too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats awesome!
    Did you remember the 5 Ds of dodgeball? :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being treated like the dirt on my boyfriends sisters shoe

She clearly looks down on me and shes making it more obvious each day. Today shes upset me already! Gahhh cant cope with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

She clearly looks down on me and shes making it more obvious each day. Today shes upset me already! Gahhh cant cope with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, you are with him, not his sister. That's all that matters

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you sure she's looking down on you, or do you just think she is? Why would she have any reason to look down on you? You're lovely and wouldn't harm a fly :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Hmmusic - Oh my goodness! The baby! He's gorgeous! Congratulations. How're you doing?

Thats awesome!
    Did you remember the 5 Ds of dodgeball? :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think I ever learnt them to begin with

Dodgeball injury is the perfect excuse to wear a bandage though so I think that's sorted. And most of my group think I'm 17. Naww.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Are you sure she's looking down on you, or do you just think she is? Why would she have any reason to look down on you? You're lovely and wouldn't harm a fly :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She waited till I sat down with toast to tell me to hang the washing out cos SHE wanted to use the washer, then carried on watching her programme so it clearly wasn't urgent. She also doesn't talk to me unless I talk first. And just generally makes me feel really uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmusic - Oh my goodness! The baby! He's gorgeous! Congratulations. How're you doing?

I don't think I ever learnt them to begin with

Dodgeball injury is the perfect excuse to wear a bandage though so I think that's sorted. And most of my group think I'm 17. Naww.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dodge
    Duck
    Dip
    Dive
    And
    Dodge

That's the only thing I learnt from my school PE days when we used to watch the film dodgeball haha.

It's a fab excuse, I'm sure they won't realise :nah:
    And :woo: looking young is always good, unless your stood next to your mum and the group of 7 year olds your with ask if your sisters :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :five: I was fiendishly good at dodgeball at school - because of all my experience in running away from the ball in every other sport we played.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask ( I swears it's not supposed to sound rude or anything) but is this kind of a private club? Like everyone seems to know each other and is always like "I'm on skype later" "I sent you stuff in the post" "Did you get my texts" etc. Do you all know each other outside TSR? I was thinking of starting a new group cause I feel you guys all know each other and I feel like I'm imposing or something cause I don't know peoples back story or that I'm reading peoples private chats cause I'm like not part of the group and your discussing home life and stuff. I hope I haven.t offended or anything.

New group for newbies?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.