No?
YAP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
That's fair enough.
If you're finding it unsettling, it's not just you - I don't like to think of myself as nuts or loopy etc..
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ramadulla)
No?
I've never seen you post in here, that's all. I just thought proclaiming your love for us all and saying we should all meet up for a big hug was a bit of a piss take. My mistake.
username130457
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I've never seen you post in here, that's all. I just thought proclaiming your love for us all and saying we should all meet up for a big hug was a bit of a piss take. My mistake.
I've actually posted here before, my depression got better for a while.
Now it's starting up again.

--
Anyway, are you ok?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
If you're finding it unsettling, it's not just you - I don't like to think of myself as nuts or loopy etc..
I was going that say that, but I thought he might think I was being a killjoy. Not that I think that of myself. Each to their own, I guess. :dontknow:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I've actually posted here before, my depression got better for a while.
Now it's starting up again.

--
Anyway, are you ok?
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you seeing anyone?
username130457
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you seeing anyone?
Yeah, went to see my doctor today. She's referring my to the Mental Health psychiatricy hospital.

However it's ambiguous whether it's actually depression, or Bipolar disorder.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
I always use terms like that without thinking. It became my way of dealing with my friend being in a psychiatric hospital because we could kind of separate ourselves from it by calling it the 'nut house' or the 'crazy farm' or whatever else. I guess you do what you have to.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I officially give up. End of my life
YAP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
It became my way of dealing with my friend being in a psychiatric hospital because we could kind of separate ourselves from it by calling it the 'nut house' or the 'crazy farm' or whatever else. I guess you do what you have to.
That's pretty much the reason I don't like thinking of myself as nuts - I don't want to go to the nut house. It's not so big a deal anyhow, just semantics.

One of your earlier posts got me thinking, about not wanting to grow up - I wonder how common that is? I know a few people who had low-level troubles bubbling along in the background which hit them during university, either becoming depressed from it, or developing a panic disorder. It's part of the reason I'm sticking in academia, certainly.

Oh, and hope the opiate withdrawal is levelling off now - I'd have been less confident starting on the morphine if I ever thought I'd have to come off.... And apologies for being a bit of a tool the other day - I sometimes get way too much up my own arse when despondent.
username130457
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I officially give up. End of my life
No, I care. Don't, please. You don't know how much you mean to all of us.
:hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
P.S. :hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, went to see my doctor today. She's referring my to the Mental Health psychiatricy hospital.

However it's ambiguous whether it's actually depression, or Bipolar disorder.
Ahh, ok. I read somewhere that Bipolar can be made worse when treated with antidepressants. Are you on anything?

I hope the hospital can help.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Ahh, ok. I read somewhere that Bipolar can be made worse when treated with antidepressants. Are you on anything?

yeah that's true, a lot can trigger manic episodes.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I don't know if it means anything but, I don't want to grow up, really. I sometimes have days where I think being older/grown up would be nice. But then I think about it and realise I won't be able to cope. I couldn't live/cope if my parents died (touch wood), for instance.
username130457
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

Yeah, I know.

Yeah - hopefully.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Back at home for Christmas now, so I guess I feel safe, but it still feels awful. I try so hard to ignore those people, but I feel so unhappy when I see them all having a good time at Christmas parties and arranging to meet up for New Year, and not giving a damn about me. I just don't understand how I can have made so little impact on people's lives. I'd rather that they actively hated me than this, where they just cut me out and then carry on as if nothing's happened. :cry:

I hope everyone else is ok - are people starting to wind down for Christmas now?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Back at home for Christmas now, so I guess I feel safe, but it still feels awful. I try so hard to ignore those people, but I feel so unhappy when I see them all having a good time at Christmas parties and arranging to meet up for New Year, and not giving a damn about me. I just don't understand how I can have made so little impact on people's lives. I'd rather that they actively hated me than this, where they just cut me out and then carry on as if nothing's happened. :cry:

I hope everyone else is ok - are people starting to wind down for Christmas now?
That sounds horrible. It can't be nice watching them have a good time. If they were good friends, though, they would have tried to make amends. I think they are the people in the wrong, not you. You've tried really hard. It's been a huge struggle for you to go back. But you've done it and you've done well . You will make new friends. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to be your friend. I'm not just saying that, either. You're a genuine and kind person.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
That sounds horrible. It can't be nice watching them have a good time. If they were good friends, though, they would have tried to make amends. I think they are the people in the wrong, not you. You've tried really hard. It's been a huge struggle for you to go back. But you've done it and you've done well . You will make new friends. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to be your friend. I'm not just saying that, either. You're a genuine and kind person.

I think I've got too much baggage to make any friendships in Oxford now. I always feel like I'm looking over my shoulder, in case I see someone I know. Hopefully things will get better once I've got my degree and I can move away.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)

I think I've got too much baggage to make any friendships in Oxford now. I always feel like I'm looking over my shoulder, in case I see someone I know. Hopefully things will get better once I've got my degree and I can move away.
I really hope so. Keep in touch with us . We'll always be your friends.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads