Ultimate EPQ thread watch

• View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    62.56%
    not helpful
    37.44%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alygirl)
    Hey, what would people say are the key elements to touch upon for EPQ presentation? I was thinking of including why I chose that topic, briefly touching upon research then obviously getting into the heart of it. What's the trick to doing well for AQA?
    Mine is tomorrow and I was told to discuss the following;

Why I chose to do an EPQ
    How I decided on my topic area and title
    The research process
    Define the key word in my title and any concepts that need to be explained
    Discuss essay and conclusion
    Evaluation; successes/what you enjoyed/what would you do differently

Mine is approximately 15 minutes with a short video

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    Mine is tomorrow and I was told to discuss the following;

Why I chose to do an EPQ
    How I decided on my topic area and title
    The research process
    Define the key word in my title and any concepts that need to be explained
    Discuss essay and conclusion
    Evaluation; successes/what you enjoyed/what would you do differently

Mine is approximately 15 minutes with a short video

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly what I meant, you need to not only cover your topic! It's simply has it covered'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alygirl)
    Hey, what would people say are the key elements to touch upon for EPQ presentation? I was thinking of including why I chose that topic, briefly touching upon research then obviously getting into the heart of it. What's the trick to doing well for AQA?
    From talking to people around my college, it varies from supervisor to supervisor as to what they want the presentation to include - there isn't really a set structure to the presentation that you have to stick to. Therefore, I would ask your supervisor what they would want you to include in your presentation, and maybe give you feedback after you have done a first draft of your slides or rehersal of your presentation.

However saying that, I think that most supervisors would want you to say why you have chosen the topic you have and explain your findings and conclusions.

I am doing the AQA EPQ. I have uploaded my presentation slides here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5-a...lfNWY5UjJOSWc/ and video of my presentation here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=osFHkj7Dyi4 if they are helpful.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Doing AQA EPQ, but majorly stuck as to what to put into my log book. Help?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I need some help.
    I'm writing my dissertation, if I am talking about results received in a survey, how do I reference this? Any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    I'm writing my dissertation, if I am talking about results received in a survey, how do I reference this? Any help?
    i think you do this by displaying the results on the dissertation
    it's what i did anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flou_fboco2)
    i think you do this by displaying the results on the dissertation
    it's what i did anyway
    Right, so I'd just screenshot and paste my results into the dissertation, and then talk about them? Would I have to make the images "figure 1", and then say, as figure 1 shows or such?

Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Right, so I'd just screenshot and paste my results into the dissertation, and then talk about them? Would I have to make the images "figure 1", and then say, as figure 1 shows or such?

Thanks for the help.
    That's exactly what I did good luck with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I did good luck with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers for the help. Just got 4000 words to write and an evaluation to do and a presentation for Friday.

Piece of cake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)

Thanks for the help.
    yes thats what i did but made charts instead of screen shot as this seems more professional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Cheers for the help. Just got 4000 words to write and an evaluation to do and a presentation for Friday.

Piece of cake.
    No problem! Good luck for Friday, had mine today and it was totally fine Just have to sort out all the paperwork and I can kiss this all goodbye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)

Piece of cake.
    you're joking
    4000 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    you're joking
    4000 :eek:
    Don't say that! I'm sure I'll be fine... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Don't say that! I'm sure I'll be fine... :cry:
    ok then good luck :goodluck: mate

ReputationRep:
    ok then good luck :goodluck: mate
    :lol:

You need to have confidence in me. I'll try to get to about 3000 words by the end of tonight if I can. I'm sure I can ramble on about some nonsense for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    :lol:

You need to have confidence in me. I'll try to get to about 3000 words by the end of tonight if I can. I'm sure I can ramble on about some nonsense for a while.
    :rofl: good luck though I'm glad I'm not in your position lets put it this way
    :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: good luck though I'm glad I'm not in your position lets put it this way
    :cookie:
    Ahaha, I should have started it in September, I'd probably have been finished by now. Once this is out of the way I can start my revision for all the exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Ahaha, I should have started it in September, I'd probably have been finished by now. Once this is out of the way I can start my revision for all the exams...
    true that
    same here but my deadline is not till the 25th

ReputationRep:
    true that
    same here but my deadline is not till the 25th
    Lucky you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Lucky you.
    guess so :thumbsup:

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.