Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    It's not always about looks more about there personality

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who is that adorable cat in your profile pic? I always wondered.

ReputationRep:
    minglingmuslims.com

loool jk. no such website, I think so anyways. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who is that adorable cat in your profile pic? I always wondered.
    Internet. Why?

ReputationRep:
    IdeasForLifeRishtaServices.com

legit site, check link innit.

ReputationRep:
    Internet. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its just such a cute cat, that's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its just such a cute cat, that's why.
    Like me :fan:, kidding* :mmm:. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Like me :fan:, kidding* :mmm:. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tsk tsk, you jumped the gun.Was going to say that bextbbut Nvm, your welcome.
    Is that cat meat to reflect your personality? 😃😉.

ReputationRep:
    What do i mean when i say i fear my Lord?

Firstly, Allah swt (The only immaterial, incomparable, necessary existence i.e God) is free of need. He does not feel emotion, nor does he change states, nor is he in need of us. So why then, are we told to pray five times a day, and why then do some of us have 'fear' of our lord?

To answer this, we need to consider what our purpose is as human beings, and who and what we are. We humans have no match or equal on this planet. We have, using intelligence, produced empires, dynasties, cities, technologies, art, poetry, advancements in medicine and science, expanded vastly in so many aspects and dimensions. We were given intelligence by the creator - and this is evidenced by our ability to think, our excellent compilations of deep thinking and marvelous philosophy. And hence, being given these facets , we are able to reflect more on our purpose.

There's a famous quote which goes by 'with great power, comes great responsibility'. Our intelligence, our sense of morality, our privelleges do not come alone. They also come with responsibility, rights, duties to ourselves and to other human beings.

Additionally and perhaps most importantly, it is a duty to know God, to know the ultimate of all ultimate, and the term 'ultimate' barely is befitting of him. Once we know the existence of God, the one upon whom we all ultimately rely, and that therefore we are not in existence by chance, but by purpose, we then begin to reflect on ourselves, our intelligence, our philosophies, our very being and essence, and realize how privileged we are, and what duty is coupled to us.

When i say i fear my lord, yet love my lord, i do not mean i fear him because he scares me, or he frightens me. Rather i fear disobeying the creator of all things, abusing the privilege i have, the beauty of intellect, the beauty of self reflection, of morality, of consciousness and being utterly ungrateful for these things, thus tossing aside the responsibilities i have.

Of earning punishment due to no fault but my own.

If you raped someone in your class or workplace, and later realized what a wrong thing you did, yet feared punishment, it could be possible that as well as fearing the retribution of what you have done being accountable by law and punishment, you also feel remorse for abusing someone, causing pain, abusing the duty, intellect, core sense of morality you were imbued with as a human being. And hence the fear is disobeying such an intrinsic moral code.

This is something some non-muslims and even some muslims misconstrue when we say 'fear Allah'. It means fear the privellege as well as the duty to uphold the responsibility coupled with that proigvelle. Do not be ungrateful and negligent, and arrogant.

I speak to myself, preach to my own self first, so if i falter in practicing what i preach , witness i have preached to my own self first, and i pray to Allah swt to grant us wisdom, understanding, intellect to struggle in his cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Tsk tsk, you jumped the gun.Was going to say that bextbbut Nvm, your welcome.
    Is that cat meat to reflect your personality? .
    :noway:

ReputationRep:
    عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد، عن ابن فضال، عن ثعلبة بن ميمون، عن حمزة بن محمد الطيار، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام في قول الله عزوجل: " وما كان الله ليضل قوما بعد إذ هداهم حتى يبين لهم ما يتقون " قال: حتى يعرفهم ما يرضيه وما يسخطه، وقال: " فألهمها فجورها وتقويها " قال: بين لها ما تأتي وما تترك، وقال: " إنا هديناه السبيل إما شاكرا وإما كفورا " قال: عرفناه، إما آخذ وإما تارك، وعن قوله: " وأما ثمود فهديناهم فاستحبوا العمى على الهدى " قال: عرفناهم فاستحبوا العمى على الهدى وهم يعرفون؟ وفي رواية: بينا لهم.

Several of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khalid from ibn Faddal from Tha`laba b. Maymun from Hamza b. Muhammad at-Tayyar from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام regarding the saying of Allah عزوجل, “It was never Allah’s part that He should send a folk astray after He had guided them until He had made clear unto them what they should avoid” (9:115).

