Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm becoming a nervous wreck checking track every half hour I just wanna know already and I don't think ill hear anything else before Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimgreen)
    Hiya! I was there too and still haven't heard anything.. They did say up to 10 days but the wait is killing me I hoped we would have heard by now!

Was anybody at Leeds Uni Primary PGCE interview last Thurs and have you heard back?x
    I was at primary pgce interview last thursday and ive not heard anything yet. have you? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    I was at Leeds uni primary last Thursday and i haven't heard back yet.. Have you? I just want to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    leeds met or leeds trinity?
    i was at leeds trinity last thur and heard nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    How did you find it? I really enjoyed it actually, has made me slightly less sure of which is my first choice! If I get in I guess I have a big decision to make. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Thank you...well done on your interview I'm not really sure how much I'm allowed to say on here but I'll do my best to help you and not break any rules!

The group activities are nothing to worry about, they're quite engaging and dare I say enjoyable just make sure you speak enough but not too much...balance! What article were you given to read? The individual interview was quite intense for me...I gave my presentation about reading so they pushed me with questions about a subject I didn't have much experience with! Don't worry about this as they just want to see that you can give an intelligent and honest answer! They engage with you a lot which is good as you don't feel as if you are talking to yourself. It is an intense couple of hours but overall enjoyable relaxed as the interviewers are so nice, there will be 4-5 of them there on the day!

I'm not sure how much this helps, I hope it does
    Thank you! :-) don't feel quite so nervous now! I was given the 'thinking about thinking' article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowworld)
    Mines on Friday the 24th! Same! Really unsure about what I am going to do for the presentation and how much preparation I need to do for the article! But I have an exam Friday and essay Monday so won't really be looking at it until after then. Have you taken your skills test yet? I won't have done mine, have them booked for the 27th/28th so hope it doesn't go against me! Can I ask what university you attend at the moment - I'm imagining it being me and loads of current Cambridge students! I also have no idea how I am getting there as my interview starts at 9am and I am coming from Southampton and there is no train that will get me there on time so might have to spend the night before in Cambridge!
    I think that will be fine, you still have a few days to prepare which should be okay. I haven't taken my skills tests yet, I've got mine on the 27th and 29th. I don't think it will go against us. I had university exams so would have been a nightmare preparing for those and my uni exams! I attend Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge which hasn't got a very good rep so I wouldn't worry. Just remember they chose us for a reason :-) Yeah if I were you'd I'd stay overnight just to be sure. I have an interview with Oxford Brookes on the 24th and I'm staying overnight. You never know what traffic will be like, etc. What uni are you studying at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker01)
    Hey, Has anyone had/got interviews for University of Worcester and Birmingham City University? For Primary PGCE. .
    How long after you applied did you get your interview request? I have had nothing but a 'Thanks for applying' email...

Also, has anyone heard anything back from Wolverhampton Uni? They requested more information about my work experience but nothing else since...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jezzabezza92)
    leeds met or leeds trinity?
    i was at leeds trinity last thur and heard nothing yet
    I was at uni of leeds and heard back on Wednesday ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How important is it to have a national curriculum degree or national curriculum a levels for a primary pgce? I'm considering applying next year but don't have either

ReputationRep:
    anyone starting the Social Science PGCE at the Ioe ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST10)
    How important is it to have a national curriculum degree or national curriculum a levels for a primary pgce? I'm considering applying next year but don't have either
    It isn't at all! I have a levels in IT and Business and a degree in Marketing!

It becomes relevant when your applying for Secondary, but not Primary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    It isn't at all! I have a levels in IT and Business and a degree in Marketing!

It becomes relevant when your applying for Secondary, but not Primary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh phew! just had a bit of a worry that none of my a levels or my degree were national curriculum. thank you for the info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST10)
    oh phew! just had a bit of a worry that none of my a levels or my degree were national curriculum. thank you for the info!
    That's ok! You'll have to relate your degree to the national curriculum at interview stage and things like that, but you've got a while to think about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    That's ok! You'll have to relate your degree to the national curriculum at interview stage and things like that, but you've got a while to think about that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My degree is Criminology and Sociology, and a fair few of my Sociology modules can be related so hopefully I'll be able to relate it all okay. Thanks for the info again

ReputationRep:
    Have a quick question about the numeracy skills test. Anyone who has taken it do we only get 18 seconds to answer the mental arithmetic questions like it is for the online practice? Would appreciate if anyone could let me know
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar1234)
    Have a quick question about the numeracy skills test. Anyone who has taken it do we only get 18 seconds to answer the mental arithmetic questions like it is for the online practice? Would appreciate if anyone could let me know
    Thanks!
    Yep it's exactly the same as the practice ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Does anybody know how many times we can reschedule the skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Thanks

Oh dear thats way too quick!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    How did you find it? I really enjoyed it actually, has made me slightly less sure of which is my first choice! If I get in I guess I have a big decision to make. Lol.
    I found it quite good actually...i spent so long talking to the interviewer...she asked like 2 questions haha...hopefully thats a sign i answered a lot in my answers its weird...i was in the same room as you today but have no idea who you actually were haha...mysterious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    I found it quite good actually...i spent so long talking to the interviewer...she asked like 2 questions haha...hopefully thats a sign i answered a lot in my answers its weird...i was in the same room as you today but have no idea who you actually were haha...mysterious!
    Hahaha spooky! :-P I was the girl in group C, in the grey dress.

And I spent ages talking as well and am also hoping that is a positive not a negative!!!! Lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.