Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    meh, did ok according to the mark scheme. A bit fearful to look but probably got around 55 *sigh* No A for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicadanby1996)
    it asked specifically where they are, and that is the post synaptic membrane
    (Original post by Student23478)
    Can anyone confirm for salvia sample 1 marker for genetic information one (I think) did people put dna?? Or molecules in the mouth I put them 2 was not sure
    Fair enough. I was tempted to go with this but it seemed oddly vague so i put Neuromuscular junction - post synaptic membrane but it's probably a MARK FIRST ANS ONLY kinda thing

ReputationRep:
    For the light shining in the person's eye, could you have said it was like an escape reflex and the autonomic system was involved?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)
    For the light shining in the person's eye, could you have said it was like an escape reflex and the autonomic system was involved?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure about the escape part but its certainly an autonomic reflex!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student23478)
    Can anyone confirm for salvia sample 1 marker for genetic information one (I think) did people put dna?? Or molecules in the mouth I put them 2 was not sure
    If you mean the source of dna i put the cheek cells

ReputationRep:
    63 A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME COMPLETE GOOGLE DOC, message me for any changes nobody can have permissions to edit sorry <3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I think the second to last answer was to do with how it is transported around the plant after it has been absorbed?

Maybe mass flow etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solarburst)
    I think the second to last answer was to do with how it is transported around the plant after it has been absorbed?

Maybe mass flow etc?
    I shall add in the term mass flow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miller_r)
    If you mean the source of dna i put the cheek cells
    woo so did I.
    I think the second to last answer was to do with how it is transported around the plant after it has been absorbed?<br />
    <br />
    Maybe mass flow etc?
    I did the same and said that it moves out of the bordered pits. Seemed logical, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    woo so did I.

I did the same and said that it moves out of the bordered pits. Seemed logical, right?
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    I shall add in the term mass flow!
    Yeah because since it was AFTER (sorry can't italicize on my phone aha) the active transport into roots is irrelevant?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because since it was AFTER (sorry can't italicize on my phone aha) the active transport into roots is irrelevant?
    I don't remember the exact phrasing, I remember mentioning the roots to be sure but mainly spoke about the flown the phloem and sink of the plant, but ill trust your memory is better than mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    I don't remember the exact phrasing, I remember mentioning the roots to be sure but mainly spoke about the flown the phloem and sink of the plant, but ill trust your memory is better than mine!
    Didn't it say how the stuff gets transported to the fruit rather than into the roots themselves? Tbh I was annoyed when I saw this as there was too much cheeky unit 1,2 and 4 in this

ReputationRep:
    Didn't it say how the stuff gets transported to the fruit rather than into the roots themselves? Tbh I was annoyed when I saw this as there was too much cheeky unit 1,2 and 4 in this
    I think it was far too heavy on the synopticity even for the synoptic paper. Someone on twitter said they realised they left the relevant content out of 1,2 and 4 and decided to shove it in 5! So true. Think it was a bit unfair with the sheer level of it all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    Yeah it was to do with the fruit but I'm pretty sure it stated after it has been abosorbed, hopefully someone will clarify it tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    I think it was far too heavy on the synopticity even for the synoptic paper. Someone on twitter said they realised they left the relevant content out of 1,2 and 4 and decided to shove it in 5! So true. Think it was a bit unfair with the sheer level of it all really.
    I flicked through the whole paper at the start, as I always do, and thought "yeah this seems alright"

Then I actually read the questions as I was progressing and I kept thinking "so when does unit 5 actuall start?"

After the plant and human responses, there didn't seem to be anything on unit 5 ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    Yea i wouldn't have minded a hard paper it is just the fact i think i would have done just as well having not revised for that paper which is not really how exams should be

ReputationRep:
    I flicked through the whole paper at the start, as I always do, and thought "yeah this seems alright"

Then I actually read the questions as I was progressing and I kept thinking "so when does unit 5 actuall start?"

After the plant and human responses, there didn't seem to be anything on unit 5 ffs
    Barely any biotech, or behaviour really, even though most of the unit 5 stuff was from module4 it still didn't feel like real module 4.
    Lacking on anything properly genetic either, thought the whole paper was at a loss to actually challenge our F215 ability and mostly counted on catching us out with stuff we haven't seen in a year!

ReputationRep:
    What ums do you think 75 would get? I thought an A would be around the same as last year, because last year had a lot more recall questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miller_r)
    Yea i wouldn't have minded a hard paper it is just the fact i think i would have done just as well having not revised for that paper which is not really how exams should be
    I would have far preferred a paper like last year or harder, as long as I felt like I was really being asked about.....you know......F215!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    What ums do you think 75 would get? I thought an A would be around the same as last year, because last year had a lot more recall questions.
    142ish

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.