Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Said it before, I wish Wenger just was a bit more selfish and went to Real and Barca when they were in for him. Then people would appreciate him and his vision. Hate to say it, but he does not deserve this bull**** every time we lose. His own fans yelling at him in train stations and swearing at him? His own fans laughing at him falling over? Guy is too loyal that is his problem.

Would support him 100% if he wanted one last big job before he sails off into the sunset. Instead, I have to reply to morons like Peggles. This is what you get for sacrificing your own happiness and success for the club you love, ungrateful fans who start resenting you.

The day Henry left, he should have done too, at the pinnacle. He should have took easy job after easy job like everyones' saviour, Mourinho.

You don't get **** all for loyalty these days, it is a two way street. Guys like Nasri, Van Persie know that all too well. In this context, I do not even resent Sagna, Van Persie, Nasri for leaving... I think Wenger knows the game, what the fans are like, he understands and still loves these guys.

ReputationRep:
    Which manager wouldn't stick around to consistently finish 4th even though they're given the highest salary, and a job in the heart of London?

ReputationRep:
    Some people want more than that.

Wenger sees the club as a business in all honesty. Guy basically runs most aspects of the club so I can see why he's given that salary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Which manager wouldn't stick around to consistently finish 4th even though they're given the highest salary, and a job in the heart of London?
    Sigh. That is the problem with Arsene, I do not think it is the security that is the thing for him. I think it's his Alsace nature. Way too loyal to the club and to the players for his own good. Gets screwed over by his own players and now he is probably going to get screwed over by the fans by the expectations he has created with the new stadium and revenue. Funnily enough, he is getting killed by a monster of a club (i.e. behind the scenes) that he has largely created.
    He should have opted to go to Barca earlier in his career and stuck to football primarily, too late now. No good deeds go unpunished in this world. When you care too much , you start to fail and people start to get on your back. That is why the cold Mourinhos and Fergies of this world are considered the best. Because they stick to football and win even if it means leaving your club in a mess. He should have gone that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)

Can't rate because I've rated you before, but this video absolutely nails it. Really well put by him, wrt the nativity of the team and how there's no reason to be proud of yesterdays performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    This is why people who say "Oh we drew Monaco, we're deffo through to next round" look like complete idiots, when you undermine any football team it comes right back in your face. I knew from the offset it was going to be difficult, but can't believe how some people disregard any football team just because they're in some ****ty league, they're actually a reasonable team.
    They are filled with great young players, definitely will be at the employment of your big guns sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Said it before, I wish Wenger just was a bit more selfish and went to Real and Barca when they were in for him. Then people would appreciate him and his vision. Hate to say it, but he does not deserve this bull**** every time we lose. His own fans yelling at him in train stations and swearing at him? His own fans laughing at him falling over? Guy is too loyal that is his problem.

Would support him 100% if he wanted one last big job before he sails off into the sunset. Instead, I have to reply to morons like Peggles. This is what you get for sacrificing your own happiness and success for the club you love, ungrateful fans who start resenting you.

The day Henry left, he should have done too, at the pinnacle. He should have took easy job after easy job like everyones' saviour, Mourinho.

You don't get **** all for loyalty these days, it is a two way street. Guys like Nasri, Van Persie know that all too well. In this context, I do not even resent Sagna, Van Persie, Nasri for leaving... I think Wenger knows the game, what the fans are like, he understands.
    It’s not every time we lose, hence the banner at WBA. His initial vision failed. He wanted to win it with kids, but they all jumped ship when they realised that we weren’t close enough to do it. It’s every time the same things happen year after year. Football is meant to be unpredictable, but with us, I can pretty much guarantee what will happen before a ball is even kicked.

I do love it when AKBs get personal with the insults? Moron? Because I don’t agree with you? Because I don’t think Arsene Wenger is no longer the manager he once was? Because the same thing keeps on happening season after season but unlike you, I’m not blind and can see the cause? You are the moron here. I know, he’s made such a sacrifice for us, £8 million a year to do the absolute bare minimum, excuse me while I play the world’s smallest violin :rolleyes:

Should have been gone years ago. If we had a board with a backbone he should have gone in the summer of 2011. Went from the possibility of 4 trophies to absolutely nothing, any other manager would have been given his P45 and a bindle.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Can you wait for your turn please? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Can't rate because I've rated you before, but this video absolutely nails it. Really well put by him, wrt the nativity of the team and how there's no reason to be proud of yesterdays performance.
    Summed up what I was saying initially before Tom_Ford decided to think I was talking about Wenger.

Valiant defeats mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, when the finances improve for a team there is hardly ever instant success. We've seen it with Chelsea and City, it took them time to build a team with winners, and even now City can't nail the CL. We've seen with Liverpool and Tottenham that a team can't be rebuilt in a season.

Honestly think Wenger should be given until his current contract expires to truly judge him because if the stadium was paid of a year or two ago then it will obviously take him time from going from the 2012/13 team to a CL challenging team.

When Wenger replied to Mourinho in saying that, 'some managers are too scared to fail' it makes sense. Would be so much easier to leave in 2005 and to win silverware elsewhere but Wenger takes the risk, probably knowing that the future years aren't going to be as successful to rebuild a team and a stadium. He knew how much stick he would get, and probably saw that players would snake it too.