He said: Until they know what He is pleased with and what He is displeased with. And He says, “And inspired it with knowledge of what is wrong for it and what is right for it” (91:8) – [meaning,] elucidate to it what to take to and what to abandon. And He says, “We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or disbelieving” (76:3) – we have recognized it, either take to it or abandon it. And regarding His saying, “As for Thamud, we sent guidance to them but they preferred blindness over guidance” (41:17) – He made them recognize, but they preferred blindness over guidance and they knew it.

And in another narration: We elucidated it for them. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 412)

(hasan muwathaq) (حسن موثق)

ReputationRep:
    Internet. Why?
    Peace be with you sister,

Congratulations on the birth of the baby girl in your family! May Allah swt bless the baby and your family and grant you patience and strength.

How beautiful, a baby girl is born in the 21st century, in the home of a family whose ultimate role model is a man who abolished female infanticide - an act still prevalent in area's like india and china today.

ReputationRep:
    :noway:
    All those spelling mistakes 😚.
    I meant are you focused like a cat and stuff among those lines. Not to mention Muhammed (pbuh) had a cat, so I guess that could mean religious or pious too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)

Congratulations on the birth of the baby girl in your family! May Allah swt bless the baby and your family and grant you patience and strength.

How beautiful, a baby girl is born in the 21st century, in the home of a family whose ultimate role model is a man who abolished female infanticide - an act still prevalent in area's like india and china today.
    Yeah,I heard middle class people in those countries often abort the baby if it's female, so there is a high male to female ratio.Shame on them 👎.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    IdeasForLifeRishtaServices.com

legit site, check link innit.
    LOOOL. Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    You know, it is absolutely fascinating to look at the claim in the Quran that the bible has been changed or distorted from what was originally sent, and that people wrote of their own will - some mixing truth and falsehood, and said 'This is from Allah' when it was not!

You see, for Muhammed pbuh to have known this, he would have had to really study the gospels, really study the distinction between Jesus pbuh and Paul, know who wrote what, when they wrote it, the history of the Church. People accuse Muhammed pbuh for vaguely narrating what he heard , but the fact he had stated the works in the Bible (Let us focus on the New testament) had indeed been interpolated shows remarkable analysis and insight - which some Christians themselves attest to. In fact, it totally shatters the myth Muhammed pbuh only vaguely narrated what he heard from christians, because he would have to have had a very, very good understanding to make the claims he did.

You see, almost half of the New testament is alleged to have been written by paul. The new testament has 28 books, 7 are certainly by paul 7 are perhaps disputed. Paul was a self-appointed apostle, who had never met Jesus pbuh. In fact, the four gospels narrating the miracles of Jesus pbuh were only written after Paul. Interestingly enough, Paul never mentions any of the miracles of Jesus pbuh, his vigrin birth, key facts and statements like this, which has had many christians who have analyses this actually questioning why his involvement of Jesus pbuh only comes with his invented doctrine of Jesus pbuh being divine, dying for our sins.

I would probably understand if a false-self declared prophet would have barely written about a man he never met, therefore had little knowledge of his life and works, or had his own agenda. People accuse Muhammed pbuh of having his own Agenda, but we see a man like Paul who had his own Agenda as a false prophet rarely even accounting the miracles and key facts about Jesus pbuh.

If you think it is only muslims trying to refute Christianity, you will find many Christians actually refuting Paul and trying to hold onto the 'historical Jesus pbuh.

In the end , the Quran is absolutely spot on, and here is what it says, perhaps a reference to Paul as well as to those who mixed truth and falsehood (maybe some of the other unknown writers) it could also refer in addition to anyone who introduced anything else after.

Can ye (o ye men of Faith) entertain the hope that they will believe in you?- Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it… Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby. (Quran 2:75,79)

There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it! (Quran 3:78)

For Muhammed pbuh to so confidently make this claim he would have had to(take in mind, he never read nor wrote a book, and this was before the internet , or translated copy of the bible, or even widely available texts for all , on the deserts of arabia):

1. Read the entire Bible, and contrast Jesus pbuh vs Paul, and they do conflict.
    2. Look and contrast between the historical Jesus vs Paul
    3. Know the way the new-testament was compiled, perform a historical extensive analysis
    4. Realize Jesus pbuh preached monotheism, and Paul preached contrary to Jesus pbuh, and therefore attempt to try and preach what Jesus pbuh had originally done so.
    5. Realize many of the authors of the bible are indeed unknown, and that the other books may contain quite a few discrepancies.

