Reading all that text just confused me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Reading all that text just confused me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry I think the summary is that whilst they still want unis to make reasonable adjustments for students, rather than SFE (or Welsh/Scottish/NI equivalents) picking up all the bills and taking all the responsibility, they are aware that some unis won't be able to do that in time for the 2015/16 intake. So they're pushing back their start date for the new measures, to Sept 2016.

That's what I took from it anyway
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    DSA news update:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2879465
    Wait, so what has actually changed? Not that I really knew a lot about it in the first place, but just confused now

Edit: Saw your other post- that possibly makes more sense, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Focus on deep breathing if you can
    im trying.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I think the summary is that whilst they still want unis to make reasonable adjustments for students, rather than SFE (or Welsh/Scottish/NI equivalents) picking up all the bills and taking all the responsibility, they are aware that some unis won't be able to do that in time for the 2015/16 intake. So they're pushing back their start date for the new measures, to Sept 2016.

That's what I took from it anyway
    No need to apologise hun, it wasn't you that wrote it, and it's just my dumb brain that can't concentrate at all these days

So if I apply this year everything will be like normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    brain cannot read all that text but basically I thought (from finding out a few days ago) that no changes to DSA (for our end anyway) would be made until 2016. at one point they were talking about not giving money out for different accommodation etc but afaik this wont be changing until 2016

ReputationRep:
    might have that completely wrong though, who knows
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Wait, so what has actually changed? Not that I really knew a lot about it in the first place, but just confused now

Edit: Saw your other post- that possibly makes more sense, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think also in 2016/17 intake onwards, there will be less provision for computer equipment. There was also talk about changing provisions for support staff but I didn't manage to figure out (from the previous statement) what that was all about :o:

No need to apologise hun, it wasn't you that wrote it, and it's just my dumb brain that can't concentrate at all these days

So if I apply this year everything will be like normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't have a dumb brain at all hun - don't put yourself down like that! :penguinhug:

Yes, should be normal, if I've understood it right :yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    brain cannot read all that text but basically I thought (from finding out a few days ago) that no changes to DSA (for our end anyway) would be made until 2016. at one point they were talking about not giving money out for different accommodation etc but afaik this wont be changing until 2016
    Exactly! :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    I think also in 2016/17 intake onwards, there will be less provision for computer equipment. There was also talk about changing provisions for support staff but I didn't manage to figure out (from the previous statement) what that was all about :o:

You don't have a dumb brain at all hun - don't put yourself down like that! :penguinhug:

Nah it's true, I think antidepressants affect my ability to focus on things, but they do allow me to get out of bed so I can put up with it

Hmm, glad I'll hopefully be getting any computer equipment I need this year then :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! :lovehug:
    :kissing2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nah it's true, I think antidepressants affect my ability to focus on things, but they do allow me to get out of bed so I can put up with it
    Ah I def know that feeling! Though tbh in my case I think Oxford just broke me entirely. ADs don't help though

:hugs:

Hmm, glad I'll hopefully be getting any computer equipment I need this year then :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Ohh ok that helps a bit! So if I'm starting next year I might still get it as it is then? Not sure if I'm eligible anyway, but could be worth a thought nearer the time

Well done on the finishing internship thing anyway! (think it was you?) I meant to reply but don't think I ever got round to it or lost the post or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :kissing2:
    :fan:

:penguinhug:

Ohh ok that helps a bit! So if I'm starting next year I might still get it as it is then? Not sure if I'm eligible anyway, but could be worth a thought nearer the time
    It's def worth looking into - mental health problems are covered by the Disability Act or whatever it's called Yes as long as you start in 2015 Autumn, it looks like you might be OK!

Well done on the finishing internship thing anyway! (think it was you?) I meant to reply but don't think I ever got round to it or lost the post or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww, thank you! Yes that was me :o:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I def know that feeling! Though tbh in my case I think Oxford just broke me entirely. ADs don't help though

Same :yep:
    :hugs: hopefully I'll get equipment to record lectures so even if I'm struggling to concentrate I can listen to them again later :yep: got my assessment on the 6th of October, so nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

It's def worth looking into - mental health problems are covered by the Disability Act or whatever it's called Yes as long as you start in 2015 Autumn, it looks like you might be OK!

:lol: :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Good, thank you! Yay, well done :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    feeling extremely wobbly/weird/fragile. bleeeeeeeeeugh. life seems even harder than normal recently.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hugs: hopefully I'll get equipment to record lectures so even if I'm struggling to concentrate I can listen to them again later :yep: got my assessment on the 6th of October, so nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No need to be nervous - the assessors are really nice and helpful! It's not like getting a government disability-based hand-out, where the assessor may be scrutinising you or trying to catch you out.

I spent the whole of my assessment drawing pictures :teehee:

:lol: :hugs:
    :console: :jumphug: :console: bout your last post

Good, thank you! Yay, well done :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No need to be nervous - the assessors are really nice and helpful! It's not like getting a government disability-based hand-out, where the assessor may be scrutinising you or trying to catch you out.

I spent the whole of my assessment drawing pictures :teehee:

:console: :jumphug: :console: bout your last post

That's really reassuring, thanks! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.