What he would have done by 2017 is have paid off a stadium and would have built a team that's more than capable for challenging on all fronts. Would have laid out the perfect infrastructure at the emirates and will set us up to not ever be completely ****ed. I.e, when he leaves, Arsenal won't fall like United did (even if it was just for a season).

Wenger will probably leave it in 2017, and he deserves every bit of respect for every second that he stays. He's signed a contract and won't be sacked so these Wenger-in vs Wenger out convo's are a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Mo is completely right, you can't look at a second leg on it's own where one team knows they can let in 2 goals and win.

Best guy on AFTV by some way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    To be honest, when the finances improve for a team there is hardly ever instant success. We've seen it with Chelsea and City, it took them time to build a team with winners, and even now City can't nail the CL. We've seen with Liverpool and Tottenham that a team can't be rebuilt in a season.

Honestly think Wenger should be given until his current contract expires to truly judge him because if the stadium was paid of a year or two ago then it will obviously take him time from going from the 2012/13 team to a CL challenging team.

When Wenger replied to Mourinho in saying that, 'some managers are too scared to fail' it makes sense. Would be so much easier to leave in 2005 and to win silverware elsewhere but Wenger takes the risk, probably knowing that the future years aren't going to be as successful to rebuild a team and a stadium. He knew how much stick he would get, and probably saw that players would snake it too.

What he would have done by 2017 is have paid off a stadium and would have built a team that's more than capable for challenging on all fronts. Would have laid out the perfect infrastructure at the emirates and will set us up to not ever be completely ****ed. I.e, when he leaves, Arsenal won't fall like United did (even if it was just for a season).

Wenger will probably leave it in 2017, and he deserves every bit of respect for every second that he stays. He's signed a contract and won't be sacked so these Wenger-in vs Wenger out convo's are a waste of time.
    People seem to be confusing ambition with success. I never said I wanted instant gratification and most don’t. All I want is to compete, not be out of the CL at the R16, not out of the title race before Christmas. That’s it.
    We are stuck with him until 2017. He should have been given a rolling contract rather than 3 years after the cup win.

Or the flip side of that could be Arsenal for him is a cushy job. £8m a year to finish 4th and occasionally win a cup isn’t a bad deal. Had he been at a club were the expectations are more than that, he may not have lasted long.

I don’t doubt that the club is in a good position to seriously kick on, but I don’t think Wenger is the man to do that.

Because I want him gone doesn’t mean I don’t respect him. I respect what he has done…in the past.

ReputationRep:
    Man hasn't got time to read these dissertations people are writing on this thread.

(Original post by difeo)
    I know, it's just funny that you got beat six times in an "unbeaten season".
    That's my point. No-one wins every game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)

You don't get **** all for loyalty these days, it is a two way street. Guys like Nasri, Van Persie know that all too well. In this context, I do not even resent Sagna, Van Persie, Nasri for leaving... I think Wenger knows the game, what the fans are like, he understands and still loves these guys.
    He wouldn't last a year at Real, those nobhead fans boo everyone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sanchez has started 39 times this season. The guy needs a rest.

ReputationRep:
    You even have meltdowns when you play well. lul if you had to support a ****e club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    You even have meltdowns when you play well. lul if you had to support a ****e club
    Played well, but still went out. Glorious failure for another year.

ReputationRep:
    Lads and ladettes, if you love or know enough about football, you can't be positive about our beloved Arsenal.

The spine of a team, is its GK, CB's, (DM, AM), CF.
    Ospina/Scz; Mert; Coquelin; Giroud just aren't good enough . Don't settle for mediocre players, if you want us to be a big club. Demand more pace and clinical finishing than Welbz & Giroud (French ****), more athleticism than Mert, and passing ability than Coquelin.

Sanchez and Walcott are really struggling in our system right now, how annoying was it to see Walcott, try to be a f****ing J. Defoe second striker, when we needed a winger who can get to the byline and put crosses in. FFS, there was no game management, in the last 15 mins after Welsh Jesus, AR, scored, we couldn't break down their low block.

We need major surgery in our squad imho, and a manager with modern and sophisticated tactics. One that can coach a team to press properly, attack without being completely exposed, like in the first leg against Monaco. Rant over, (((

ReputationRep:
    looking forawrd to this weekend.

I dont see us having a problem at newcastle.. their form is not great, only 2 wins in the last 10 games.. and we, although dissapointed with the outcome, are on a good run now, having both won and played well in the last 3 games (united, west ham, monaco) - comfortable 2-0 win for us, or 3-1 if they score..

I cant see city dropping poitns at home to west brom. - they will drop more points, but it wont be this weekend, and I still dont think we will catch them for 2nd.

Chelsea will be fine.

United and Liverpool.. there is no bad result there, but ofcourse a draw is what I will cheer for. Its not a game that either team can afford to loose, so hopefully it will end in a cagey draw.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal's monumental failure in the Champions League over the last 6 seasons

19 February 2013 Round of 16
    Arsenal 1-3 Bayern

15 February 2012 Round of 16
    Milan 4-0 Arsenal

6 April 2010 Quarter Finals
    Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.