This all was pretty extensive work, a very, very extensive task for those days if it was even possible for him to even have access to this information, if it even did exist! But he was spot on.

Again, this contradicts the idea he heard random stories and copied them down, because if you go by the assumption he copied the Bible, from what i have posted in this short article, he would have had to have pretty extensive information of many, many things, some i don't think or doubt would have been available to him.

So let us add this onto the list of assumptions made about him:

1. Best arabic linguist of all time
    2. Most influential man of all time
    3. Most rational biblical scholar
    4. Excellent defence/war general
    5. A pope- without the pretensions of a pope, leading a holy life.
    6. Lived a simple life , a poor one.

etc, etc...

By the way, this is only going on the assumption of an atheist or non-muslim. I do not think Muhammed pbuh was the best linguist of all time,the words could only have come from God, as per the Qurans challenge not being met historically, as per the objective linguistic, as well as other facets of the Qurans arabic, and many many other proofs he is surely a Prophet of God.

ReputationRep:
    You know, it is absolutely fascinating to look at the claim in the Quran that the bible has been changed or distorted from what was originally sent, and that people wrote of their own will - some mixing truth and falsehood, and said 'This is from Allah' when it was not!

You see, for Muhammed pbuh to have known this, he would have had to really study the gospels, really study the distinction between Jesus pbuh and Paul, know who wrote what, when they wrote it, the history of the Church. People accuse Muhammed pbuh for vaguely narrating what he heard , but the fact he had stated the works in the Bible (Let us focus on the New testament) had indeed been interpolated shows remarkable analysis and insight - which some Christians themselves attest to. In fact, it totally shatters the myth Muhammed pbuh only vaguely narrated what he heard from christians, because he would have to have had a very, very good understanding to make the claims he did.

You see, almost half of the New testament is alleged to have been written by paul. The new testament has 28 books, 7 are certainly by paul 7 are perhaps disputed. Paul was a self-appointed apostle, who had never met Jesus pbuh. In fact, the four gospels narrating the miracles of Jesus pbuh were only written after Paul. Interestingly enough, Paul never mentions any of the miracles of Jesus pbuh, his vigrin birth, key facts and statements like this, which has had many christians who have analyses this actually questioning why his involvement of Jesus pbuh only comes with his invented doctrine of Jesus pbuh being divine, dying for our sins.

I would probably understand if a false-self declared prophet would have barely written about a man he never met, therefore had little knowledge of his life and works, or had his own agenda. People accuse Muhammed pbuh of having his own Agenda, but we see a man like Paul who had his own Agenda as a false prophet rarely even accounting the miracles and key facts about Jesus pbuh.

If you think it is only muslims trying to refute Christianity, you will find many Christians actually refuting Paul and trying to hold onto the 'historical Jesus pbuh.

In the end , the Quran is absolutely spot on, and here is what it says, perhaps a reference to Paul as well as to those who mixed truth and falsehood (maybe some of the other unknown writers) it could also refer in addition to anyone who introduced anything else after.

Can ye (o ye men of Faith) entertain the hope that they will believe in you?- Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it… Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby. (Quran 2:75,79)

There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it! (Quran 3:78)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paul never met Jesus? But I thought Paul was one of the disciples and was at the last supper? Wasn't he?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paul never met Jesus? But I thought Paul was one of the disciples and was at the last supper? Wasn't he? 😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Paul never met Jesus? But I thought Paul was one of the disciples and was at the last supper? Wasn't he?

Paul had never met Jesus pbuh. Jesus had 12 disciplies, and Paul attempted to take part of 'Judas' who betrayed Jesus pbuh, and hence made himself the self appointed 12th replacement. He never met him, he rarely refers to the life of Jesus pbuh - either showing his ignorance of it, or his wanting his own agenda. If you read what Jesus pbuh himself is alleged to have said VS what Paul says, even some christians and academics argue you have two entirely different forms of christianity.

ReputationRep:

Thanks for your kind words brother. JZK-K! Ameen. Well said brother :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.